Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III

cm funk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell of a F'n show. Every match was good-great, crowd was molten hot, great entrances, Code Orange rocked, and awesome ReDragon reunion, Cole debut.....and they 3 of them in cahoots

That might be the best Takeover yet......and it's the one I went into with the lowest expectations that I can remember

So glad Wolfe got to show hat he deserves this spot in WWE. I knew he was better than what we've seen from him until now since I've already seen him on multiple occasions, but that was really impressive.

Aleister Black is AMAZING. At this point he's the one I look most forward to whenever I know he's on NXT.

Roode's title reign is over. Thankfully. I haven't really enjoyed one match of his. The one tonight wasn't bad, but still the worst of the night. Although Drew was in it, which is saying something.

Also, ma I the only one who finds it strange that Itami, the guy with the GTS (which is, especially in WWE, associated with Punk) now has a story where he keeps on demanding respect? After all, that is what Punk's big heel turn in 2012 was centered around.

I like Mauro and Nigel as a team.

I am really tired of the 3 man booth standard in the WWE. They don't have enough good announcers to make it work and it ruins the dynamic. The third guy rarely has a really good defined role. Like, what the fuck is Saxton out there for? It did kind of work for 205 Live when they had Aries but he had a defined role on the team. He was the expert that would chime in from time to time. But they rarely use the third man like that.

This was probably Asuka's best title match to date (although I haven't seen the Last Woman Standing). So glad they got to have a proper finishing stretch.

They were both awesome and I think it may be a toss up.

Loved last night's match, best thing on the show.

I think I'd be perfectly happy if Asuka never actually lost a match for the rest of her life.

Asuka/Ember was fucking great and Ember looked like a million bucks even in defeat and having her finish kicked out of. All that's left for Asuka to do in NXT is face the winner of the MYC, but honestly I'd be super pumped for Asuka/Ember III too after that.

I'm dreading the day she gets called up. Sure we'll finally get matches with the rest of the Horsemen, but she won't stay undefeated forever on the main roster and once she loses once, she'll start losing like everyone and eventually be Bayley'd and people will start talking about how she wasn't really that good in NXT, just protected and smoke and mirrors and etc., and just totally fuck that.

Drew Mac did the same dive over the top rope that Trent tried to do on him on SD from the last Bogus Journey. That was a weird full circle moment for me.

I could do without the ROH dork invasion, but I also wasn't wild about guys like Devitt, Strong and Roode when they came in either and they turned out OK, so let's hope NXT can work more magic.

Kudos to them for having AOP, built up as unstoppable hybrid Road Warriors-mack trucks, believably drop the belts to anyone, let alone a previously dead-in-the-water Sanity who managed to get over as crazy babyface underdogs even though they had a 4 on 2 advantage.

That was the best use of live music on a show in years and years. Why had WWE never thought of using the live performance to do the opening video montage before?

One of the reasons I love Authors of Pain, apart from them being a good hoss tag team, is because Akam being of Indian descent means we finally have an Indian-origin wrestler in WWE who is not shitty (although I will always have a soft spot for the Great Khali simply for him awkwardly trying to do bhangra in his babyface run.)

Great show! Three awesome matches and two very good ones. Main event was probably the least of the five, but the post-match angle was cool. Both the wrestling and storytelling were strong throughout. They did a great job of (presumably) ending a few NXT runs (I'm thinking there will be a call up of talent post-Summerslam--AOP, Roode, maybe Moon and Itami) and launching an ROH invasion of new stars to take their place. Great, hot crowd too. Asuka vs Moon was match of the night for me. ****1/2

Never cared for Adam Cole. I just never 'got' him. I've seen tons of his matches and promos, so the lack of enthusiasm isn't based on a small sample. Same thoughts and feelings for Bobby and Kyle. WWE seems like the place to help takes these guys to the next level as far as gimmicks, etc. are concerned as the in-ring stuff is there and they have all shown (at various times) sparks in other areas of the game as well.

I hate that Mauro gives away every nearfall like the kick-out of the Eclipse by Asuka by shouting stuff like "we have a new champion" before or during the pinfall attempt. Though that is less his fault and more the general way how WWE announcing is done.

I hate that Mauro gives away every nearfall like the kick-out of the Eclipse by Asuka by shouting stuff like "we have a new champion" before or during the pinfall attempt. Though that is less his fault and more the general way how WWE announcing is done.

Last night made me hate Mauro Ranallo more than I already hated him.

I hate his stupid booming deep voice and I hate his stupid shouty announcing style.

