Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-14-AJW] Momoe Nakanishi & Nanae Takahashi vs Kayo Noumi & Miho Wakizawa

soup23

A complete all action tag. I don’t think any of these four women ever took a breath in the entire 20 minutes. The match won’t be great from a psychology standpoint but in the vein of the spotfest culture we will see wrestling continually move towards throughout this project, this gave a great dose of what is to come. This wouldn’t have looked out of place on an ROH show as a scramble match. The moves were hit with mostly great precision and my attention never wafted throughout the duration which is impressive. Momoe and Nanae are a team we will see a lot of in the future and they certainly showed they could bring an athletic style to AJW that if nothing else will compliment the wrestling heavy style of the JWP stuff. ***3/4 (7.3)

• 5 months later...

This was a nice tag. I like the dynamic between NANA*MOMO with the big power girl and the smaller, energetic highflyer. Nanae was way better than I remembered her being. She was actually a pretty good power work if you ask me. Noumi and Wakizawa weren't the greatest opposition but they were able to keep things moving along. Wakizawa sure was mouthy even by Joshi standards.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-14-AJW] Momoe Nakanishi & Nanae Takahashi vs Kayo Noumi & Miho Wakizawa