Pro Wrestling Only

[2012-07-01-AJPW/NJPW-Summer Night Fever in Ryoguku] CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura) vs Team Destruction (Shuji Kondo & Suwama)

bradhindsight

While this falls outside the "Learning to Love Okada" look-back at his singles work, I casually watched this exhibition and made a couple mental notes. Firstly, it was predictably worked very light, but it was still an interesting card on paper. Next, this was not a resume-padder for Nakamura. He was out to lunch, really bad kicks, not good at all. Okada worked in peril and was fine here for what this was - good bump by [insert AJPW wrestler name here] on the Rainmaker to finish also.

I liked this match a good deal as an inter promotional attraction where you knew 100% who was taking the fall as they went into the ring. Okada and Suwama had some good chemistry together and could have set up a money match in the future. Kondo also fed into his opponents well. I didn't think Nak was quite as bad as Brad but he sure wasn't memorable or spectacular. Overall, a good fan service tag match. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2012-07-01-AJPW/NJPW-Summer Night Fever in Ryoguku] CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura) vs Team Destruction (Shuji Kondo & Suwama)