Photo

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#21 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8859 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

Damn, South Side of the Sky is still a ****** song, easy.

Ok,, time for Yours Is No Disgrace now. Keeping the long ones to put me to sleep into beautiful dreams.

You may proceed with the wrestling people.

#22 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Also, how do the Hardys and Miz feel knowing they went on before the Cruiserweights? Not a sign your career is on the proper trajectory.

The only person it looks bad on is Jordan. Hardys are permanently over and Miz just needs one good segment on Raw to get himself back.

Do you think this is part of a larger angle where Jordan gets a shot at Miz, or is he on to a new contender?

#23 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1833 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

I don't disagree with you there, sir. The whole angle seemed poorly thought out, in my opinion. I was against them ending Neville's reign since (to me) the way he held that title made it seem like something. Now the continuity of the length of his uninterrupted reign is gone. I was against them moving it for essentially no reason. The last thing that division needs is for their title to become like the US title.

I think we agree more than disagree. If they were going to give Tozawa the title, and they did, they should've run with it. Otherwise, Neville should've kept the title and uninterrupted reign. What we got instead was some half-baked compromise that benefits nobody.

Do you think this is part of a larger angle where Jordan gets a shot at Miz, or is he on to a new contender?

This is my guess, even though it makes no sense to me after Miz dismantled Jordan so cleanly and completely. :\

#24 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

I think we agree more than disagree. If they were going to give Tozawa the title, and they did, they should've run with it. Otherwise, Neville should've kept the title and uninterrupted reign. What we got instead was some half-baked compromise that benefits nobody.

You're right.  I'm not even saying Tozawa doesn't deserve the recognition and a title reign, but to me the deal with Titus as his manager was overshadowing him.  The announcers spent more time talking about Titus Worldwide than they did about Tozawa.  I just don't know if now was the right time to end Neville's reign, and I don't know if the division could sustain a prolonged Tozawa reign...right now.  I can see it eventually, absolutely.  I suppose it would have opened up some new challengers and title matches, but to me Neville is the division right now.  You are absolutely right, I don't see how the way this was handled helped anybody, to be honest.

This is my guess, even though it makes no sense to me after Miz dismantled Jordan so cleanly and completely. :\

Yeah, I figured we were heading for Miz vs. Jordan too...but that win in the six man looked pretty decisive.  Weird.

#25 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Man, either I was late to the party when it comes to appreciating the Usos, or they have really improved.  Since their heel turn they are rapidly becoming my favorite team.

Also, I don't like New Day, but I am a big fan of Big E's cloak. 

And Xavier Woods is excellent at selling, in my opinion.

#26 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

YES YES YES!!!

Outstanding match, which obviously had no place on the damn pre-show.  This whole Usos/New Day feud has been GOLD, I tell you.  Gold, Jerry.  Gold!

As much as I rag on WWE, to me there is no doubt that their Tag Team match style is SO much better than the stupid New Japan/ROH Tag Match style. Good, solid action without all the stupid multi-team spotfests. 

That was outstanding, I got totally caught up in that match.

#27 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

HELL of an opener!  Great tag match there.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of Usos-New Day matches, none of them are the same, and they were clearly motivated to pull out all the stops being on the pre-show

#28 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1761 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Damn what a great tag team match.   It doesn't matter if it is a pre show match they always bring it.  Both teams

#29 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Man, either I was late to the party when it comes to appreciating the Usos, or they have really improved.  Since their heel turn they are rapidly becoming my favorite team.

Also, I don't like New Day, but I am a big fan of Big E's cloak. 

And Xavier Woods is excellent at selling, in my opinion.

You're late to the party, but welcome all comers!

#30 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Then why change the title in the first place, Thread?

Because sometimes being unpredictable is better especially when you've been painfully predictable.

#31 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Didn't think I could like Braun more, then he goes and cuts off one of Heyman's overrated, endless promos.

#32 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Let's get this match over with so Baron Corbin's awful push can finally end.

#33 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

History does not show this to be true, but I would like to think WWE has smartened up and realized the company can have its 7 hour show and only force the live audience to see 3-4 hours of it. This prevents burn out. Its easy for people watching The Network to 'go do something else', but once you are in the arena...that's it. You are there! Takeover last night was Off The Wall and tonight's SummerSlam looks like Invincible. A product that is overly long, cliche, and shouldn't be the product of someone who is considered an icon and innovator in the business.

#34 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

I think Cena wrestling the blowup doll from DDT would be more interesting than this match.

Bad card construction here. The New Day/Usos got everyone warmed up and Corbin murdered them.

#35 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

I think Cena wrestling the blowup doll from DDT would be more interesting than this match.

Bad card construction here. The New Day/Usos got everyone warmed up and Corbin murdered them.

Crowd seemed fine to me, plenty into everything. Good, not great match. I have no idea where Corbin goes from here. 

#36 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4489 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Jordan has been a massive flop thus far.

Well, since the whole deal is for him to turn heel, I think this is all part of the story.
But, what's not on purpose is that ticket/ crowd being let in snafu.

#37 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hopefully down the card. I disagree on the crowd. That's a pretty dead crowd for a Cena match. He's just not good and he got more than enough of a chance to show something.

#38 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

That match was not so good. To me, the word best used to describe Baron Corbin is: plodding.  As in "slow-moving, unexciting...lacking in imagination or intelligence."

There have been those who have said that Cena has held down younger up and coming talent like Wade Barret or Alex Riley. This is the one case where if it's true, I am totally fine with it.

#39 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Cena having the crowd chant for and against him was a really meta burn on the state of Corbin's place in the WWE right now.

#40 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

I remembered this was airing as of Friday, completely forgot about it by Sunday morning. BUT, I'm now doing a "live" blog from the beginning! Death march!

http://segundacaida....summerslam.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users