WWF on Tour August 1985

LowBlowPodcast

WWF on Tour

Providence, RI - Civic Center

Columbus, OH - Ohio Center

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Kerry Von Erich defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Chris Adams & Gino Hernandez © defeated Demolition via DQ –Ax ended up nailing Gino Hernandez with the belt after Adams hit Smash

Sika & Kamala w/ Friday defeated Paul Roma & Jimmy Powers

One Man Gang defeated Phil Lafon

Billy Jack Haynes versus Hercules went to a double DQ

Jake Roberts defeated The Missing Link

WWF on Tour

Elizabeth, NJ - Dunn Recreation Center

Wildwood, NJ - Convention Hall

MAIN EVENT

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © defeated Tito Santana – Savage used knucks!

ELIMINATION MATCH

Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation defeated Brutus & The Fantastics

Barry Windham defeated The Masked Assassin

Luke & Butch over Ric McGraw & Scott Casey

Bad News Brown over Tom Zenk

The Rockers defeated Los Conquistadors

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Gorilla and Bobby are really cooking here this week. They are putting over Saturday Night’s Main Event. They put over the debut of All-American Wrestling. They talk about the big Hulk Hogan vs Nikita Koloff contest. Bobby Heenan then puts over how Hercules was just the beginning and tomorrow on Superstars… he has got Ravishing Rick Rude back in the WWF and he is going to be breaking more hearts than ever! Gorilla says that Heenan’s pocketbook is going to be the only thing broke with this high priced talent!

Kerry Von Erich defeated Johnny Schaeffer

Gary Hart: It seems like the more things change the more things stay the same. Kerry Von Erich… I have been battling you and your family for a decade and brother just when I thought I was done with you… here you are… well know this… you may be in the ring with the One Man Gang at Saturday Night’s Main Event… but know wherever he is… the rest of the army isn’t too far behind!

The Missing Link w/ Gary Hart defeated Tilly Cobb

-The return or debut of the Missing Link depending on how much WWF you’ve read that I have written. Regardless… he is a monster and he destroys Tilly here tonight. He handles with him ease and just beats him down repeatedly until he slams him over the ropes to the floor and wins via 10-count. Gary Hart has to hold his hair from the Link jumping back on for more…

Manny Fernandez debut Eddie Randolph

Manny: You know, I am kind of a new face around the WWF and I am so proud to be here and so proud to be in front of all you fans. The people call me the Ragin Bull because of how I come out there in the ring and the fire I bring. I am going to show all the fans and then all these guys that when that bell rings I see RED and I am coming for ya!

Brutus Beefcake defeated Lenny Shetlon

Jimmy Hart: Beefcake… you made the biggest mistake of you life crossing me pal. At Saturday Night’s Main Event… it is going to be the return of the Hammer and he is going to drive you down like the little nail you are!

MAIN EVENT

TEN-MAN TAG

Billy Jack Haynes, The Fantastics, & Demolition

Versus

Hercules, The Dynamic Duo, & The Hart Foundation w/ Bobby Heenan & Jimmy Hart

-Rarely if ever do you get a premiere main event like this on television, especially with all the star power, but after last week’s big brawl it was bound to happen. This one goes about 13-minutes and we do get to see everyone in the ring at some point. Hercules looks better now than ever before. Gino Hernandez and Bret Hart are in a tight race for who is the best worker in the match. The end of the match is one of chaos a Demolition and the Duo go outside the ring. Billy Jack and the Anvil seem to be ready made to throw some serious hands. The Fantastics hit a double dropkick on Bret Hart but the referee is trying to get Tommy Rogers out of the ring while Hercules comes from behind and grabs Bobby Fulton and throws him into the ring post before pulling him back for a German Suplex and then Bret Hart covers for the 3-count!

EVENT CENTER

ANDRE THE GIANT

-Mean Gene puts over how Andre the Giant will have a special interview with Vince McMahon at Saturday Night’s Main Event! He will discuss his future in pro wrestling!

ALL AMERICAN WRESTLING

-Check your local listings tomorrow morning before Superstars for this all new special broadcast featuring the top stars of the WWF including Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage!

