Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 2k...

Cap

So I usually wait 3 years or so before getting the next game in the series because the gameplay upgrades are never really worth it. I eventually do it for the roster and because they eventually shut down the online stores. However, I got 2k17 and I am really not impressed with the online created wrestlers for download selection. It has been abysmal. I usually stack my rosters with all my favorites, but the options are really limited and what they do have is often a letdown.

I play very casually so it wasn't a huge deal to me, but I am wondering if this was an anomaly or a trend I hadn't noticed because I buy so infrequently. Anyone else notice this? Is it something the WWE has been doing or is it just this particular version. Should I just go back to my old 2k14 game and stick with that?

Are you playing on XBox One or PS4? If you're on last gen you won't find anything. I've had the game on both current systems and found the CAWS to be better than ever. The search function is busted as hell though. Check out the forum on caws.ws for some good creations.

Last year's was great but like jcmmnx said the search function for CAWs was so busted it was too frustrating to play on any kind of regular basis. Which was really too bad since there were tons of great ring and belt creations to go along with the wrestlers.

I guess it is probably more a problem with my old man gaming system. I am playing on a PS3. I have been considering an upgrade (I just don't play that many games), so maybe I will get around to it later this year.

Thanks!

I purchased 2K17 and played it for a day and gave up on it. Every single thing, even a punch, kick or slam seemed so contrived that I got frustrated.

I miss the older WWE games from about 5-6 years ago when things were much simpler, like simply pressing L1 to executed a finisher.

2K18 is only going to be on PS4 and XB1.

I usually get the games a year later as the price plummets once the newer version is out. The servers stay open for 19 months so you can still get the 100 CAW's. I'm not that inspired to get 2K17 as there's no story mode and MyCareer is probably still a tedious grindfest.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't purchased anything in the 2K series. Nothing looks promising. The developer has taken the Kevin Dunn approach to making WWE games and I am not buying. Honestly, I would like to see WWE's main franchise game scale down and get back to basics. The wrestlers in TNA's Impact game looked great and I would like to see something more like that. Having 200 wrestlers is all great and all, but the majority of those do not get played and look like shit. Keeping it to big names, having an AKI/Fire Pro moveset type of engine, and Unreal engine graphics--WWE should be fine. I don't think anyone is really going to miss not being able to set the prices of the hot dogs at the arena or the interaction of the 3rd man with his team in the commentary both. Back to basics. Just big names, no jobbers, no entrances, etc. It seems like such a simple thing to fix. All the commercials for the game are usually pretty lame as well.

I'll probably skip 18 all the same and update to a ps4 in the next year. I mostly just use my ps for streaming services anyway.

PS4's (especially the non-Pro version if you don't have a 4K tv) are really getting affordable - $250 bundles, etc. If you target it around the holidays you'll get a nice deal as the system will have been out for four years. This is a good time to jump in!

2K18 is only going to be on PS4 and XB1.

I usually get the games a year later as the price plummets once the newer version is out. The servers stay open for 19 months so you can still get the 100 CAW's. I'm not that inspired to get 2K17 as there's no story mode and MyCareer is probably still a tedious grindfest.

Every year I get the game on a Black Friday sale for $30, about a month after it releases for $60. The season passes have gone on sale more recently, in the past they never did (for PS3) so i'd use those savings to make sure i had all the content with the game.

Truthfully the 2k15,16,17 versions for this generation haven't gotten a lot of run by me. I really liked 2k14 on PS3 with the Mania challenges and the Attitude Era one from the year prior. They got rid of that stuff with this gen.

so, this is coming out on the Nintendo Switch, which means I could actually get it... but will I?

Did the fix the Universe mode yet? Last time I played (like 2k15?) they would just book the same match on every show for a storyline.