Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV July 3 - July 10

The Thread Killer

Hot damn. That Enzo promo wasn't half bad. The "You're a catch-phrase that I wrote" line was gold. Finally Enzo is scoring back after being the victim two weeks in a row. I really wish they hadn't broken up Enzo and Cass so quickly, but I have to admit they have both done pretty damn well in the promo department with this story.

I wonder if that teardrop tattoo and "New Life" tattoo of Enzo's are real, and if so I wonder if he got them because he and Cass broke up, and if so, I wonder if he's mental.

Also, if I never ever saw Noam Dar again as long as I lived, I'd be A-OK with that.

This entire Miz segment and match with Heath has every fashion nightmare possible. And of course Miz rips his pants in the worst place possible

And then Dean pulls out the Dusty Rhodes "errand boy" promo and all is right in the world

Well that might be the end of Crews in this company.

Please tell me that Reigns isn't going to be win against Strowman at the PPV <_>

Hot damn. That Enzo promo wasn't half bad. The "You're a catch-phrase that I wrote" line was gold. Finally Enzo is scoring back after being the victim two weeks in a row. I really wish they hadn't broken up Enzo and Cass so quickly, but I have to admit they have both done pretty damn well in the promo department with this story.

I wonder if that teardrop tattoo and "New Life" tattoo of Enzo's are real, and if so I wonder if he got them because he and Cass broke up, and if so, I wonder if he's mental.

Also, if I never ever saw Noam Dar again as long as I lived, I'd be A-OK with that.

I was wondering the same thing about the teardrop tattoo. I didn't notice anything unusual on Enzo's Instagram right up until I saw that teardrop tonight so I don't know. But with that said, Enzo killed it on the mic tonight and that's exactly what that match needed prior to Sunday. However, I wish that they could've built that up all the way to Summerslam in Brooklyn, where they'd benefit from a much hotter crowd than Dallas, and have the crowd in the palm of their hands.

This is the first time I'm excited about an entire PPV card. Every feud is hitting on all cylinders for the first time in a long time. Hopefully, this is a good sign for the summer leading into SummerSlam.

Totally agree with the exception of Rollins/Wyatt.

I really wish they hadn't broken up Enzo and Cass so quickly, but I have to admit they have both done pretty damn well in the promo department with this story.

Here is my big question pertaining to why WWE broke them up: Why?

I want to believe that they have ideas & directions for them both but I think we all know that isn't true. WWE doesn't exactly do a lot of long-term planning, thinking or booking anymore. So after Enzo/Cass feud with each other, then what? Cass gets fed to the top face and Enzo does nothing? It just seems exceptionally short-sighted to me.

That being said, yeah, that Enzo promo was money. I watched it on YouTube and was like "this dude gets it." I always knew he was a good talker, I was just concerned that he was going to get shoehorned into just being repetitive catchphrases. Maybe that's why WWE pulled the trigger on splitting them up, because they were concerned that they would grow stale way too quickly? A lesson that they never seemingly learned from the New Age Outlaws.

I still believe that Enzo's true calling in the world of professional wrestling is being a Jimmy Hart style swarmy, chickenshit heel manager that can take bumps when needed.

I really wish they hadn't broken up Enzo and Cass so quickly, but I have to admit they have both done pretty damn well in the promo department with this story.

Here is my big question pertaining to why WWE broke them up: Why?

I want to believe that they have ideas & directions for them both but I think we all know that isn't true. WWE doesn't exactly do a lot of long-term planning, thinking or booking anymore. So after Enzo/Cass feud with each other, then what? Cass gets fed to the top face and Enzo does nothing? It just seems exceptionally short-sighted to me.

That being said, yeah, that Enzo promo was money. I watched it on YouTube and was like "this dude gets it." I always knew he was a good talker, I was just concerned that he was going to get shoehorned into just being repetitive catchphrases. Maybe that's why WWE pulled the trigger on splitting them up, because they were concerned that they would grow stale way too quickly? A lesson that they never seemingly learned from the New Age Outlaws.

I still believe that Enzo's true calling in the world of professional wrestling is being a Jimmy Hart style swarmy, chickenshit heel manager that can take bumps when needed.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why break them up? I have to admit, I really liked Enzo and Cass. I know it's not a popular opinion, but for some reason, something about them really entertained me. I don't know why they never got a run with the titles, because based on crowd reactions and merchandise sales, they were red hot for a while there. Even a token run. Hell, Gallows and Anderson got one, and Enzo and Cass were undoubtedly bigger than them.