SATURDAY NIGHT’S MAIN EVENT

August the 13th from Boston

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © versus Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan Koloff

Barry Windham versus Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth

SIX-MAN TAG

Brutus Beefcake & The Fantastics versus Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Kerry Von Erich versus The One Man Gang

Sorry no time for extra formatting this week...

WWF Live

8/3/85

East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Ivan Koloff

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage © via count out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Dynamic Duo © defeated Barry Windham & Billy Jack Haynes

Kerry Von Erich & Demolition defeated Hercules & The Hart Foundation

Jake Roberts defeated Kamala via DQ

The Midnight Rockers & The Fantastics defeated Sika, Friday, & Los Conquistadors

x240-cD0.jpg

WWF Presents: All-American Wrestling

Mean Gene Okerlund & Lord Alfred Hayes

-All-American is designed to be a C show with squash matches and Gene and Lord Alfred putting over talent with showcase match every week. There will possibly be angles when the timing is right.

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated Johnny Smits & Danny McBriddle

Bad News Brown defeated Kenny Utah

SD Jones defeated Frankie Longly

The Midnight Rockers defeated Bobby & Tony Smith

SHOWCASE MATCH

Randy Macho King Savage defeated Nathan Knight

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

-Vince and Jesse are putting over SNME in a big way and the big card especially the Hulk Hogan and Nikita Koloff match. They also put over the big IC Championship match with Barry Windham and Randy Savage and Jesse says that could steal the show! Jesse then goes off and how tonight we see the return of Ravishing Rick Rude and how he is without a doubt the hottest free agent signing in wrestling. Jesse puts him over in the biggest way and says he is going to be the premiere athlete here in the WWF and with Bobby Heenan’s vision he could be champion sooner than later!

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Lucian Michael

Bobby Heenan: Finally… Rick Rude is back where he belongs in the Heenan Family and now the Family is primed for the success that we are destined for!

Rick Rude: That’s right Bobby. Just like a solider… I went through training to be the Ravishing Machine that I am and I am back now in the WWF with a new attitude and Bobby sometimes a bad man just can’t be stopped that exactly what is going to happen. I already know that I am the sexiest man alive… but when I get into that ring I am the most dangerous and everyone is going to get a Rude Awakening

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Shane Meadows & Presley Murray

Ivan Koloff: I have gotten word from mother Russia… Hulk Hogan… Nikita Koloff has gotten the call and he will bring the WWF Heavyweight Championship back to Russia like I did before him. It is with this message that another was sent… he was told to destroy Hulkamania… and that is exactly what will happen at Saturday Night’s Main Event!

Manny Fernandez defeated Danny Small

Manny Fernandez: Man I am telling you, being here in the WWF is one of the greatest thrills of my life! They call me the Ragin Bul because when I hear that bell brother I see RED and that means I am hard to stop and got nothing on my mind but winning! Whoever is in my path better know that I am coming 100 miles per hour and brother there is no stopping the BULL!

Barry Windham defeated Turner Cross

Randy Savage: Ohhh yeaahhhh… you Barry Windham are going to have to bow down to the King! At Saturday Night’s Main Event, the Macho King Randy Savage has served your sentence and it is time for you to pay tribute to the King! You may think you have got a chance… you may think you’ve got a shot… but all you’ve got in TROUBLE in the fashion of the Macho King and I am going to put you down as only the Macho King can… OHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!!

EIGHT-MAN TAG

SD Jones, Tom Zenk, Jim Powers, & Paul Roma versus One Man Gang, Kamala, Sika, & Missing Link w/ Gary Hart & Friday

-A great showcase for Monsters Inc. with Gary Hart and Friday out there calling the shots. Pretty spectacular amount of girth our there but it appears as though the One Man Gang and Kamala are on showcase. The finish sees the One Man Gang with a powerslam on Tom Zenk that shakes the ring before hitting a 747 for the pinfall. Monsters Inc has got some issues with Jake Roberts and Kerry Von Erich but who is next on their list??

