Pro Wrestling Only

Best wrestler to never have a big money run

joeg

So who would you guys say is the best wrestler to never have that big career defining run? Every wrestler who did well in the PWO GWE had at least 1 run where they drew huge crowds, won titles, made themselves synomous with a promotion, territory, or region. Who are some guys who we consider all time greats but never really drew money or had that big title run one would associate with being an all time great.

So who would you guys say is the best wrestler to never have that big career defining run? Every wrestler who did well in the PWO GWE had at least 1 run where they drew huge crowds, won titles, made themselves synomous with a promotion, territory, or region. Who are some guys who we consider all time greats but never really drew money or had that big title run one would associate with being an all time great.

Regal finished 21 in GWE and I'm not sure he fits what you are describing above

Dick Togo came to mind as someone who might fit

He got a big run of singles matches and title matches for his retirement run.

Virus also has certainly been privileged compared most other guys on the CMLL roster, getting more long title matches than almost anyone else on the roster in the last couple of years.

Does Christian count? He was the ace for WWECW for a year and had a cup of coffee with their secondary world title a couple of times, but apart from that he never had a big singles run as a top star.

I couldnt stand Christian during his initial push when he split from Edge and had Tomko but I quickly became a fan when he went to ECW and won the belt. Its a shame he was never given a fair run with a world title because Vince McMahon doesnt see him as a main eventer and he was only given the title because Edge retired and Vince did this as a favour to Edge (according to the Dirtsheets).

Alexander Otsuka, if he counts. Otherwise, probably one of the lower ranked shoot style guys like Yoji Anjoh or Masakatsu Funaki.

Terrible example, Funaki was the ace of Pancrase and a Triple Crown champion at a time All Japan still regularly ran Sumo Hall. He was also all but "lower ranked" in PWFG and was clearly positioned as a future star in UWF.

Does Barry Windham count? He certainly got title shots and main event feuds, but I'm not sure he ever really had a "big money run." Heck, he never won a legitimate World Title (I refuse to count the bastardized WCW NWA/International/Big Gold title from 1993 as a real World Title).