Photo

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION... A Podcast series discussing the nominations for the GWWE project

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2727 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

3/4 Titans reunion on the latest For Your Consideration, baby!

http://placetobenati...-of-the-titans/

#42 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

NOW people want to say nice things about Trish Stratus.  I'd be willing to do a whole podcast laying out my case she's the WWF female GOAT if anyone is willing to listen.  Or check out my microscope thread if you want to see how much research I've done.

But that aside, I was thinking about avoiding this thinking it another GWE poll like the last one.  But if you are going to approach this with such an open mind and produce some amazing podcasts, I guess it's time to start giving this series a listen.  Feedback to come soon.

#43 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2727 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

I understand being skeptical, I was myself when this project was announced considring the less satisfying aspects of the GWE. But the analysis on these pods, including the pod blasts, has been top notch. Really, a good archive of opinion that you won't find elsewhere

#44 Shrike02

Shrike02
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Life, the universe, and everything.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

3/4 Titans reunion on the latest For Your Consideration, baby!

http://placetobenati...-of-the-titans/

Just gave this a listen. Great stuff.

#45 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

I've really been enjoying these podcasts (and the podblasts and other discussions) precisely because they have been so open minded and people are really stepping up to go to bat for people more outside the box than conventional wisdom would say. With these things there is always a risk that it it's a list of just the most famous or people that won world titles, but it's really great to see so many varied opinions being shared and interesting discussion points raised that's opening my eyes to names you might not think about considering. In particular loved the women's wrestling episode where there was great chemistry between Will. Stacey and Glenn, and I'm definitely another fully on the get Trish Stratus into the top 100 wagon! 

#46 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the nice feedback guys. I had a blast doing the women's show, and I agree that it's been great getting content on a lot of candidates besides the obvious, whether it's women, random midcarders, tag teams, pre-Hogan guys...even Tim going to bat for Pete Dunne or something. We're going to end up with almost all of the candidates delved into in some way or other I imagine, which is fantastic.

PWOers who didn't want to dive back into another GWE should definitely consider getting involved. It is way more relaxed and I think with WWE being what it is, there is more focus on characters and things that are, shall we say, a bit "lighter" than what we often get into here. And all it takes is joining the Facebook group and adding to the discussion on whichever candidates you choose (and listening to the audio of course).

brainfollower the Trish pod is coming!

#47 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

This is all so awesome to hear and was the goal of this project, a fun, laid back long term project to facilitate discussion and content. It has far exceeded my expectations and I am enjoying every aspect of it. 

#48 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

I'm just now catching up on a bunch of these, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this series.

I really expected to hate the "Worst of the Worst" episode, because I find it annoying when people bitch & moan too much about the wrestling that they habitually and obsessively decide to watch anyway. But the show was a fucking blast. Tremendous, good fun all the way through.

The chemistry between Will and Johnny is still top shelf shit. Sorrow shutting down Will's rant about Muraco had me in stitches. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. And the only thing more boring than a Don Muraco match is your diatribe about how much you hate Don Muraco. So there." Left me legitimately cracking up.

Dylan stole the show though. The line about how Crush should have called his heart punch the Hawaiian Punch was great. Plus the point about Bray Wyatt feeling like such wasted potential was right on point. Calling him "more Kane and less Undertaker" than what people initially thought had me nodding in total agreement, for sure.

But best of all was after Steve piling on the criticisms for Shane McMahon coming in once or twice a year to wrestle a marquee match, only for Dylan to chime in at the end with the, "I'm sorry. My audio went out for a second, but I agree wholeheartedly with everything Steve just said about Brock Lesnar." Fucking fantastic.

The ECW show was a lot of fun, too. Kind of curious to see if Will comes away with a slightly elevated appreciation for Stevie Richards after watching some of his later C-show stuff.

#49 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1171 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Shane McMahon worked about one month of house shows (17 shows) in late 2003 facing Kane in street fights and cage matches. That is the full extent of his "on the road" work with WWE.

#50 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

Ah, ok.

#51 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Not to hijack, but for those interested after the Trish talk in this thread, brainfollower and I did a show on Trish which is up on the PTBN feed.

https://www.podbean....pb-qupzs-73f913

#52 SteveDubRN

SteveDubRN
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Hey, guys. I completely forgot that I'm a member of this fine message board. Thanks to all for listening and giving feedback. Will has done a fantastic job captaining this series and I'm just happy to be along for the ride.  Johnny's memory of the most minute moments in a wrester's career is something to behold, and Dylan is a damn tour de force of wrestling knowledge. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users