Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-12-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask & Sasuke Diner vs CIMA & Sumo Fuji & Judo Suwa

soup23

Man, this was great. Crazy Max may be sort of the good guys in the M2K feud but they are still rudo at heart and dickheads here just wailing on TM and trying to unmask him. Fujii does his sumo nut shot that gets a big pop out of me. I also love the assisted giant swing with CIMA landing a dropkick in the end. This was the perfect mixture of compelling action telling a story and having some comedic elements sprinkled in. The Sasuke drama was a little hard to follow but led to a dramatic finale where the real Great Sasuke stood up and did some amazing dives leading to TM obtaining the submission. Awesome match. **** (8.1)

Who the heck is "Sasuke Diner"? At first thought that this was some really bad case of typo, but "Sasuke Diner" really results in (a very small) number of Google hits. An alternative spelling seems to be "Sasuke Dina". Cagematch only has (besides SASUKE, The Great Sasuke and Sasuke the Great) some guys (Ikeda, Ishikawa & Gran Apache) wrestling as "Sasuke Tiga/Tyga". Is it one of those guys or someone else?

• 4 months later...

According to Wrestling Data, Sasuke Diner worked as Great Sasuke and it was Gran Apache... Considering AAA was around Japan doing an event and some of the AAA worked regularly for Michinoku Pro, this seems legit.

The match itself was pretty awesome. The comedy elements added to the fun such as that entire Sasuke fainting fiasco. The finish was very different with TM getting the Triangle Choke.

***1/2

I am not sure but it seems likely that the diner in "Sasuke Diner" = ダイナー being hilariously translated, like with Spell Delfin and so on.

Most likely the ダイナー would have been intended as a shortened form of "dynamic" or "dynamite" or dynamo or something similar.

The Japanese lannguage is chock-full of shortened English words, like プロレス for professional wrestling アニメ for animation, and ペソコン for personal computer.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few minutes it was pretty obvious Diner was Apache. Having said that, he was still his awesome self. I liked how he didn't change a thing. Good match with Crazy Max bringing the rudo offense including sumo doing my favorite move of sumo chops to the groin of Tiger Mask Speaking of Tiger Mask, he did a awesome triangle for the finish and the guy sold it great.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-12-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask & Sasuke Diner vs CIMA & Sumo Fuji & Judo Suwa