Pro Wrestling Only

Entrance Music

flyonthewall2983

Terry Funk- The Eagles' "Desperado" couldn't be more perfect for a guy 20 years removed from his world title reign and 10 years removed from his first retirement

Good call, and I HATE The Eagles. This is the only instance I can hang with them. (Maybe "I Can't Tell You Why," too. Maybe.)

Demolition's theme was perfect, and it kinda sounds like Accept.

Loved Doc coming down to "I Love It Loud" by Kiss when he was in All Japan.

Someone needs to come down to "Going Down to Die" by Danzig for their retirement match. There needs to be far more Dio and Thin Lizzy going on, too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistico "Ameno" - the tune went with the gimick and "Me Muero" - the lyirics about a hero saving the day with the Spanish guitar solo, is there a more perfect entrance for a white meat babyface

Minoru Suzuki - "Kaze Ni Nare"

Bryan Danielson- "The Final Countdown" a sing a long off the Rocky sound track, just so perfect for a the top babyface in that atmosphere

Those three are great picks

When I was writing up the fantasy booking for Michinoku Pro last year, I came up with a scene where a few of the guys were discussing the worst possible entrance songs. These were the top 5:

5: You’re Having My Baby by Paul Anka

4: This Guy's In Love by Herb Alpert

3: MacArthur Park by Richard Harris

2: Muscrat Love by Captain & Tennille

1: Please Mister Please (Don't Play B-17) by Olivia Newton John

I once read that Dream Theater, Chris Jericho's favorite band, was almost going to do a song for him. Jericho met guitarist John Petrucci backstage somewhere, and they chatted up the idea almost to the point of a song being born but it never happened. I like them (at least their old stuff anyway) a lot so that would have been cool.

I saw on reddit a few days ago that X-Pac was asked by Shane if they could use a song the Red Hot Chili Peppers offered up, and he turned it down instead requesting something by Uncle Kracker.

I think Fame was the Macho Man's best entrance song.

It's So Easy for Heavy Metal and Pelo Suelto for Emilio Charles are some of my favorites. Pelo Suelto in particular isn't something I'd ever have thought of for entrance music but Emilio made it work.

I remember Rey Jr. coming out to A Little Respect. That was bad. Worse was whoever it was who used Dangerous by Roxette in Monterrey. Didn't Rick Martel have some hilariously unwrestling song in WCW? I actually like a lot of the generic WCW songs though, like Psicosis' and Alex Wright's.

I also absolutely loved Mark Henry coming out to Three 6 Mafia's Some bodies gonna get it. Mark Henry is a cool, badass motherfucker, and when he would come out as "Somebody gon get their ass kicked" would blare over the P.A system, he seemed even cooler and more badass.

Sting's original entrance song with no lyrics was pretty cool. Hated when they changed it to a Man Called Sting. Same goes for Lex. Pretty cool sounding song despite no lyrics.

Sting's original entrance theme I didn't like very much at all. "Rattlesnake Whip". His second, though, "Turbo Charged", which I think is the one you mean (he used it immediately before "Man Called Sting"), I always dug.

I also liked the Steiners early 90 WCW theme.

Something that I have found while looking through noah themes is the themes that I am calling grandsword wannabees.

https://youtu.be/liVCJEUjDQk

Then there are the Wannabees:

https://youtu.be/kIj1chM2Myw

And a grandsword wannabee for a kobashi Wannabee. There is a YouTube comment on the video (I know YouTube comments are evil) which says "a good song but lacking what made kobashi's so special, pretty much like shiozaki in general." I think that sums up shiozakis career quite well.

https://youtu.be/o116dRMFv6U

As for best ever holy war, Spartan X, shadow explosion are all great. As are Mochizukis theme and maybe best, pomp and circumstance which just suited savage perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

"Natural Born Killaz" is always going to be my favorite use of real music, so much so that it's still the only rap song I know the lyrics to front and back.

Some love has to be shown to David Starr for using Joan Jett's "Do You Wanna Touch Me."

Has anybody notable used Accept's "Balls to the Wall"? Seems like an obvious choice. Ditto for Danzig's "Dirty Black Summer" or Motörhead's "Orgasmatron" (which would've been a perfect fit for HHH had he not gotten his own trio of Motörhead tunes).

• 2 weeks later...