WWE Battleground

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#21 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

TBH Dillinger/English is the best possible match for a pre show. Both are great opening acts and are over with the crowds, but it's pretty much their ceiling.

#22 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

Actually that was pretty good. Positively surprised.

#23 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18951 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

Is there a backstory to Dillinger's stupid hairdo?

#24 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

I think it's fair to say that Randy and jinder will have the best Punjabi prison of the two previous. The two before were hardly **** star classics.

#25 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

I love that WWE still put the warning at the start of their PPVs even though it's slightly out of date due to the WWE network.

#26 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

What's on first?

#27 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

The new day have a very Apollo creed rocky IV feel going on.

#28 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

What's on first?

New day vs the usos.

#29 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5078 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

WOW.  That powerbomb on the floor!  Slow start but business has indeed picked up.

#30 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Why is one of the usos wearing a hoodie ?

#31 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10166 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

I caught most of that tag match. It needed to be about 40% more Tag-Team-Y and 30% less Triple Threat Guy On The Floor-y. 

#32 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

The new day win the belts.

#33 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5078 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

I thought the tag title match started out a bit slow and bland, but from the Usos cleaning house on the floor it was pretty damn great.  A few big near falls that the crowd absolutely bought into, but not so many that it became overdone.  Some incredible timing on the cutoffs and big spots, and I appreciate that they even had Kofi MIA for a while after that powerbomb rather than returning quickly and rendering it meaningless.  The finish felt a bit sudden after the last Woods save, but hardly a major flaw.  Fun opener!  

***1/2

#34 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2737 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Great tag!

#35 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1698 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Really good match although excessive with the punishment that Woods took. But the crowd loved it and that is all that matters. New Day winning was kind of their only choice given how weak the tag division is on the babyface side after this feud

This is really going to be interesting because Nakamura really needs a good singles match.  Dolph wasn't it.   Luckily Corbin can lose since he has the briefcase

#36 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

The Usos are quietly climbing the ranks of the WWEs best tag teams ever at this point. Heck, how many WWE tag teams have had there resume working as both faces and heels? Most of the best were always just one.

#37 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7728 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

The Usos are quietly climbing the ranks of the WWEs best tag teams ever at this point. Heck, how many WWE tag teams have had there resume working as both faces and heels? Most of the best were always just one.

Demolition. Hart Foundation. That's it, I think.

#38 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10166 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

#39 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5078 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

This Corbin match is as boring as the opener was entertaining.  I don't get his push at all.  He's nothing in the ring and on the mic, along with a zero in look charisma.  Just baffling.

#40 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

I mean, when you get the opportunity, I know some other matches you couls watch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users