• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

What would have Bill Watts done ?

(seriously, no idea if there's any truth to it, but the visual of Braun on his knees begging Karen Angle while she's cutting a terrific babyface promo is just too damn fantastic)

#42 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4105 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

according to Josh Satin and Pro wrestling sheet the original ending at the PPV was Owens cheating to win during the ref bump but Shane coming out and re-starting the match leading to AJ retaining

makes sense as they are clearly building to Owens v Shane

#43 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

He's going to end up as Alexa Bliss' Boo Bradley.

Pretty much. Does anyone think Vince when he hears about it, he'd be happy with Braun? He was rude to a mother and child asking for an autograph AND then grovelled to a GFW employer? No chance Braun gets booked over Reigns now, if there ever was a chance to begin with.

I feel embarrassed reading this post and you should feel embarrassed that you typed it out.

#44 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

according to Josh Satin and Pro wrestling sheet the original ending at the PPV was Owens cheating to win during the ref bump but Shane coming out and re-starting the match leading to AJ retaining

makes sense as they are clearly building to Owens v Shane

See, now that makes sense and that is an angle I can get behind - in the sense that I don't give a shit about either guy and can totally ignore it.  Owens is a perfect guy to wrestle Shane.  They can both take stupid pointless bumps together.

#45 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

That sounds like total bullshit.

I've met Karen at a rinky dink TNA houseshow back when she was with Kurt, she's definitely a no-fucks-given take no shit personality. You can choose to believe the groveling part or not, but it seems 100% accurate from her side. 

#46 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43472 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

I am guessing some version of the story happened but that this is wildly exaggerated. If Dave had waited another next week to report it, Braun would have thrown his drink in her face when she asked for the autograph, then offered to bloody her son's poor little head and use it as the pen so he could sign the autograph in the child's own blood. Braun would have seriously considered leaving wrestling to join the church when he realized it was Karen Jarrett before re-enacting "What I Should Have Said Theatre" from Saved By The Bell.

#47 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

I mean, considering most people in WWE (especially those that came up through their system and never worked anywhere else) are in constant fear of losing their jobs I could see Braun being legit scared of being told on. Part of the training in the PC seems to drill it into everyone's heads that they're nothing without WWE. 

#48 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

I am guessing some version of the story happened but that this is wildly exaggerated. If Dave had waited another next week to report it, Braun would have thrown his drink in her face when she asked for the autograph, then offered to bloody her son's poor little head and use it as the pen so he could sign the autograph in the child's own blood. Braun would have seriously considered leaving wrestling to join the church when he realized it was Karen Jarrett before re-enacting "What I Should Have Said Theatre" from Saved By The Bell.

This is more entertaining that whatever crap those 25 "writers" come up with every week. If Karen bitchslaps Abyss next week on iMPACT, I'll watch.

#49 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

He's going to end up as Alexa Bliss' Boo Bradley.

Pretty much. Does anyone think Vince when he hears about it, he'd be happy with Braun? He was rude to a mother and child asking for an autograph AND then grovelled to a GFW employer? No chance Braun gets booked over Reigns now, if there ever was a chance to begin with.

I feel embarrassed reading this post and you should feel embarrassed that you typed it out.

No I am pretty comfortable being a Braun mark and as much as I respect his talent, I hate Reigns's character. I would rather see Braun on my tv instead of Reigns.

If you meant everything I typed before the Reigns part, well I don't know what to say. Everything in Vince's history would suggest that to be the case. So uhh no not embarrassed. Thanks for worrying about what I should think though.

#50 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hashtags are a pretty weak form of protest and WWE has made it clear they don't care so I think it's time for someone to just step up and self immolate in front of Titan Towers to stop the Roman Reigns push and get Vince to go away and retire.

#51 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43472 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

I have to admit, there would be very little that would be more entertaining to me personally than the idea of a bunch of fans protesting outside Titan Tower with a particularly overzealous one chaining himself to Vince's Corvette. The Reignsistance!

#52 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

A group of fans using PETA-like tactics to protest would be amazing, REIGNS IS MURDER! 

#53 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

I am no Reigns fan, but he has a good look and can more than carry his share in the ring.  Fans being that pissed off about him need to find a new target, dammit.  I find the fact that Randy Orton is continually at the top of the card to be way more insulting to my fandom than Roman Reigns.

#54 Slasher

Slasher
  • Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

I am no Reigns fan, but he has a good look and can more than carry his share in the ring.  Fans being that pissed off about him need to find a new target, dammit.  I find the fact that Randy Orton is continually at the top of the card to be way more insulting to my fandom than Roman Reigns.

Right now it doesn't feel like Randy Orton is blocking anyone better really from a bigger push. Over his career, I'd agree that Orton has been a chore to get through more often than not, but lately that isn't the case. Obviously Jinder Mahal is going to be the champion for now and the however long term. Why feed someone like AJ Styles to Jinder Mahal? This is one of the rare times where Orton being the main eventer gunning for Mahal and failing in Jinder's first title program is a good use of Orton the title contender. On RAW though, you have Braun who many people actually like, you have Samoa Joe, you have Finn Balor, guys that people could actually get behind. Guys that fit what Loss said before about getting the fans back on the same page as the company. Roman Reigns is a great worker and he plays an excellent heel. Yet I get this feeling Reigns is still meant to be the ace of the show, which is why I say boo to all that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users