WWE Battleground

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#41 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5140 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

An appropriate finish as that match did to each of us what Corbin just did to Nakamura.

#42 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1783 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

Really you have to protect Corbin?   :rolleyes:

By the way  Nakamura really didn't get a great reaction from a Philly crowd that should go apeshit for him.  Not sure if that speaks to how average he has been on Smackdown or how dull Corbin is in the ring 

#43 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10265 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

I mean, when you get the opportunity, I know some other matches you couls watch...

At this rate, with NWAonDemand down, i'm going to have to lose bets just to figure out what to watch. I'll have both of yours watched/written up by the end of this week barring disaster. I'm running casual and noteless tonight. (which means I'm not writing up this Bate/Dunne one either, though I will say that I love how into everything Dunne is. Surly teenager isn't necessarily a hard character, but the commitment is charming).

#44 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

I made it about this far through the Nak match and while I think a bearhug is a good heat-generating move for Corbin, I decided I'm going to go back and watch that Dunne/Bate takeover match that people really liked instead. I'm just not good at modern WWE PPVs I guess. There's no urgency anymore and as much as I like you guys, without that, the shared live experience is good for Mania and little else. Nothing feels like it matters anymore.

I mean, when you get the opportunity, I know some other matches you couls watch...

At this rate, with NWAonDemand down, i'm going to have to lose bets just to figure out what to watch. I'll have both of yours watched/written up by the end of this week barring disaster. I'm running casual and noteless tonight. (which means I'm not writing up this Bate/Dunne one either, though I will say that I love how into everything Dunne is. Surly teenager isn't necessarily a hard character, but the commitment is charming).

Try the Stardom streaming service. Lots of content and it's broken up into matches.

#45 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5140 posts

By the way  Nakamura really didn't get a great reaction from a Philly crowd that should go apeshit for him.  Not sure if that speaks to how average he has been on Smackdown or how dull Corbin is in the ring 

Yes and yes.  And yes.

#46 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Nakamura is coasting ever since his Dallas match against Zayn. After that lackluster NXT run it shouldn't come off as a surprise that he's putting almost minimal effort in his matches.

#47 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Let's go Becky. Yes I'm biased but she's the best wrestler in the match.

#48 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

I agree Nakamura is coasting but Corbin is just awful. I don't get what they see in the guy at all.

#49 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5140 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Try the Stardom streaming service. Lots of content and it's broken up into matches.

Cosign.  Take DDT for a spin -- they have a women's group on their service as well so plenty to mix it up, although DDT is very hit or miss for me.  The comedy stuff just doesn't do it for me but they've got some really great, young wrestlers as well.  

G1 is an obvious go-to.  A few fun workers in Sendai Girls which is easily accessible in the archive.

#50 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

I'm doing a Battleground live blog at Segunda Caida. I'm already loving it because Aiden English got a clean pinfall win. This is truly a momentous night. 

http://segundacaida....-live-blog.html

#51 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

Is there a worse career than natalya has had in WWE ? I mean nearly ten years in WWE and has she done anything of note ?

#52 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Is there a worse career than natalya has had in WWE ? I mean nearly ten years in WWE and has she done anything of note ?

There was the whole farting gimmick.

#53 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

There was the whole farting gimmick.

Yeah that was the shits for the wrong reason.

#54 El Dragon

El Dragon
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

And as Becky goes out so goes my interest.

#55 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Piss off natalya. You no talent living off your family name.

#56 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

And as Becky goes out so goes my interest.

Yep and eliminated by a disaster of a character in general.

#57 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

You've got to be kidding me. Natalya ? Only for total divas she'd be even more irrelevant than she is now.

#58 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Jesus that's put me in a bad mood. Natalya is living off her family's name and couldn't hold her uncles, cousin, and fathers coat in terms of character and in ring ability.

#59 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2794 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Ok, we get it. Now stop bitching about it please

#60 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Nattie has the most realistic character in the company I don't know what you're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users