• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Bringing up Lucha reminded me of some AAA faves, namely Bad Medicine for Dr. Wagner Jr and Thriller for La Parka.

#42 MoS

MoS
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

I also absolutely loved Mark Henry coming out to Three 6 Mafia's Some bodies gonna get it. Mark Henry is a cool, badass motherfucker, and when he would come out as "Somebody gon get their ass kicked" would blare over the P.A system, he seemed even cooler and more badass.

#43 topropepodcast

topropepodcast
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:26 AM

Sting's original entrance song with no lyrics was pretty cool. Hated when they changed it to a Man Called Sting. Same goes for Lex. Pretty cool sounding song despite no lyrics.

Sting's original entrance theme I didn't like very much at all. "Rattlesnake Whip". His second, though, "Turbo Charged", which I think is the one you mean (he used it immediately before "Man Called Sting"), I always dug.

I also liked the Steiners early 90 WCW theme.

#44 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Worse was whoever it was who used Dangerous by Roxette in Monterrey.

Greg the Hammer Valentine using Roxette's "The Look" though, was greatness!

#45 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

Something that I have found while looking through noah themes is the themes that I am calling grandsword wannabees.

https://youtu.be/liVCJEUjDQk

Then there are the Wannabees:

https://youtu.be/kIj1chM2Myw

And a grandsword wannabee for a kobashi Wannabee. There is a YouTube comment on the video (I know YouTube comments are evil) which says "a good song but lacking what made kobashi's so special, pretty much like shiozaki in general." I think that sums up shiozakis career quite well.

https://youtu.be/o116dRMFv6U

As for best ever holy war, Spartan X, shadow explosion are all great. As are Mochizukis theme and maybe best, pomp and circumstance which just suited savage perfectly.

#46 With Coil

With Coil
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

Gangrel. Ministry of Darkness.

I could listen to those for hours.

Also, this..

https://youtu.be/gnRqyxF_0W8

It wasn't actually a Sid theme.. but my god does it go well with the video.

#47 Laz

Laz
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

"Natural Born Killaz" is always going to be my favorite use of real music, so much so that it's still the only rap song I know the lyrics to front and back.

Some love has to be shown to David Starr for using Joan Jett's "Do You Wanna Touch Me."

Has anybody notable used Accept's "Balls to the Wall"? Seems like an obvious choice. Ditto for Danzig's "Dirty Black Summer" or Motörhead's "Orgasmatron" (which would've been a perfect fit for HHH had he not gotten his own trio of Motörhead tunes).

#48 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Bringing up Lucha reminded me of some AAA faves, namely Bad Medicine for Dr. Wagner Jr and Thriller for La Parka.

"Bad Medicine" is probably my favorite part about Dr. Wagner Jr.

#49 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

My current favorites are probably "Heroes Welcome" for Kassius Ohno and "Stone Pitbull" for Tomohiro Ishii.

#50 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2618 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Jake Roberts WWF baby face theme is probably my fav. of all time. Still gives me chills.

When he came back at the 96 Royal Rumble and that music hit is still one of my favorite moments. 

#51 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Favorite heel theme might be "Man With the Harmonica" for Terry Funk. Sorry Undertaker, but THAT is the most frightening theme in wrestling.

#52 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Big Bad Leroy Brown coming out to the song of the same name would probably be the most on the money use of a song ever, but this is pro wrestling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users