August the 17th from Boston

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Kerry Von Erich versus The One Man Gang

WWF Live

8/4/85

New York City, New York – Madison Square Garden

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP vs INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Randy Savage © via DQ when the Russians interfered!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

2/3 FALLS

Demolition defeated Gino & Adams © 2 falls to 1 but the deciding fall was a count out so no title change!

Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan defeated Hillbilly Jim

Kerry Von Erich defeated Sika

Jake Roberts defeated Kamala w/ DQ

One Man Gang defeated SD Jones

Barry Windham & Tito Santana defeated The Hart Foundation

The people of Boston are in for a great show!

Your TV shows are spot on to the WWF on the 80's as your stars get a nice win to stay hot as they call out their opponent of the next big card.

I do think Hogan vs Savage who are your two champions is a huge match worthy of Wrestlemainia and deserves some more hyping especially when it was in the "greatest arena in the world."

WWF on Tour

Dayton, OH – Hara Arena

Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati Gardens

Cleveland, OH – Convention Center

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Ivan Koloff w/ Nikita via DQ

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino & Adams © defeated Demolition –Bobby Heenan looked to hand something to Hernandez

Jake Roberts defeated Missing Link

Kerry Von Erich defeated Sika

One Man Gang & Kamala defeated Paul Roma & Jim Powers

Hercules Hernandez defeated Tom Zenk

Rick Rude defeated Phil Lafon

Scott Casey & Rick McGraw defeated Los Conquistadors

WWF on Tour

Asbury Park, NJ – Convention Hall

Passaic, NJ – Capitol Theatre

West Warwick, RI – Civic Center

MAIN EVENT

Tito Santana versus Randy Savage © went to a 30-minute draw

Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Brutus Beefcake via count out

Bad News Brown defeated Hillbilly Jim

Manny Fernandez defeated Barry Horowitz

The Sheeperherders defeated Bob Bradley & Brady Boone

The Fantastics defeated The Hart Foundation

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

-Gorilla and Bobby are putting over SNME in a big way. Gorilla talks about how there are no members of the Heenan Family on the card. Bobby puts over how they may not be on the card but they will be there and their presence will be felt! They put over the big debut of All-American and how this week we will see Brutus Beefcake taking on Jim Neidhart. Plus tomorrow on Superstars, Nikita Koloff will be in action as he prepares for the Hulkster… who will be here on Wrestling Challenge next week!

Randy Savage defeated Scott Hill

Barry Windham: They say behind every great man… there is a woman… well behind you Randy Savage is Elizabeth and she is a great woman and the way you treat her makes me and a lot of people around this country sick to their stomach. You want to come out here and call yourself the King… well brother at Saturday Night’s Main Event… that title which you hold so close and dear is going to be on the line and don’t be surprised if it is me who walks out with the gold!

*COMMERCIAL*

Kamala & Sika w/ Gary Hart & Friday defeated Jose Yard & Dennis Adams

Kerry Von Erich: I look up and down the line of talent in the WWF and I see some familiar faces. There is one face that makes me cringe when I see it and that is your face Gary Hart. You and I have had it out before but now you have got a whole new group of terrible to follow you around. Well I have been talking to Jake Roberts and we have got a plan for you…

*COMMERCIAL*

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated Donnie Gleason & Randy Rouse

-A good showcase with Powers and Roma who look good in the ring here tonight. They handle these two with no problem. The big Powerslam from Powers and then the diving splash from Roma for the 1…2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Scott Von

Bobby Heenan: Listen up here Billy Jerk Haynes… you have made quite a name for yourself in the short time you’ve been in the WWF… but now you have picked a fight with the world’s strongest man… Hercules! With Hercules, Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, and Rick Rude… the Heenan Family is stronger than ever and if you fight one of us… you fight all of us and we are coming for a fight!

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

The Fantastics versus The Conquistadors

-Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers are in prime form here tonight and they look great. They work the crowd and have got some serious love coming from the fans. The Conquistadors are fun and do some decent work… but Tommy and Bobby have got all the things going in the right direction and finish things off with a big double dropkick for the pinfall. They will be in six-man action next week at SNME!

