Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-07-17-Ice Ribbon] Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs Lovely Butchers (Hamuko Hoshi & Mochi Miyagi)

aguakun

International Ribbon Tag Team Title #1 Contendership: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs. Lovely Butchers (Hamuko Hoshi & Mochi Miyagi)

I feel like there has been too much Lovely Butchers at the top of Ice Ribbon cards lately; they're easily my least favorite joshi at the moment. But this fucking ruled. They brought an aggressive approach to this match, answering Arisa & Tsukasa's nastiness with some of their own. There's a backdrop here from Miyagi to Arisa that looked bone-crushing, and Fujimoto executes one of the best Tsukadora's I've ever seen. The pacing is fast, and the heat just keeps building. ****1/2

• 1 month later...

I had low expectations for this match since I thought their match in April was terrible due to a bad performance from the Butchers. Here, things were the exact opposite as the Butchers had the best performance that I've ever seen them have and this turned out to be the most surprisingly great joshi match of the year. The Butchers still do their comedy spots in the early going but after that they are able to keep up with Best Friends the rest of the way. Best Friends are on top of their game as well which takes this match to another level. Certainly a match that you don't want to skip over. ****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-07-17-Ice Ribbon] Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs Lovely Butchers (Hamuko Hoshi & Mochi Miyagi)