Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV July 3 - July 10

The Thread Killer

I don't follow the dirtsheets or any rumorz sites, so is there any indication or even speculation as to what's going on with Lana? The rapid-fire losses and the hint of something with Tamina seems so strange & out of left field. Are they repackaging her yet again? Linking her back up with Rusev? Just struck me as really strange to highlight her return the way they did - for whatever these past few weeks have been.

They're beating her quick which usually means a phase out, but obviously they're going somewhere with it. Other times quick matches are a sign of them not liking someone's in ring ability, but Lana didn't seem to be that bad for someone of her experience level. It's not like she was sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the women.

Apparently it involves Kurt Angle spending all his time either talking on, or staring at his phone and in the process not being even one little bit funny or entertaining. Because, that's not what he was famous for during the Attitude Era, so why would anybody want to see that?

I don't know if it's true, but this is reportedly leading to the return of Triple H and a match with him. So we've got that to look forward to.

That's what I've been on about regarding Owens for ages now. Name the last decent match he was in that was attributable to his performance. I've not seen the match with Styles yet, but I'm willing to bet it involved an extended sequence where Owens had Styles in a headlock or rear chinlock, during which Owens needed to lie down on the mat to catch his breath.

Sadly, I'm guessing the only reason they did this title switch is so they can put it back on Owens at the next Smackdown PPV. (I know they're supposed to fight on that show, I just can't remember the name and can't be bothered to look it up.)

That's what I've been on about regarding Owens for ages now. Name the last decent match he was in that was attributable to his performance. I've not seen the match with Styles yet, but I'm willing to bet it involved an extended sequence where Owens had Styles in a headlock or rear chinlock, during which Owens needed to lie down on the mat to catch his breath.

You would be correct.

There were rumors that Owens is injured, but then he worked the show the day following the MSG show, and by all reports he seemed to be fine. Now they've pulled the match from Battleground (for the time being at least) so we'll have to see what happens. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they'll put Styles in a rivalry with somebody else.