Pro Wrestling Only

Magnum T.A.

Blehschmidt

I suppose I could have titled this "What If Magnum T.A. never wrecked his car" but those threads got a little crazy and I don't want to be responsible for bringing them back!

But let's suppose for a minute that Magnum never crashes that night. Where does his career go from there? Does he stay with Crockett and become NWA Champion? Does he eventually end up in New York? Does it change the fate of JCP? Does Nikita ever turn? How does it affect Luger and Sting getting the babyface pushes they got in his absence? Any other scenario's?

I will say he gets the title in 1988 and ends up doing okay but never gets the NWA/WCW over the hump. I think around 1991 he jumps ship due to Jim Herd being Jim Herd and ends up in the WWF at the height of the steroid trial. He ends up being an upper-mid card guy and takes Luger's spot in 1993 and gets a short reign as WWF Champion, winning and losing the belt to Yokozuna. He jumps back to WCW in 1995 but kind of fades out as 1996 starts. He does a short stint in ECW and maybe a quick cup of coffee in the WWF for the NWA angle before calling it quits.

I will say he gets the title in 1988 and ends up doing okay but never gets the NWA/WCW over the hump. I think around 1991 he jumps ship due to Jim Herd being Jim Herd and ends up in the WWF at the height of the steroid trial. He ends up being an upper-mid card guy and takes Luger's spot in 1993 and gets a short reign as WWF Champion, winning and losing the belt to Yokozuna. He jumps back to WCW in 1995 but kind of fades out as 1996 starts. He does a short stint in ECW and maybe a quick cup of coffee in the WWF for the NWA angle before calling it quits.

For me I would have thought he'd beat Flair at Starrcade 87 for the World Title possibly as US Champion so he could have been a double champion as I heard before his Car Accident he was due to regain the US Title. Im sure he would probably hold the title for a good while before dropping it back to Flair as I reckon Sting & Luger would still get their pushes but Magnum possibly retiring sometime in 93. I don't see him jumping ship at all.