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Kerry Von Erich versus The One Man Gang w/ Gary Hart

x240-cD0.jpg

WWF Presents: All-American Wrestling

Mean Gene Okerlund & Lord Alfred Hayes

Scott Casey & Rick McGraw defeated Willy Batiste & Louie Blunt

The Missing Link w/ Gary Hart defeated Jon Baptiste

Manny Fernandez defeated Larry Walker

Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Lonnie Lucas

SHOWCASE MATCH

Brutus Beefcake versus Jim Neidhart w/ Jimmy Hart

-A pretty good showcase matchup here for All-American. These two have some fun stuff but it is the power of Neidhart that is on showcase. He controls the match and when he looks to finish with a powerslam… Brutus jumps over his back and pushes him into the turnbuckle. Jimmy Hart jumps up on the apron and the Anvil runs but Beefcake with a leap frog and the Anvil nails Jimmy and he goes flying! Brutus with the roll up for the 1..2…..3!! Brutus is the winner and he works the crowd.

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

-Vince and Jesse are putting SNME over in a big way tonight, talking about all the possibilities with two titles on the line. They talk about Hogan and Nikita at length and how this will be a match for the ages. They put over the big card here tonight for Superstars and Jesse is pumping up Rick Rude in the biggest way.

The Sheepherders defeated Royce & Ritchie Smith

-No Dutch Mantell as Vince lets us know his visa ran out and he is gone but the Sheepherders are here and they have got ill intention on their mind. They are a dangerous team and they beat the piss out of these two guys before working them over outside the ring and getting back in for the 10-count.

*COMMERCIAL*

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Bruce Richards

-The Ravishing one is here and he looks great tonight. Heenan has got him primed for a big run and he handles Richards with no problem. Rude hits the big knee off the top rope to set up the Rude Awakening for the 3-count!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated James Hoadley

Gary Hart: Kerry Von Erich and Jake Roberts have been doing a lot of talking lately… but you two seem to have forgotten what it is really all about in that ring… it is about the action. Boys… when you look at these men in Monsters Inc it is all about the action and next weekend… Kerry Von Erich… you are going to find out what that action really means because the One Man Gang has got you number and your time is up!

*COMMERCIAL*

Bad News Brown defeated Tommy Hughes

Bad News: All you pot belly sharecroppers out there have seen me and have seen what I have been doing in that ring. I am about sick and tired of waiting around for my shot… if worse comes to worse… I am going to TAKE what is mine. So all you people out there… be prepared because I have got some BAD NEWS for you!

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Tom Zenk versus Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan Koloff

-A pure beatdown with Nikita Koloff just destroying everything there is about Tom Zenk. He beats him within an inch of his life and the referee has to go about calling the match off. Nikita isn’t done as a pair of Russian Sickles isn’t enough. He looks to do more but the crowd EXPLODES when HULK HOGAN IS SHOWN RUNNING TO THE RING! Ivan backs Nikita off as the Hulkster jumps in and he is looking for a fight but Nikita is going to wait. Jesse and Vince put this over in the biggest way. Hogan says he is coming for Nikita and these two are going to blow the roof off of the Boston Garden next weekend!

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

WWF on Tour

Pittsfield, MA - Boy's Club

Springfield, MA - Civic Center

Landover, MD - Capital Centre

MAIN EVENT

RUSSIAN CHAIN

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Ivan Koloff w/ Nikita

SIX-MAN TAG

Demolition & Billy Jack defeated Hercules, Gino, & Adams

Rick Rude defeated Rick McGraw

Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan destroyed Hillbilly Jim

One Man Gang defeated Kerry Von Erich –With help from Gary Hart

Kamala & Sika defeated Paul Roma & Jim Powers

Jake Roberts defeated The Missing Link

WWF on Tour

Salisbury, MD - Wicomico Youth & Civic Center

Holyoke, MA - Boys Club

Skowhegan, ME – Civic Center

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage © defeated Tito Santana in a 45 minute battle!