I think around the time they had the feud with Rusev and Jinder Mahal, it became pretty clear that the creative team was running out of ideas for them, and their popularity started to wane. I was still hopeful that they were going to win the titles at Wrestlemania, but we all know how that worked out. I read somewhere that WWE only wants one popular babyface tag team per show. I didn't think that theory was true, but if you look at Raw having the Hardys and SDL having New Day...maybe it is true. Maybe creative didn't see a place for them. Which I think sucks, because I don't think they ever got their chance to be all that they could have been. We all knew they were going to break up eventually, but I think this was way too soon.

I think it's possible Cass will go on to a moderately successful singles career, since he is a hoss. And it turns out he can cut a decent promo after all.

Enzo is more problematic. I don't think he has much to offer as a singles wrestler. He can bump his ass off, but the only offensive maneuvers he ever had that I thought were impressive involved Cass hurling him at people. By himself, I'm not sure how that's going to work. The way I see it, there are a few options. They either find him another hoss as a partner, which is possible. Or they send him to the Cruiserweight Division, where he wouldn't be so small, which isn't a bad idea, since they could use a good talker/bumper on 205 Live and he would add some star power to that division. They could make him a commentator/manager which would work, I'm sure he'd be passable...he'd be better than Otunga or Percy Watson. But we all know how Vince feels about managers.

Most likely is that he ends up as a scrub, losing on TV to big guys for the foreseeable future, until he gets future endeavored. I hate it when an act is crazy over in NXT, only to come up to the "big roster" where they manage to stay over, but still get flushed for unknown reasons. I can't help but wonder if there are forces on the main roster creative team who are sabotaging NXT guys when they come up.

I know, it sounds like a stupid smark conspiracy theory, but I recently read an interview with Bruce Prichard who had this to say about CM Punk...

"...With Punk in particular—not only was his hype ahead of him, but you also had Paul [Heyman] there shouting from the roof tops saying that this is the guy. Those who didn’t really care for Paul were on the other side almost rooting for Punk to fail. That philosophy always blew my mind because you have a guy you are investing in and here you are wanting him to fail; makes no sense, but there was some of that sentiment.”

(Credit Jeremy Thomas)

I don't think it's unheard of for certain forces in creative to sabotage certain acts for reasons that have nothing to do with their abilities. I can't help but wonder if that is what happened with Enzo and Cass, since they were one of Triple H's pet projects.

Where has this WWE been for the past forever?

That is what drives me nuts about WWE. They either book a card which looks like total shite, or they book a card that has the potential to be awesome (like this one) but then pull some stupid booking crap and ruin it (see: Money in the Bank.) That's the one advantage to the Network model...for $11 a month I can afford to watch, regardless. I sure wouldn't have ordered half the crap they've done over the past year if it was on conventional PPV. And if I had paid money for MITB, you can bet your ass I'd never make that mistake again.

I have the Network, so of course I'll watch the show...besides, I want to see Joe/Lesnar despite having no faith it is going to go well. But it's so frustrating to be a fan of this organization because all the pieces are there, they just don't put them together on a consistent basis. It's not like TNA where it's safe to assume it's going to suck, and then it does suck. WWE teases you by doing stuff that looks awesome and has potential, and then about 3/4 of the time they pull the rug out from under you.

Also worrisome is the fact that the arena is apparently nowhere close to being sold out.

I guess it depends if you believe the stories that Hunter is getting pissed at how NXT talent is getting used on the main roster, but it really wouldn't surprise me to find out the Kevin Dunn types are trying to sour Vince on them since it seems pretty obvious Hunter's going to install his guys when he takes over.

Cena had been talking for about 30 seconds and I was ready for him to go make another movie or get married again, or something. Anything. Ugh. That guy's act is so stale he can be gone for months and still be boring as shit when he gets back. I'm not saying he can't bring it in the ring, but hot damn is that guy boring on the microphone. A "USA is great" promo followed by a "Bulge Area" joke? Really? I know it's July 4th...but come on. The guy was gone for months and the best thing they can come up with for him upon his return is USA vs. the foreigner who thinks Americans are fat and lazy?

yeah Bryan was 2013/2014 levels of over last night. Gave the show an electric feel. Rap battle was great. Only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Orton/Jinder stuff. Paint by the numbers so far. Mahal's promos are repetitive. But that's true of almost all heels in WWE after a while

I don't follow the dirtsheets or any rumorz sites, so is there any indication or even speculation as to what's going on with Lana? The rapid-fire losses and the hint of something with Tamina seems so strange & out of left field. Are they repackaging her yet again? Linking her back up with Rusev? Just struck me as really strange to highlight her return the way they did - for whatever these past few weeks have been.

Xavier was the only one on the New Day who brought it, the Usos completely owned them.

Also it seems the "R rated like your boy" line got cut from the version up on WWE's YouTube page. Do they really think the Paige deal is that well known?