Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

Ricky Jackson

YES YES YES!!!

Outstanding match, which obviously had no place on the damn pre-show. This whole Usos/New Day feud has been GOLD, I tell you. Gold, Jerry. Gold!

As much as I rag on WWE, to me there is no doubt that their Tag Team match style is SO much better than the stupid New Japan/ROH Tag Match style. Good, solid action without all the stupid multi-team spotfests.

That was outstanding, I got totally caught up in that match.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, either I was late to the party when it comes to appreciating the Usos, or they have really improved. Since their heel turn they are rapidly becoming my favorite team.

Also, I don't like New Day, but I am a big fan of Big E's cloak.

And Xavier Woods is excellent at selling, in my opinion.

You're late to the party, but welcome all comers!

History does not show this to be true, but I would like to think WWE has smartened up and realized the company can have its 7 hour show and only force the live audience to see 3-4 hours of it. This prevents burn out. Its easy for people watching The Network to 'go do something else', but once you are in the arena...that's it. You are there! Takeover last night was Off The Wall and tonight's SummerSlam looks like Invincible. A product that is overly long, cliche, and shouldn't be the product of someone who is considered an icon and innovator in the business.

I think Cena wrestling the blowup doll from DDT would be more interesting than this match.

Bad card construction here. The New Day/Usos got everyone warmed up and Corbin murdered them.

Crowd seemed fine to me, plenty into everything. Good, not great match. I have no idea where Corbin goes from here.

That match was not so good. To me, the word best used to describe Baron Corbin is: plodding. As in "slow-moving, unexciting...lacking in imagination or intelligence."

There have been those who have said that Cena has held down younger up and coming talent like Wade Barret or Alex Riley. This is the one case where if it's true, I am totally fine with it.

That match was not so good. To me, the word best used to describe Baron Corbin is: plodding. As in "slow-moving, unexciting...lacking in imagination or intelligence."

There have been those who have said that Cena has held down younger up and coming talent like Wade Barret or Alex Riley. This is the one case where if it's true, I am totally fine with it.

I think Corbin's work is really good. His stuff is basic, but solid and he's a pretty good bumper and seller. He just doesn't have much in the way of charisma and can't talk for shit.

Wade kept getting injured right when he was getting over. I don't know about Riley, I've heard the stories but it's not like he was a young Cena or something.

I think Corbin's work is really good. His stuff is basic, but solid and he's a pretty good bumper and seller. He just doesn't have much in the way of charisma and can't talk for shit.

Wade kept getting injured right when he was getting over. I don't know about Riley, I've heard the stories but it's not like he was a young Cena or something.

I never saw much in Riley. Seemed pretty mediocre in the ring with some charisma.

To me, Corbin's whole schtick seems to consist of:

Execute a basic maneuver, effectively but slowly and unspectacularly.

Wander around the ring, mug to the crowd and shout at them a bit.

Repeat.

Like I said, plodding.

And I have no proof that Cena ever did hold anybody down, but it has been speculated that he did. Edge and Jericho flat out said on a podcast that he campaigned to squash the Nexus. But whatever, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But if he is going to do that to somebody, it may as well be Corbin, as far as I'm concerned. For a scary moment there, I was worried that Cena was going to put Corbin over before he left for Hollywood to make Transformers movies. I just honestly don't think that Corbin deserves that kind of rub. I don't think he's good enough. Maybe he will be someday. But not today.