Brutus Beefcake defeated Greg Valentine

The Hart Foundation defeated Tom Zenk & Phil Lafon

Bad News Brown defeated Scott Casey

The Fantastics defeated The Sheepherders

Manny Fernandez defeated The Exterminator

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

The Sheepherders defeated Waylon Dalton & Justin Henderson

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Angel Walker

The Missing Link w/ Gary Hart defeated Eddie Randolph

Bad News Brown defeated Johnny Sheppard

Manny Fernandez defeated Marcus Cruz

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

SIX-MAN TAG

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

hqdefault.jpg

WWF Presents: Saturday Night’s Main Event #3

Boston, MA – The Boston Garden

Ivan Koloff: I have told the world that Nikita is ready for this challenge. Tonight… not only does he win the WWF Championship, but more importantly he tears down the All American Hero, Hulk Hogan.

Nikita Koloff: Tonight Hogan… you meat the Russian Nightmare face to face and I am going to DESTROY YOU!

Brutus Beefcake: Ohh yeah baby… tonight it is time to do some strutting down to that right with the Fantastics and Hart Foundation… we have got something special in store for you.

Jimmy Hart: Brutus Beefcake… you made the biggest mistake of you life when you decided to cross me… and now I have got the Hammer… the Hitman… and the Anvil all ready to put you down the hard way baby. Tonight… not even the Fantastics are going to be able to help you out of this one!

Randy Savage: Barry Windham… how dare you utter the name of Miss Elizabeth out of your stinking mouth. Tonight I am going to give you a ROYAL BEATDOWN right here in BEANTOWN and you have got no choice but to accept it… OHHH YEAAAHHHHH!!!

Barry Windham: Tonight is the night… tonight I get the chance of a lifetime and Randy Savage… that title means a lot to me and what it could do to my career. I am going to give you ever single ounce in my body tonight… I only hope you can keep up!

Hulk Hogan: Well everyone has been talking about this showdown… it is Russia vs the USA… it is the Russian Nightmare vs the Immortal Hulk Hogan… it is Nikita vs Hogan… and tonight dude… in front of a filled up Boston Garden and millions of people around the world… what are you going to do when I drop the HOGAN BOMB ON YOU!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to the Boston Garden! Welcome everyone to Saturday Night’s Main Event! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura! Jesse, we have got two huge title matches tonight and perhaps we will see the beginning of WORLD WAR 3!

Jesse: That’s right McMahon! Tonight we will see the end of Hulkamania! Tonight he goes against Nikita Koloff and mark my words… we will see the end of him for good!

Vince: I think a lot of people, including the thousands here in Boston would disagree with you. Tonight we will also see Kerry Von Erich taking on the One Man Gang!

Jesse: We saw Von Erich debut last time here at SNME in Houston but tonight he is facing the biggest challenge of his life and lemme tell ya… the Gang ain’t going to be alone!

Vince: Plus six-man action with Brutus Beefcake and the Fantastics taking on the Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine!

Jesse: Tonight you will see Jimmy Hart’s revenge on that turncoat Brutus Beefcake. Tonight he will get what has been coming to him courtesy of the Hammer!

Vince: Also tonight, the Intercontinental Championship on the line, Randy Savage defends against Barry Windham!

Jesse: That’s MACHO KING Randy Savage and tonight McMahon he is going to crown Windham and show him for the peasant he truly is!

Vince: I beg to differ Jesse… fans it is time… the biggest match in the history of Saturday Night’s Main Event… the WWF Championship is on the line… let’s go to the ring!

tumblr_n3xvzw9jfT1s0zdtdo1_500.jpg

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © vs Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan

-Big isn’t even the word to describe it… it is ENORMOUS! Both men are jacked to the gills. Both men have got the crowd going… Nikita they boo… Hogan they love. We get a fun little taste of what is happening here with both men feeling one another out. We get some tests of strength and Nikita shows to be the stronger of the two. Hogan has some fear in his eyes and in his weakness we see Ivan Koloff outside the ring get involved. Hogan is rite for the picking as we hit the commercial!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back and now we get some really fun back and forth. Both men continue to play the power game with no real give or take. The big moment happens when Hogan goes into the corner and Ivan Koloff holds his leg… Hogan then turns around and here comes Nikita with a spear right into his ribs and his back! Hogan crumbles down and we see Nikita go to work. Nikita’s power is second to none… even the Hulkster and Hogan does his best to make Nikita look like a million dollars. Hogan is a broken down and beaten man before the comeback of all comebacks. He doesn’t quite “Hulk Up” but he gets tossed out of the ring and Ivan starts to work him over but Hogan turns it around and he slams Ivan. Hogan and Nikita then go back and forth with some big rights and Nikita goes for a sickle but Hogan ducks and then he tosses to Nikita to the ropes and here comes the big boot! Nikita falls backwards and here comes Hogan with his own AXE BOMBER and Nikita goes out of the ring to the floor! Hogan looks down and Nikita is shaking out the cobwebs before attempting to go back in the ring but Ivan holds him back. Hogan comes out and he and Nikita do battle once again before Ivan comes and pulls Hogan back. This gives Nikita a chance to wrap the Russian Chain around his arm and Ivan turns Hogan around and Nikita NAILS HIM! The referee calls for the bell as Nikita has been DQ’d here due to his use of the chain! We have got pure chaos out here as Nikita is looking to whip Hogan with the chain but officials and agents run down and get between him. Here comes President Jack Tunney! Nikita and Ivan are smiling on their way to the back as all hell has broken loose. More on this when we come back.

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince are back putting over this huge happening with Hogan and Nikita. They are talking about how the ring couldn’t hold these two and they wonder what could. Jesse says he saw the fear in Hogan’s eyes and there was no doubt in his mind that Hogan was deathly afraid of the Russian Nightmare! Vince says Hogan fears no man… and Jesse says Nikita isn’t just a regular man… they put over the story and say we will hear more later on… right now Mean Gene is standing by with Jake the Snake Roberts…

0.jpg

Mean Gene: Welcome in here Jake Roberts. Now you may not be on the card… but I am told you are here as a very special guest.

Jake: That’s right Gene… you see Damien and I were invited by Kerry Von Erich. We know he is on the card against the One Man Gang… and wherever the Gang goes… that little devil Gary Hart is behind him with all his cronies… well know this Hart… you dangle on that tree and you might find some guests that you weren’t ready for!

Mean Gene: There we go fans… I am told that right now Hulk Hogan is meeting with President Jack Tunney… fans we will have an update on this broadcast! Let’s go to the ring.

Kerry Von Erich vs The One Man Gang w/ Gary Hart

-A fantastic showcase here for both men. Von Erich has the body of an Adonis and the Gang is such an imposing figure. Gary Hart is masterful outside the ring. He is working the crowd and working Von Erich every chance he gets. The Gang is able to break down Kerry and work him over before Von Erich makes a big comeback. He is hammering with some big right hands and even nails the big discus punch that gets Gang rocked out of the ring to the floor. Gary Hart gets up on the other side of the ring and rips off a turnbuckle! Kerry and Gang fight outside the ring but then get back in for the finish. Gang is looking to finish off Kerry as he hits some splashes in the corner but he goes for broke and Kerry moves and Gang is stumbling! Gary Hart is up on the apron and Kerry with a HUGE discus punch to Gang who cracks heads with Gary Hart! Kerry hits the ropes and another big leaping discus punch and the Gang hits an exposed turnbuckle and falls down for a 3-count! Kerry in the winner but not for long as Kamala, Friday, Sika, and Link all run down and attack him with the Gang. Here comes Jake Roberts with Damien and he tosses it in the ring to clear things out! Jake and Kerry stand tall but this fight is far, far from over!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back with Jesse and Vince putting over this issue with Jake and Kerry and Monsters Inc. They both put over how they are going to need some more help if they want to try and bring a fight to those guys. Jesse wonders who would be dumb enough to help them at this point. Vince says he knows a man who wouldn’t mind backing down from a fight and that would be Andre the Giant! Vince says he has got a special taped interview with Andre and his return to the WWF!

d14d16fcea5ca1586f97e1ff6e1255aa--wrestl

Vince: I am joined right now by the 8th wonder of the world… Andre the Giant. Andre, your absence from the WWF has got noticed and fans have been wanting to know when you will be back in the ring?!?