I hate him using a bunch of Hip Hop references on the show last night, like "if you don't know, now you know" or talking about Tupac. Hey Mauro, you're a pudgy middle aged white guy with a bad haircut, not an MTV VJ from the 90's. Stop trying to be cool.

I hate him for trying to shoehorn stupid rhyming schemes into his commentary, seeing how many words in a row he can use that start with the same letter, pretending he's goddamn Howard Cosell. Stop trying to get yourself over and just call the fucking match.

Like Robert says, I hate the way he gives away nearfalls by hysterically proclaiming the match is over when we all know it isn't. Stop trying imitate Vince McMahon when he did play-by-play.

I hate him trying to beat everybody over the head with how much he knows about Pro Wrestling, by trying to cram in as many references to other organizations and other wrestlers from the past, with his stupid "SHADES OF..." calls. Stop trying to impress the voters for the Observer awards.

I hate him so much now, I'm starting to feel sympathy for poor JBL, who was picked on and victimized by all the cruel and heartless Ranallo fans. All JBL ever tried to do was help Mauro be a better announcer, and for that he became a victim of cyber-bullying and a ruthless online smear campaign. Every one of you who participated in the unwarranted character assassination on JBL should be ashamed of yourselves.

I hate Mauro Ranallo and I hate that he's the voice of NXT.

Hate hate hate hate hate.

As a man who has a friend called Adam Cole, I was incredibly disoriented when I saw that name trending this morning until I clicked onwards and found out. Basically, I'm annoyed because I thought my friend's business had taken off in a huge way and now I'm already against everything he does because he unwittingly deceived me this morning.

I think I'd be perfectly happy if Asuka never actually lost a match for the rest of her life.

Yeah I'm right there with you. This was an all world performance. I've been waiting for them to let her work more heelish, and her arm work in this was great. Along with being technically one of the best workers they have Asuka is also one of the most charismatic. I think she should keep getting more heelish and vicious as she tries to hang on to the belt.

Last night made me hate Mauro Ranallo more than I already hated him.

I hate his stupid booming deep voice and I hate his stupid shouty announcing style.

I hate him using a bunch of Hip Hop references on the show last night, like "if you don't know, now you know" or talking about Tupac. Hey Mauro, you're a pudgy middle aged white guy with a bad haircut, not an MTV VJ from the 90's. Stop trying to be cool.

I hate him for trying to shoehorn stupid rhyming schemes into his commentary, seeing how many words in a row he can use that start with the same letter, pretending he's goddamn Howard Cosell. Stop trying to get yourself over and just call the fucking match.

Like Robert says, I hate the way he gives away nearfalls by hysterically proclaiming the match is over when we all know it isn't. Stop trying imitate Vince McMahon when he did play-by-play.

I hate him trying to beat everybody over the head with how much he knows about Pro Wrestling, by trying to cram in as many references to other organizations and other wrestlers from the past, with his stupid "SHADES OF..." calls. Stop trying to impress the voters for the Observer awards.

I hate him so much now, I'm starting to feel sympathy for poor JBL, who was picked on and victimized by all the cruel and heartless Ranallo fans. All JBL ever tried to do was help Mauro be a better announcer, and for that he became a victim of cyber-bullying and a ruthless online smear campaign. Every one of you who participated in the unwarranted character assassination on JBL should be ashamed of yourselves.

I hate Mauro Ranallo and I hate that he's the voice of NXT.

Hate hate hate hate hate.

I think every one of your points is very valid, and I'm not going to really argue any of them...but I quite like Mauro. I like his enthusiasm and because I'm so conditioned to the soundbites and the automated way that all other WWE announcers talk, that anyone that sounds vaguely different is something that appeals to me. I would also say that these days JBL is awful, but I never really had a dog in that fight so don't want to start rehashing any of those arguments again.

Basically, and it doesn't really make any sense, but I quite like Mauro (and for all the crap he got making mistakes on Smackdown, the supposedly more 'polished' Tom Phillips arguably makes more) while at the same time probably agreeing with most of your criticisms and fully appreciating all the things you hate about him!

I also love Nigel McGuninness on commentary, and feel that he is able to be the best partner to guide JR to be good as well.

Outside of the commentary - what a show - one of the best I've seen all year. The presentation and the effort of all involved was top notch, much more enjoyable than the very much bloated Summerslam. And while I love Asuka, I thought Ember Moon was absolutely tremendous in their match. Her facials and what she was putting into the match got me fully invested in her winning to the lovely point of where I was able to leave all smarky thoughts about 'has she been built up enough/is she the right choice to end Asuka's streak) at the door and wanted her to win so badly. Absolutely brilliant match.