Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-06-10-IWC-Super Indy 16] Adam Cole vs Jonathan Gresham

ShittyLittleBoots

This was brilliant. If you ask me, the 2002-2008 ROH is just about the best thing ever & this felt like a complete throwback to those days. The venue, the atmosphere, just the overall vibe of it was so awesome. Cole came in & wrestled the match without any of his trademark catchphrase gimmicks & I was very much a fan of that. Loved the beginning stuff w/ them battling over the control - Cole holding Gresham onto that wristlock was really great. Gresham's counter to that w/ a very nice looking Uppercut to the arm of Cole was also great & ended up starting the big story for the match - Gresham working the crap out of Cole's arm. His arm work was so, so, SO amazing; he worked that arm in brutal ways & it was truly a joy to watch. Cole sold that well & I loved the idea of him countering that brutal arm work of Gresham's by going after his leg - he did a great job targeting Gresham's leg, but now we get to the one negative about this. The selling of that leg work. Gresham started it well by not being able to run because of the work Cole had done - but then few seconds later he does a Suicide Dive, goes back to the ring w/ Cole & does a SSP. That is something Davey Richards would be very proud of. The super spotty selling by Gresham was the only negative about this, but gladly it wasn't enough to deny this classic. Loved the finish with Gresham botching (at least I think it was a botch?) that SSP, he recovered well from that by selling the leg right away as the reason of him not being able to do the move correctly. Fantastic stuff. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2017-06-10-IWC-Super Indy 16] Adam Cole vs Jonathan Gresham