Pro Wrestling Only

Have you ever cried watching wrestling?

joeg

I am not 100% sure if I actively cried, but I have been choked up quite a few times. Flair's retirement, Kobashi's return, Dragon's retirement, Dragon's ROH farewell speech, Eddie's tribute, Savage/Liz reuniting... those are the ones that come to mind.

-WM20 finale

-Foley's retirement (as Cactus)

-Jarrett's speech on Raw is Owen

-Finding out Piper died (my first favorite, glad I met him)

-The video of Bryan crying before his official retirement announcement, slumped in a corner backstage and crying "I don't want to do this"

I cried earlier this year during the Piper's Pit when I watched that great Road to WM3 - Hogan vs. Andre comp.

The story of a meteoric friendship coming to an end, plus falling in love with Andre as a worker over the past decade, made it all so emotional. Andre clearly deserved a title shot and Hogan knew it would be the end of their bromance. Andre reacted violently and abusively and now Hogan has to step up and show who is the alpha dog. My tears were for Andre because I really believe he deserved to be Champion and it broke me to see him have to do what he had to do.

I never cried . I been upset or sad but never cried .The closest I came to to crying is when Jackie Fargo passed away . Often imitated never duplicated .

I was upset almost to the point of crying when I turned on the USA Network to watch Southwest Championship Wrestling and that god awful WWF All - America Wrestling had taken their time slot away . The only other time I almost cried was when I turn on TBS to watch Wahoo and Wildfire and McMahon and Tony Garea were on my TV screen.. I last about 5 minutes and turned McMahon show off. . That was a nightmare that almost made me cry.

I never cried . I been upset or sad but never cried .The closest I came to to crying is when Jackie Fargo passed away . Often imitated never duplicated .

I was upset almost to the point of crying when I turned on the USA Network to watch Southwest Championship Wrestling and that god awful WWF All - America Wrestling had taken their time slot away . The only other time I almost cried was when I turn on TBS to watch Wahoo and Wildfire and McMahon and Tony Garea were on my TV screen.. I last about 5 minutes and turned McMahon show off. . That was a nightmare that almost made me cry.

I've always wanted to talk to somebody who witnessed Black Saturday first hand. Could WWF taking over that time slot been successful had they put on a better show do you think? I've seen the first show. The opening tag match with Murdoch was very good and everything else is very, very bad. If they had featured some of their nationally recognized names like Piper, Andre, Hogan, Greg Valentine, Snuka, etc on their first show instead of guys who were at the end of their career and or guys who had spent their entire careers wrestling in WWF and AWA, could it have been successful?

Tony Garea fucking ruled. I realize he's an immigrant and that bothers you, but go take a walk in traffic.

I was upset because Georgia wrestling was off the air . Tony Garea was just was there . Don't make assumptions about what bothers me , you don't know.me. Also please don't insult me. My comments were tongue in cheek . I don't know what you deal is., but there is no reason not to be to friendly on this board.

I've always wanted to talk to somebody who witnessed Black Saturday first hand. Could WWF taking over that time slot been successful had they put on a better show do you think? I've seen the first show. The opening tag match with Murdoch was very good and everything else is very, very bad. If they had featured some of their nationally recognized names like Piper, Andre, Hogan, Greg Valentine, Snuka, etc on their first show instead of guys who were at the end of their career and or guys who had spent their entire careers wrestling in WWF and AWA, could it have been successful?

At that point in time people in the South would have rejected the WWF no matter what. The fans had a developed an emotional connection with the local product.that that WWF could not walk in and immediately break that bond. It took the fan base turning over for the WWF to gain a foothold in the South . That why the WWF focus on the Midwest in the 80's . It was an easier sell to first convert the AWA fans.

Also the WWF style was totally alien to Southern fans.The WWF was always so character driven , while the South was fueled by personal grudges that produced wild blood feuds.. Two different cultures.

No tears, but definitely got a little dusty here today watching the finishing stretch of Io Shirai vs. Mayu Iwatani from Korakuen last month. Fair or not this happens more often watching women's wrestling. Perhaps because they're more openly & visibly emotional at times? Sue me, I'm a sucker for it.

As a kid, the one time I sobbed & wept uncontrollably was for the buildup of Hogan vs Sid at Wrestlemania VIII when it was becoming apparent that Hogan was leaving and not coming back. Took me days to recover and my brothers brought that up to me a lot as a kid.

In recent years, I'd have to go with the Horsemen Reunion in Greenville on Nitro in September 1998. Just that pop that Flair gets when he's introduced by Arn Anderson makes me well up instantly.

Don't make assumptions about what bothers me , you don't know.me. Also please don't insult me. My comments were tongue in cheek . I don't know what you deal is., but there is no reason not to be to friendly on this board.

You'll have to forgive him, that's just his gimmick.

And by gimmick, I mean he's a colossal asshole.

Jeff Jarrett talking about his wife at Slammiversary 2007 was pretty rough to watch. It's crazy she was first diagnosed with cancer in 1996, then it came back in 2004. Can't imagine what Jarrett went through during all those years while trying to get TNA off the ground. Put things in perspective too.

Jake's HoF speech tore me the fuck up.

That Dusty promo he gives to Dustin about partnerin' up at the Clash ("The view never changes, baby") gets me every time. My Dad and I's relationship ain't been the greatest, so any kind of father/son stuff like that cuts right through for me.

Thanks for this. I just watched both, and they got me but good. (especially the bit where Jake says he didn't believe the fans would donate for his surgery since he didn't think there was anyone who gave a damn about him)