• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

I realize that Japan is on a different planet when it comes to this sort of thing, but Muta in HUSTLE impregnating Yinling by blowing mist into her crotch seems worthy of a mention.

#22 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

I realize that Japan is on a different planet when it comes to this sort of thing, but Muta in HUSTLE impregnating Yinling by blowing mist into her crotch seems worthy of a mention.

That was pretty much alien comedy, with maybe a wee-bit of hentai. 

#23 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

On the other hand, a Flair promo from February of 87 :

"We're gonna take Precious, and we're gonna have her ride Space Mountains whether she wants it or not." 

Wait. Did Flair just said the Horsemen were gonna have him rape Precious there ? Holy shit.

#24 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11089 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

The Flair-Garvin feud was super creepy in retrospect since it was basically Flair saying he was going to have sex with Garvin's wife whether she wanted to or not (and she was clearly positioned as not wanting to).  Plus every time she rejected his advances and/or slapped him he seemed turned on like it was a live action version of Pepe Le Pew chasing the cat. 

#25 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

*cringe* Since I already consider Jimmy Garvin as one of the worst wrestler I've seen, I really don't look forward to get through this (watching a Horsemen comp)...

#26 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11089 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

The ironic part is that it's probably Jimmy's best work in JCP/WCW since he was the fired up babyface defending his wife. 

#27 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

Exhibit #3

DX and Steph

I am not sure on the exact date but between unforgiven 1999 and survivor series. There is a raw where DX abduct Stephanie and it is implied heavily that they rape her.

Road dog is seen licking his lips and drooling as they drag her away.

After this the commentators wonder about what happened next with king wondering aloud.

The next smackdown it comes out that oh it was fine that they raped this girl as it was not intact Steph and instead some "ditzy drama student" so it is fine that they raped this girl as it was not Steph.

DX say that they did it to get to Vince and no mind was paid to the fact that they admitted to raping a girl as it was not anyone important so it is fine. There are no repocusions and they just move on next week

I want to bathe in bleach after writing that.

On top of literally having her drugged and had a drive thru wedding with her and Triple H, followed by intimating that Triple H had his way with her, while she was in an unconscious state, afterwards.

How THAT "marriage" stayed legal through the summer of 2002 defies even the most convoluted and sudsy television logic!

#28 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Let's not forget HHH and Steph as an on screen couple started with her being drugged and married at a drive thru Vegas chapel.

Isn't that the start of all loving relationships? I can't recall 100%, but wasn't it implied as part of the heel turn that she was in on the whole thing and so that part was staged though? Could just be making that up, as my brain is hurting thinking about it!

LOL!  Okay, if that's how they want to get "out" of the first marriage of the on-screen characters being a sham, than why the hell not!

I do like the idea that after being divorced in 2002, they got married off screen at some point before the Vince vs. Shawn and then DX feud.

#29 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9530 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

That was my rationalization as well--the drugging was fake and part of the longer-term cover-up.

#30 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Actually that further complicates things, because:

A. The audience wasn't in on it -- we're talking about a storyline explanation years after the fact, which leaves the entire initial viewing audience believing they saw a drugging and were told about a rape

B. This opens up the possibility for Steph to be complicit in her own drugging/assalt/kidnapping after the fact to go along with it all

C. How is this wrestling?

#31 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9530 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

More like a month later when Stephanie turned. That's when I rationalized it at the time. I didn't think she was actually drugged.

And it's sports entertainment, baby.

#32 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Actually that further complicates things, because:

A. The audience wasn't in on it -- we're talking about a storyline explanation years after the fact, which leaves the entire initial viewing audience believing they saw a drugging and were told about a rape

B. This opens up the possibility for Steph to be complicit in her own drugging/assalt/kidnapping after the fact to go along with it all

C. How is this wrestling?

Stephanie, the character, as a manipulative attention whore gets played out in faking a pregancy in order to waste everyones time with a vow renewal ceremony.

So faking being drugged for the benefit of playing a long game to her heel turn seems pretty par the course.

#33 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Listening to Prichard's podcast on Unforgiven 1999 reminded me of :

Chaz, a regular guy from new Jersey. Who beats up his girlfriend Marianne. But not really. Because ya know, those bitches always accuse their men just to fuck wit'em. Damn those bitches.

Yeah. Vince Russo in all his mysoginistic, rape-culture inducing glory.

#34 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

The storyline explanation came two weeks after the fact, not years. On the December 13th 1999 Raw Stephanie does her promo explaining her actions and reveals the whole "Triple H abduction" wasn't real, it was all part of a long plan for revenge on Vince for orchestrating her kidnapping in April by the Undertaker in a 'false flag' to get at Austin.

By 1999 WWF standards it was pretty logical bit of continuity.

#35 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2820 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

I wonder what Vince makes of this whole Weinstein business. I remember a news item saying WWE was in talks them about maybe partnering up on DVD distributorship. In my head Vince and Harvey were probably rivals when they each were promoting rock concerts in the northeast during the late 70's.

#36 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11089 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

He's probably happy for the first time ever he's in the rasslin business since no one will care he's done most if not all the shit Harvey's said to have done. 

#37 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2409 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

In my head Vince and Harvey were probably rivals when they each were promoting rock concerts in the northeast during the late 70's.

Harvey: Hey, Vince, I'm in the music business now!

Vince: Congratulations, Harvey, I'm in the auditory-entertainment business!

#38 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11089 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Probably relevant too this thread that the guy who was the face of WhatCulture's wrestling shows admitted he was sliding into women's DM's/asking for nudes/being generally creepy all while lying about being in an open relationship.

#39 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Probably relevant too this thread that the guy who was the face of WhatCulture's wrestling shows admitted he was sliding into women's DM's/asking for nudes/being generally creepy all while lying about being in an open relationship.

He was fired today from the new Cultaholics website.

#40 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

The Flair-Garvin feud was super creepy in retrospect since it was basically Flair saying he was going to have sex with Garvin's wife whether she wanted to or not (and she was clearly positioned as not wanting to).  Plus every time she rejected his advances and/or slapped him he seemed turned on like it was a live action version of Pepe Le Pew chasing the cat. 

Not feeling this feud at all. Garvin actually drags Flair down in his idiotic slapfests matches, and the other Garvin really still shows nothing good to me, he's definitely useless.

But damn, those interviews get creepier and creepier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users