Pro Wrestling Only

DVDVR Best Matches of the 1980's (So Far)

peachchaos

Unless the ranking is for a different Boot Camp Match, the MSG match aired on MSG Network complete.

We also got a video quality upgrade since this was on the Best of WWE at MSG DVD.

Eddie Gilbert & Ricky Morton vs. Masa Fuchi & Atsushi Onita (Memphis 9/4/81) ***Complete***

We really only have post match for this one too, the match proceeding the brawl is joined in progress

Which is why it's sort of insane that it finished 20th on the DVDVR Memphis results. Don't get me wrong, I love the fight, but it's a post-match angle, not a match. The Louisville Brawl from earlier in the year is almost as entertaining, but wasn't in contention for similar reasons I assume.

The first Flair NWA title win is really something the Network should produce. Damn shame not to have more than the finish to such a historic match.

I've been on the hunt for this. Haven't found anything concrete yet, but:

18947645_1523642364377531_74580453403782

So there could at least be footage of their 8/7/81 match in STL since Dusty's jacket says '81 on it.

The first Flair NWA title win is really something the Network should produce. Damn shame not to have more than the finish to such a historic match.

I've been on the hunt for this. Haven't found anything concrete yet, but:

18947645_1523642364377531_74580453403782

So there could at least be footage of their 8/7/81 match in STL since Dusty's jacket says '81 on it.

Johnny P or someone should do a documentary on the hunt for footage.