Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-06-05-WCW-Nitro] G.I. Bro vs Billy Kidman

soup23

Gi Bro calls out Kidman. He comes in and they battle. The middle has some testiness between Major Guns and Torrie Wilson and Wilson low blows Kidman so I guess that is done with. Referee just lets all of this go because why the hell not. Bro hits the Book End for the pin after around a 90 second match. I have slowed down on my 2000 watching and coming back to this shit has not exactly motivated me to plow through the rest of 2000 WCW. ¼*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Booker is now going by the name ‘G.I. Bro’. The Book is not happy with the way Kidman has been treating women recently, so tells him to “get his scrawny little ass out here!” Kidman has got the Filthy Animals with him and Tygress is now part of that group too. An eye rake stops Booker in his tracks and a nice bulldog off the turnbuckles from Kidman. Book reverses the Irish whip, boot to the mid-section followed by an axe kick. He sits him in the corner on the middle turnbuckle and calls in Major Gunns for her ‘kick to the balls’ spot. Christ, she’s milking this! Torrie Wilson is out, Kidman frees himself from the corner but Torrie then low blows him. ‘Book End’ and this one is over already. Disco nails Booker with a chair after the match and the Filthy Animals and the M.I.A. go at it. Kidman cleans house with the chair as the Animals leave them all laid out.

Booker just doesn’t work with the M.I.A. and this feels like a backwards step for him. Interestingly he ditches the fatigues when he starts wrestling, so no camouflage pants like the rest of the group wear. A nothing match which was a waste of the two participants and goes less than five minutes total (including the entrances and Booker’s promo). Major Gunns gets worse every time I see her, and this looked to be about definitively breaking up the Kidman and Torrie pairing,

• GSR changed the title to [2000-06-05-WCW-Nitro] G.I. Bro vs Billy Kidman