• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9178 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Well, Trump did say he liked to grab female by the crotch, so, ya know... After all, it's a thread about Rape Culture, not just rape. #balancetonporc, as we say over here.

#62 fxnj

fxnj
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

It should be noted that Enzo probably didn't rape the girl. She was apparently bragging to her friend about having slept with a wrestler the night it happened. I'd guess she just regretted it later when she went to the police, which seems a pretty common thing these days. Dude's a dick backstage and he handled the situation poorly in not telling WWE about it, but he's not a rapist.

#63 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6292 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

I'd guess she just regretted it later when she went to the police, which seems a pretty common thing these days.

Get bent.

#64 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8024 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

It should be noted that Enzo probably didn't rape the girl. She was apparently bragging to her friend about having slept with a wrestler the night it happened. I'd guess she just regretted it later when she went to the police, which seems a pretty common thing these days. Dude's a dick backstage and he handled the situation poorly in not telling WWE about it, but he's not a rapist.

Like Bix said, fuck you. If you really think that, you should really study the issue, because this is flat out wrong.

#65 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4961 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

That's really not what this sounds like. She sounds like a compulsive liar to the point you shouldn't believe anything she says. Her credibility is bad enough that it will keep him out of prison. I think he most likely is innocent. But he is a dumb fuck and if he didn't do this, I hope he uses this as a wake up call to stop being a dumb fuck.

#66 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2691 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

https://www.thedaily...cutors-shrugged

#67 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9178 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:37 AM

The same kind of shit happening today would have a whole different kind of echo chamber I would hope... 

#68 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2846 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

It should also be noted that the backstage segment where Mickie James came on to Trish Stratus' date and then accused him of assaulting her when he rebuffed her was inspired by that incident.

This is why XFL the Reborn has a good chance of biting Vince in the ass. It makes him someone the mainstream media has to cover seriously rather than ignore as the fake pro wrestling guy. With all the skeletons in his closet, you have to think it's only a matter of time before some of them come to light.

#69 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10726 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

I feel like there could be a whole expose done just on the creepy shit that has happened with people associated with wrestling and tanning booths.

#70 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4961 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Was it the female ref that he allegedly accosted in a limo?

#71 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

Yes

#72 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

No, the tanning booth incident and Rita Chatterton are two separate incidents. The Batista-Melina on-air relationship was Vince copying his relationship with the referee (Chatterton).

#73 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4961 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Oh, I know. The limo thing is just the first thing that usually pops in my head when Vince and sexual misconduct is mentioned.

#74 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6292 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

https://deadspin.com...-for-1822642014

So I had already been reporting out the Vince/tanning salon/police report thing for a while, which included me speaking to the main witness. Lots of new details here.

#75 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10726 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Mookie did a breakdown on what "exceptionally cleared" means on the Wrestlenomics podcast and the only two options are that the State Attorney found conflicting testimony or that they flat out didn't want to proceed on the case. Considering the police report made it clear the cops felt the case was solid enough seems to imply the latter. 

#76 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6292 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

When Jerry Lawler made his weird comments about #MeToo in December I requested the file from his rape case. Among other things, it has a letter he wrote to the prosecutors saying the girls couldn't be trusted because both "committed lesbian acts in front of witnesses" and one "was caught having sex with a black man." More here: https://deadspin.com...tors-1822790447

Also it looks like a lot of the more popular narratives around the case are largely bullshit.

#77 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9178 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

Wow. Lawler comes off awful in this. The whole "blame on the girls who were "sluts" (and because of having sex with a black man and/or be bisexual ? wow) is so typical... 

BTW, I was just watching the post-match of Elimination Chambers 4, with Edge cashing in on Cena and pinning him for the world title. Lawler, who at that point had been a babyface announcer for years, had this to say about Lita "Behind every great man there's a.... slut." 

#78 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10726 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

I thought the narrative was always that Lawler got away with creepy/pedo behavior because no one wanted to go after the local hero? There's really not much there that challenges that, rather it only makes the last 25 years of "Uncle Jerry" jokes from JR even more uncomfortable.

I mean, I know Lawler's version was that it was just some sluts that wanted attention by claiming they slept with a famous wrestler, but it seemed like the consensus from people in and around the biz was he was a creep who got away with creep shit.

#79 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1574 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

Does he know that Jerry Lawler is a baby banger?! A BABY BANGER! A BABY BANGER! - Terry Funk

#80 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6292 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

I thought the narrative was always that Lawler got away with creepy/pedo behavior because no one wanted to go after the local hero? There's really not much there that challenges that, rather it only makes the last 25 years of "Uncle Jerry" jokes from JR even more uncomfortable.

I mean, I know Lawler's version was that it was just some sluts that wanted attention by claiming they slept with a famous wrestler, but it seemed like the consensus from people in and around the biz was he was a creep who got away with creep shit.

No, the story has always been that one of the girls bragged to friends about sleeping with Lawler, a sketchy adult male in her life heard and went to the police, and the girls quickly recanted. It turns out that none of that is true and all of it can be sourced back to media statements made by Lawler or his lawyers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users