Andre: Thank you Vince… I have been traveling the world wrestling in Canada, Japan and all over. I have faced the toughest talent but I know the best talent is right here in the WWF!

Vince: That is indeed true Andre… I know everyone wants to see you in person… when can we expect your return to the ring?

Andre: I am ready to go whenever someone wants to get into the ring with me. I find it hard to have a match… men are afraid of me… I will show them I am the one true Giant…

Vince: Absolutely correct Andre… perhaps we will see you at the next Saturday Night’s Main Event?

Andre: You find me an opponent and I will be there Vince…

Vince: There you have it fans… the next time that the WWF comes to you on NBC, expect to see this man… 7’4”, 550 pounds of Andre the Giant right here in the WWF ring!

snmesavage.jpg

Mean Gene: What news is that… Andre the Giant back here in the WWF next time we are live on NBC and folks, you don’t want to miss it. Another man who I would suggest will be there is non-other than the self-proclaimed Macho King, the Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage!

Randy Savage: Self-proclaimed huh Okerlund? I think not… no I think not… you see I beat the man who said he was the King… yeah… I have beaten ever single opponent in my path for eight months as the rightful Intercontinental Champion of the WWF! They keep lining them up and I keep putting them down… OHHH YEAAAH!

Mean Gene: Well one man that you won’t be putting down is Barry Windham… he has got your number tonight…

Randy Savage: My number huh? What is my number? Is it 100, 1,000… to infinity and beyond… I don’t think so. I don’t think so Barry Windham. You are nothing but a thorn in the lion that is the Macho Man’s heel. Yeah you hurt a little bit but I am going to pull you out and shove you to the side with the rest of them! You see something Gene Okerlund… every time I step into that ring it is with the very best that the WWF and the World has to offer and there is not a man alive that can stand next to the Macho King… DIG IT!

Mean Gene: Fans it is started to get a little windy pack here with the hot air… when we come back the Intercontinental Championship is on the line!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return with Jesse and Vince putting over the return of Andre the Giant. They put over how big of an attraction he is and what his return means to the WWF. They talk about how in the back right now… Jack Tunney is meeting with Ivan and Nikita Koloff and we hope to have word on their decision in the coming moments. They turn their attention to the IC title match and put over how Randy Savage has been champion for over 8 months now and one of the best in the business. They talk about Barry Windham being right there with him in terms of talent but Jesse says he has got something left to be desired and the Macho King is going to show him why he’s the King tonight!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Barry Windham vs Macho King Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth

-On live television, these guys get a chance to shine and shine they do for 20-minutes. Windham and Savage do some great work with Savage playing the chickenshit Memphis heel who won’t engage and Barry chasing. When they do engage, it is as though Savage has got a serious personal beef with him that is driving his passion and anger. There are some serious hard hitting shots and then it turns into a stylistic match with both men showing off their skills. We get a commercial break in the middle of things to slow it down but when they come back it gets hot and heavy and we getting towards the end. It is Windham who appears to be in control and he is the one looking to finish off Savage but out of the back walks… Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan? What are these guys doing out here? Rude is trying to get Windham’s attention but he is focused until Heenan gets involved! Windham is looking out at Rude who is flexing up big time and here comes Savage as he knees Windham in the back and goes into the turnbuckle and then Savage with a roll up with a handful of tights for the 1…2….3!! Savage jumps out of the ring and joins up with Rude as they shake hands and join up. Elizabeth just isn’t sure what to do. Savage grabs her arm and walks her to the back. Windham is trying to get his bearings as he gets up and Jesse puts it over in the biggest way!

*COMMERCIAL*

ravishing2.jpg

Mean Gene: Bobby Heenan… what in the world were you two doing out there?

Heenan: What did I say? What did I say? I told you we would be heard and we were! That right there is why. Rick Rude is the best looking man in this sport… all the women know it… but you got a pretty boy like Barry Windham out there… well how good does he look now?

