Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-02-ECW-Hardcore TV] Steve Corino vs Kid Kash

soup23

This was a fun match too. The Network stuff is toned down compared to the TNN show. Corino is always a strong on top heel worker and Kash is sympathetic to take a beating. Victory is a good second on the outside too getting in cheap shots when he can. Kash literally is losing his pants in the finish run and pops Victory before getting the win with a rollup for a big pop. Again, Corino does a lot of jobs in ECW and they don’t seem to present and or think of him as a big of a star as he could be but the upset was a nice moment to watch. *** (5.9)

• 1 month later...

Going in I thought Corino would win in standard heel fashion, with interference from Jack Victory, so it was a pleasant surprise that Kash got the win with the roll up. I always enjoy Corino, as I feel he's a somewhat underrated worker still, he does little things well, that make sense. An example of this was him doing a Criss-Cross spot to get the opportunity to deliver a great Powerslam. Kash is someone who seems to be able to work a solid match with a variety of opponents, but never manages to blow me away. Nice to see Jack Victory on the outside selling minutes after Kash dove on to him and Corino. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-02-ECW-Hardcore TV] Steve Corino vs Kid Kash
  • 5 months later...

I like how Corino escapes the hammerlock here.  Even though in the end it’s just a back elbow to the side of Kash’s head, he’s constantly moving, feinting as if he’s going to go for an arm, a leg etc. trying to confuse him.  The two trade hard slaps to the chest as what started out as a wrestling match is turning more into a fight.  Kash clotheslines Corino over the top rope to the outside and as Victory tends to him, Kash with a springboard flip dive onto both.  Back inside Corino reverses the Irish whip and Corino with that lovely deep powerslam of his for a two.  Victory is still selling his head from being caught on that flip dive but drills Kash with a right from the floor while Corino distracts the official.  The pattern of Victory interfering continues, even dropping Kash knee first across the guard rail at one point, something that I thought may play a role later in the match but never did.  Northern Lights suplex for another two.  Kash ducks the lariat, runs up the turnbuckles and a reverse high cross body for a two count of his own.  He’s about to hit the ‘Money Maker’ when Victory is in for the save, although receives a superkick for his troubles.  The second attempt is blocked and Corino with a cradle.  They’re back exchanging hard open hand slaps and you can clearly see the effect this has taken on both men.  Corino picks up Kash for a bodyslam but he counters with a small package for the win.