Photo

Brock Lesnar to return to UFC in November?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1783 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Just did a promo on Raw where Heyman said that Lesnar would "leave WWE" if he loses the title at Summerslam. Brock looked really slimmed down.

I hope they both go. Lesnar matches are lazy suplex wankfests, and Heyman promos are lazy Lesnar wankfests. I can't think of two staler people on the roster. Goodbye and good riddance, if you ask!

#42 supersonic

supersonic
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

#43 zep81

zep81
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

Isn't Lesnar advertised for No Mercy too?

#44 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

I believe Lesnar vs Jones is legit. It gives a good reason for Lesnar to work September PPV but not October in Minnesota or what should really be the all-hands-on-deck for Survivor Series.

Heyman just did a promo and said if Lesnar loses at Summerslam  both of them will quit WWE.

To do a throwaway line like that leads me to believe Brock is going back to UFC.

#45 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2737 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

I think they're just playing on the rumours out there and wouldn't read too much into it.

#46 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

Yea adding that stipulation feels like more of a "let's work everyone into thinking SummerSlam is Brock's last match" thing than a way to actually write him out.

#47 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1173 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

Jon Jones failed a drug test again :lol: :lol:

#48 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

We were just talking about this in the WWE TV thread, and I will cross-post here what I said there...

Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:

He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.

And then...

- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.

- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured. Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens. Not only does his refusal to fight cause an entire PPV to be cancelled, in the aftermath Jones basically comes across in the media as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.

- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.

- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked

- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine. He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.

- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman. He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car. He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.

- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing. Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.

- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise! He tests positive for steroids. He gets suspended again, this time for a year.

- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.

Now he flunks another steroid test.

This guy is a total moron. He needs to be banned from the sport for life. He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter. He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself his prime fighting years by being suspended so often and so long, and cost himself millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.

They say he's looking at a minimum 2 year suspension this time, so I hope Brock didn't have his heart set on that fight.

#49 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

Actually, I just read that the penalty for this would be a four year suspension, which would effectively be the end of his career for all intents and purposes.  I mean, he'd only be 34 by the time the suspension was up, but I can't imagine anybody sitting out for a whole four years and then coming back to be a success.

"Out of all the things I've done bad, the thing I despise most...steroids is something I've never done. And I don't want people chalking up a misunderstanding or a tainted supplement to me being a steroid user. It's one of the most insulting things you can do to a guy who's accomplished the things I've accomplished." - Jon Jones

#50 MoS

MoS
  • Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

Actually, I just read that the penalty for this would be a four year suspension, which would effectively be the end of his career for all intents and purposes.  I mean, he'd only be 34 by the time the suspension was up, but I can't imagine anybody sitting out for a whole four years and then coming back to be a success.

"Out of all the things I've done bad, the thing I despise most...steroids is something I've never done. And I don't want people chalking up a misunderstanding or a tainted supplement to me being a steroid user. It's one of the most insulting things you can do to a guy who's accomplished the things I've accomplished." - Jon Jones

Jones also said once, almost verbatim, that he would be a good champion and face of the company because "You don't have to worry about a DUI or anything silly like that with me."

#51 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Unless this proves to be an absolute false positive, Jones is done. What a joke. I got no time for him anymore. He is an incredible athlete and I am pretty forgiving with athletes, but this is ridiculous. How could anyone trust him to get through a fight at this point without getting flagged and how could anyone trust that a clean test represents a clean fighter after all this? I don't care if its roids or coke, either one will will throw the result of a fight into question. What is the point of watching an athletic contest if you are more or less convinced the result is either going to be officially or unofficially tainted? He is done being relevant until his 30 for 30 eventually gets made.

I honestly hope the WWE doesn't decide to bring him in and give him a big spot at Mania or something.

#52 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8734 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

What is the point of watching an athletic contest if you are more or less convinced the result is either going to be officially or unofficially tainted?

Come on, people in the US used to watch the Tour de France during the Armstrong days, weren't they ? ;)

#53 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

What is the point of watching an athletic contest if you are more or less convinced the result is either going to be officially or unofficially tainted?

Come on, people in the US used to watch the Tour de France during the Armstrong days, weren't they ? ;)

I didn't.... but to be fair that had less to do with roids and more to do with me not caring about it at all.

#54 Log

Log
  • Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Now I really want to see a fighting league with nothing but roided-up, coked-up dudes fighting.

I guess I'll have to settle for 80's WWF for now.

#55 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Now I really want to see a fighting league with nothing but roided-up, coked-up dudes fighting.

I guess I'll have to settle for 80's WWF for now.

Pride FC?

#56 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Yea adding that stipulation feels like more of a "let's work everyone into thinking SummerSlam is Brock's last match" thing than a way to actually write him out.

Not sure if anyone noticed this but was in the news a while ago

Orton seems like a fan of the WWE Creative Humor account on Twitter, as he retweeted one of their Tweets:

@WWECreative_ish

Get the new Brock Lesnar "Eat. Sleep. Threaten to leave for UFC when your contract is up to get more money. Repeat." shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users