Mean Gene: Rick Rude… I am sure you have more on your mind?

Rick Rude: Haha… Okerlund… you like all the other pukes out there just saw why I am the master of the Rude Awakening. Windham… you have gone on too long thinking you are special… well I just knocked you down right where you belong boy… and now I am the one at the top of the mountain!

Mean Gene: You guys have a warped sense of reality… folks… we have got a big time six-man coming up… and I am told that I am going to meet with Jack Tunney and Hulk Hogan later on and we will have a big announcement… let’s go to the ring.

Brutus Beefcake & The Fantastics vs Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation

-What a night of action… and it is capped off here by a big six-man. This is a very fun contest as the Harts and Fantastics have been each other’s throats for most of the year and we see it come through here. Brutus is the weakest of the six, but he serves his purpose. These guys go about 12-minutes and we get some fun, fast paced action. The finish sees all six-men involved and then Hammer and Brutus go outside the ring before Tommy and Bobby hit a big double dropkick on the Anvil and he smashes right into the Hitman. The Anvil runs out and Bobby leap frogs him and runs up to Bret with a monkey flip right into the Anvil again and here comes Tommy comes with a roll up on Neidhart for the 1…2….3!! The Fantastics and Brutus get the victory and back out of the ring! They work the crowd as Jimmy Hart is still trying to figure out what happened! Jesse and Vince put this over in a big way and say that when we return… Jack Tunney will make a big announcement!

*COMMERCIAL*

1.jpg

Mean Gene: Fans I am joined right now by President Jack Tunney… Mr. Tunney, I think everyone is shocked by what we have seen here tonight on Saturday Night’s Main Event…

Jack Tunney: I would agree with that Gene… and tonight I have spoken to Nikita and Ivan Koloff… I am have spoken to Hulk Hogan… I have spoken to WWF officials.

Mean Gene: And what is the verdict?

Jack Tunney: It is under our best interest that we hold a special event… like we had in February… it will be called the Main Event. It will be held on Monday Night, September the 30th from Madison Square Garden. The showcase match on that card will be a WWF Championship rematch with Hulk Hogan defending the championship against Nikita Koloff. However… this time it will be in the confines of a 15-foot high steel cage! Furthermore… I have been in contact with a special guest enforcer… Andre the Giant will be outside the ring to make sure no one can come down and have any say in this great contest!

Mean Gene: Fans there you have it… right here on NBC we will have the Main Event on Monday September the 30th… Hulk Hogan and Nikita Koloff inside a steel cage with Andre the Giant outside the ring to make sure there are no interruptions! Hulk Hogan welcome in here…

4092%20-%20hulk_hogan%20mean_gene_okerlu

Mean Gene: I am sure you are happy to hear this news…

Hulk Hogan: Brother no one could be happy to hear they will be locked inside a steel cage with a man the likes of Nikita Koloff but it is exactly what I wished for. I wanted to make sure there was no outside forces involved and I am so happy they brought the big man… Andre the Giant out there to make sure we were good to go. Now… Nikita Koloff… you my friend are going to be locked inside that steel cage with the strongest force in the world!

Mean Gene: Do you have any fear of what could happen inside that cage with the two of you?

Hulk Hogan: I would be lying if I said I didn’t have any fear Mean Gene. I believe that is it fear that causes a man to really see himself. I have looked down in my soul Nikita Koloff… I have seen the what makes me whole and I look to the big guy in the sky for the courage and the will to step into that ring one more time. I am going to ask him to give me the courage to step into that cage with you knowing full well I may not survive. But Nikita Koloff know this… my body as Hulk Hogan may fall… but my soul and the soul of Hulkamania will live forever!

Mean Gene: Fans there it is… Hulk Hogan and Nikita Koloff… inside a 15-foot high steel cage on September the 30th… it is going to be a happening!

-We finish with Jesse and Vince putting over the night’s results and the big matches from one to the next. They then put over the Main Event and how it will be an incredible showcase with Hogan and Nikita doing battle in the cage.