Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1st - 7th August 2017

FMKK

You didn't even click the link did you? They didn't tweet, it's a gif from after the match and people reading their lips

He's gonna find a way to be mad about that too :lol:

I actually clicked the link, but my old iMac regularly fucks up with gifs and doesn't load them. FUCK MY OLD iMAC !!! AND FUCK SAFARI TOO !!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you have Corbin cash in the Money in the Bank and win the title before the India tour? I guess if you want a real heel to face Jinder in India that would work instead of a guy like Cena or Nakamura would have to heel it up. Plus you can have a potentially awful match in Corbin vs Mahal in a country that wouldn't know the difference

So I guess typing it up it does make more sense than whatever they end up doing with Nakamura in summerslam.

Hmmm

I thought the same thing. Those Indian guys...

While I may not "second" the last bit of hammerva's comment, I do think he's on the money about Mahal/Corbin being a plausible, good idea as a main event in India, especially as I expect Mahal will be cheered in his home country.

Does that pairing mean that fans in India will be subject to a match that maybe wouldn't earn many stars in the Observer or whatever? Yeah...but its not really all that different from the countless shows and promotions that have, over the years, put super-popular babyfaces that weren't great workers/past-their-prime (JYD, Ultimate Warrior) against other not-so-great/past-their-prime workers in main events because the crowd responses would mask what would probably be pretty basic, unremarkable in-ring action.

Look it's well known that Indians are stupid and don't have the refined workrate palette of a refined Westerner.

Refined Westerner? We're ignorant pig-dogs compared to the sophisticated connoisseurs from the land of PURORESU~!

Tiger Ali Singh was supposed to be the Canindian Bret Hart. 20 years passed and the guy they finally put in the spot is barely a step above Tiger Ali in term of ability. More roids though. That has to count for something.

All kidding aside, this whole thing is a stupid debacle. TNA had a better India marketing plan. TNA !! Maybe Dixie can help out.

Okay, so they're going to have another Styles/Owens match at Summerslam? Another one? But the twist is that Shane is the ref, setting up the rumored Shane/Owens angle? Seriously? Another Styles vs. Owens match? How many of these damn things do I have to sit through? Who am I, Job or something?

All of the sudden I'm starting to wax nostalgic for the classic Dean Ambrose/Miz feud.

Oh by the way, that Rusev/Gable match was excellent. Rusev's selling is outstanding. He was still limping to sell the anklelock in his post match promo. Seth Rollins should be forced to watch a bunch of Rusev matches while somebody pokes him in the ribs every time Rusev sells something.

The time zone issue might be too much to hold a PPV/TV show here, but their house shows a couple of years back were really profitable.

And while most Indian fans certainly do not read Meltzer or come to sites like PWO (their loss, for I have learned so much here) to say they wouldn't know a good match from an awful one is being pretty ignorant and really, downright stupid. The most popular stars in India in the last 15 years have been Cena and Mysterio. It is not that big a co-incidence that they are also excellent wrestlers. It is really not too different from non-smarky/"hardcore" Ameridan wrestling towns.

Its rather amazing and unfortunate that WWE blew its load on Smackdown and not wait until the Death March that is known as SummerSlam. Cena/Nakamura would have been an excellent co-mainevet. Aside from the 4 way, nothing else on this show is of any real interest to me. SummerSlam being in Brooklyn for the 3rd year in a row is a snooze to me and the majority of this event will not be watched unless i hear otherwise after the initial showing.

Why have Cena vs Nak on PPV when you can have a bunch of multi-matches that have mostly been done already, the 52682th AJ vs Owens match (leading to Shane the wanker having yet another stupid match), Jinder Mahal in a title match and a showcase of FX dumbfuckery and "creepy weirdo shit" in Wyatt vs DemonFinn ? Armchair bookers...

Speaking of dream matches (we'll now never get), HoHo Lun - of CWC fame - has been released from NXT. His last appearance was a loss to Velveteen Dream.

Poor HoHo, maybe he should apply for Indian citizenship since his country is no longer Most Favored Nation status.

Speaking of dream matches (we'll now never get), HoHo Lun - of CWC fame - has been released from NXT. His last appearance was a loss to Velveteen Dream.

Uh...what possible dream match would have involved HoHo Lun? HoHo vs. Xanta Claus? The Godfather vs. HoHo?

Both excellent suggestions, my friend!

I'll add to it:

- HoHo vs. Mojo

- HoHo vs. Enzo

- HoHo vs. Show

Man, someone really should start a thread like that Triple H one about dream matches for HoHo Lun - I could see it going 40 pages, easily.

Oh, you guys... :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

BTW, it looks like HoHo Lun personally requested the release because of a family situation. That makes perfect sense to me, because if you're WWE, you don't let go of a major league talent like HoHo Lun - not in this lifetime or any other.

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0804/629805/why-wwe-released-nxt-wrestler/

Seriously though, I did like HoHo and thought his backstory was pretty cool (he essentially introduced professional wrestling to his country, which is fucking awesome if you ask me).

I even downloaded him in Fire Pro Wrestling World. He and Akira Tozawa had quite a classic match with The "Don't Call Us Bullet" Club. Bryan and Finn weren't in the match - they were just at ringside to support their respective teams. I've since swapped out that Tozawa for one that looks better.

BYc7u7w.png

Uh...what possible dream match would have involved HoHo Lun? HoHo vs. Xanta Claus? The Godfather vs. HoHo?

Both excellent suggestions, my friend!

I'll add to it:

- HoHo vs. Mojo

- HoHo vs. Enzo

- HoHo vs. Show

Man, someone really should start a thread like that Triple H one about dream matches for HoHo Lun - I could see it going 40 pages, easily.

HoHo vs. Ohno!

Or HoHo could have teamed up with Ohno, against The Fashion Police, Hoho & Ohno vs. Po-Po. With special guest referee, Koko.

Hopefully the ring announcer would be JoJo.

Jesus, how far down does this rabbit hole go-go?