WWE TV 1st - 7th August 2017

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4105 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Have to think Nak wins the title at SS only for Corbin to cash in after the match

#42 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

That Cena bump wasn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. His neck bent inwards atleast so it was relatively "safe".

#43 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Would they do multiple cash ins on the same show? Seems like having Nattie win the #1 contender's match was a set up for Carmella to cash hers in afterwards.

#44 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

I see Corbin pulling a Seth Rollins and interrupting before there's a winner in Nakamura/Jinder.

#45 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4105 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Bayley hurt her shoulder against Nia on Monday and might not make SS

#46 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

https://twitter.com/...566241583517696

Nakamura: I'm sorry
Cena: Don't be sorry

For fuck's sake. Keep that stuff private, will you ?

#47 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1761 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

Why would you have Corbin cash in the Money in the Bank and win the title before the India tour?   I guess if you want a real heel to face Jinder in India that would work instead of a guy like Cena or Nakamura would have to heel it up.   Plus you can have a potentially awful match in Corbin vs Mahal in a country that wouldn't know the difference

So I guess typing it up it does make more sense than whatever they end up doing with Nakamura in summerslam.

#48 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

You didn't even click the link did you?  They didn't tweet, it's a gif from after the match and people reading their lips

#49 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Why would you have Corbin cash in the Money in the Bank and win the title before the India tour?   I guess if you want a real heel to face Jinder in India that would work instead of a guy like Cena or Nakamura would have to heel it up.   Plus you can have a potentially awful match in Corbin vs Mahal in a country that wouldn't know the difference

So I guess typing it up it does make more sense than whatever they end up doing with Nakamura in summerslam.

Hmmm

#50 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

You didn't even click the link did you?  They didn't tweet, it's a gif from after the match and people reading their lips

He's gonna find a way to be mad about that too :lol:

#51 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

He's gonna find a way to be mad about that too :lol:

I actually clicked the link, but my old iMac regularly fucks up with gifs and doesn't load them. FUCK MY OLD iMAC !!! AND FUCK SAFARI TOO !!!!

#52 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hmmm

I thought the same thing. Those Indian guys...

#53 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Look it's well known that Indians are stupid and don't have the refined workrate palette of a refined Westerner.

#54 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

While I may not "second" the last bit of hammerva's comment, I do think he's on the money about Mahal/Corbin being a plausible, good idea as a main event in India, especially as I expect Mahal will be cheered in his home country.

Does that pairing mean that fans in India will be subject to a match that maybe wouldn't earn many stars in the Observer or whatever? Yeah...but its not really all that different from the countless shows and promotions that have, over the years, put super-popular babyfaces that weren't great workers/past-their-prime (JYD, Ultimate Warrior) against other not-so-great/past-their-prime workers in main events because the crowd responses would mask what would probably be pretty basic, unremarkable in-ring action. 

#55 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

This Jinder/India main event run is similar to Del Rio/Mexico in 2011 when he was pushed to a title win in the middle of the Summer of Punk 2.0. The funny thing was that the whole thing didn't mean shit for the Mexico tour.

#56 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

Look it's well known that Indians are stupid and don't have the refined workrate palette of a refined Westerner.

Refined Westerner? We're ignorant pig-dogs compared to the sophisticated connoisseurs from the land of PURORESU~!

#57 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Is there actually going to be a show from India at any point though? If not, then what the fuck is the point of all this?

#58 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

What was the point of King Mabel ?

#59 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

What was the point of King Mabel ?

Fat guys draw?

#60 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10424 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Mabel was a colorful babyface in an era full of cartoon characters. Jinder is a guy being pushed as an Indian Bret Hart but if WWF never ran in Canada in 1997.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users