Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/26-7/3

sek69

Well Big Cass can definitely talk. Definitely not on the level of Enzo but good enough to be a strong heel. As long as he has someone like Enzo who will bump and sell like a maniac he will be fine. it is after this feud that the real test will be

Unless Brock Lesnar has an amazing ability to turn different colors that choke from Samoa Joe was tight and deep on him.

Women main eventing Raw and will most certainly main event tomorrow. Pretty damn cool

Well unless Emma or Sasha is going more than 10 minutes with Nia Jax, don't count on it

By the way the idea of Bayley losing in the 1st match is just wow. Or Emma get about as much time as Dana Brooke

All the big segments on Raw last night were pretty damn good.

Roman took a great bump onto the side of that ambulance. Him vs Braun is then eud of the year by a mile and I'm so excited to see them go at it again. GBOF could be an incredible show,

Did Joe made a turn for this Brock feud or is he still a heel? Haven't checked RAW since Braun got injured and missed this whole build with Lesnar.

He's still a heel. So is Lesnar technically, but he's always more of a tweener tbh and usually just plays the default face.

So that was kind of fucking great. Everyone looked good, lots of time, lots of cool spots, lots of hurty hurty, and a great drama filled finish.

In some way I wish the men could get away with having a ladder match like that, where they stay mostly grounded, only climbing when they REALLY need to, and basing it around brawling and the perceived threat of falling or danger or death via ladder rather than actual falling and danger and death via ladder over and over again. I'm sure the boys would appreciate it.

I am happy to admit that I was pissed as hell after the PPV but in the end they have actually nailed it. They have absolutely made Carmella with this, she has gone from getting literally zero reaction two weeks ago to being a HATED heel now. And the way they did it, she got the tainted win first to get her some heel heat and have her cut these righteous promos (promos which transferred some of the heat from Ellsworth to her), and this time she did climb up and grab the case so now she has won legitimately, allowing her to rub it in Bryan's, the girls' and everyone's faces that she was right and now she's won it twice. BUT there was enough bullshit involved in the finish that she's still a giant douche and Becky still has a perfectly valid gripe about being screwed. So going forward Becky can have grudge matches with both of them, while Carmella cashing in casts a shadow over whatever Naomi is doing, the Welcoming Committee continue to pick up key wins, Charlotte could snap and turn at any minute it seems, and etc. So much shit was accomplished here. I should never have doubted you Smackdown.

I was coming in to say the Lavar Ball entrance and then everything he did/said was the greatest thing ever.

But now I gotta watch that ladder match. I've only see one Carmella match; the Backlash 2016 6 way with Becky, Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss, Natalya & Naomi. So I don't really have any thoughts about her flushed out, but I did enjoy her heel character work and thought she had potential. So I'm glad to see Stacey had positive things to say about her and the match.

I must also say that in the past 2 weeks, Carmella has never been better on the mic. I now really feel the "Princess of Staten Island" gimmick, starting all the way last week with her promo and then her crying on Talking Smack and everything all the way down to tonight. Like Jimmy Redman, I must admit that this shitty finish at MITB still served its purpose and now Carmella has gone from coming out to crickets to legit solid heel heat. The crowd ate that Becky flipping the ladder on Ellsworth up tonight and that finish is perfect.

However, I'm not sure that The Welcoming Committee is still in effect. Given how much Carmella pissed the entire women's locker room at MITB, she now has a big target on her back. Should be very interesting until she cashes in.

For a company that has such a fetish for second (or third) generation wrestlers, it's odd they never seem to count Carmella. I know it's probably because her dad was a jobber, but it seems like something they would have at least mentioned in passing when she got grouped with the Welcoming Committee.

That kind of looked like the end of the Lana experiment.

Damn. Now she really does work like Iron Mike Sharpe. That was stupid. Both nights were.

The whole "let's redo the MITB on TV just after the PPV" was soooo WCW damage control bullshit. Samey match, only seemed longer. Only to confirm the result of the worst female worker on the roster getting the win. Whoopie doo.

Well, thankfully we still have Asuka kicking ass on NXT (yeah, I did watch that match) and Banks vs Bliss at GBOF. So, all is not a waste.

Is Carmella the worst female worker on the main roster? I think I prefer her over Tamina.

And Natalya.

Natalya? Isn't she sort of awesome? That might just be my Total Divas bias talking, though, as she's easily the most fun person on the show.

Is Carmella the worst female worker on the main roster? I think I prefer her over Tamina.

And Natalya.

Natalya? Isn't she sort of awesome? That might just be my Total Divas bias talking, though, as she's easily the most fun person on the show.

She's awful. Her finisher is a Sharpshooter. But her Sharpshooter is Rock levels bad. She's just really not good.

And Natalya.

No, she's terrible. People created this narrative that she was the best woman on the roster back when she was the only 2nd generation wrestler and everyone else was a "Diva" but even in the Kelly Kelly days I don't think she was anywhere close to the best and right now if she's not the worst she's bottom 3.