Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-13-IWRG] Mike Segura & Multifacetico & Ciclon Ramirez vs Dr Cerebro & Millonario & Rodi

soup23

This was the Cerebro show. He conveys great frustration in the first caida not being tagged in and then is a prick for the remainder of the match. He could be the breakout lucha indie star of the 2000's right up there with someone like Terry Boy. The other guys I am pretty unfamilar with besides Ciclon and they were mostly ok. I thought Millonario had some good sequences while in there and Segura alternated between looking lost and executing some nice spots. Cerebro takes a huge monkey flip getting big air. A really fun trios lucha match. ***1/2 (6.8)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

IWRG continue to tease me with a blowoff to the Cerebro vs. Ciclon feud that I don't think we're going to get. At least we get to see them go at it again here. Cerebro is having a stellar year. I don't think he's as good a worker as Wagner but he sure is doing more relevant things in Mexico if you compare the two doctors. The great thing about this trios (aside from the fact that it was unedited) was that he also had a thing going with Mike Segura. You know you're good when you have two rifts going at the same time. The other workers were good and had fun indy gimmicks but this Cerebro's party and he'll beat the shot out of a tecnico if he wants to. I kind of wish he had hung onto his mask for longer.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-13-IWRG] Mike Segura & Multifacetico & Ciclon Ramirez vs Dr Cerebro & Millonario & Rodi