Photo

La Fiera vs Sangre Chicana (CMLL 07/02/93)

CMLL July 2 1993 La Fiera Sangre Chicana

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cad

cad
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

This was one of those matches that had a lot of good moments which didn't really fit together. I can see people liking a lot of them, but at the end of the day you have an apuestas match in which things started off almost gentlemanly, Sangre Chicana threw away a fall for no real reason, and Fiera won with a fluky and botched rollup while not looking like a conquering hero. Even in the prematch video package, included to make this feel like a bigtime event, something felt off, as you could see that it wasn't even Chicana who turned on Fiera first. And the bottle shot made no sense. It was a cool image and everything, but it's not like Fiera had been making a comeback or done anything to piss Chicana off. Why wantonly pick a moment in the second fall to take all that anger out on him? I guess you could argue that it fit with Chicana taking random breaks from the fighting to talk to members of the audience, but it's still the weakest way possible for a tecnico to even things up. On a positive note, Fiera's selling really was outstanding, and I liked how committed they were to those ribs. I'd have preferred wild violence to working over a body part, but if you decide to go the latter route then at least make it mean something. Less than the sum of its parts match.

#2 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7386 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

I actually liked this match a lot. It WAS kind of weird to have an apuestas match start with a handshake and with wrestling instead of violence but once Chicana started with the kidney shots this really got good. I didn't mind Chicana taking time out to talk shit to the crowd or hitting Fiera with the bottle and getting himself disqualified because it just came off like he was so confident that he had Fiera beat that he didn't care if he lost a fall, he knew he'd win in the end. I get wanting a more definitive finish for an apuestas match, especially if the babyface is gonna come back and win after just getting his ass kicked all match but to me the finish worked because Fiera had tried a few times to counter those kidney punches and Chicana just kept going back to it and finally Fiera figured out the best way to do it and got the win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users