Photo

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#41 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

That match was not so good. To me, the word best used to describe Baron Corbin is: plodding.  As in "slow-moving, unexciting...lacking in imagination or intelligence."

There have been those who have said that Cena has held down younger up and coming talent like Wade Barret or Alex Riley. This is the one case where if it's true, I am totally fine with it.

I think Corbin's work is really good. His stuff is basic, but solid and he's a pretty good bumper and seller. He just doesn't have much in the way of charisma and can't talk for shit.

Wade kept getting injured right when he was getting over. I don't know about Riley, I've heard the stories but it's not like he was a young Cena or something.

#42 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Naomi is a really good bumper. I feel like she just needs to learn how to pace and structure a match and she could actually have a lot of potential as a worker.

#43 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

That match was not so good. To me, the word best used to describe Baron Corbin is: plodding.  As in "slow-moving, unexciting...lacking in imagination or intelligence."

There have been those who have said that Cena has held down younger up and coming talent like Wade Barret or Alex Riley. This is the one case where if it's true, I am totally fine with it.

I think Corbin's work is really good. His stuff is basic, but solid and he's a pretty good bumper and seller. He just doesn't have much in the way of charisma and can't talk for shit.

Wade kept getting injured right when he was getting over. I don't know about Riley, I've heard the stories but it's not like he was a young Cena or something.

I never saw much in Riley. Seemed pretty mediocre in the ring with some charisma.

#44 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1698 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Wow didn't think Natalya would actually win the title.   Now it is a question when the cash in happens

Really good match between the two.  Definitely exceeded expectations

Holy fuck that is one of the creepiest PPV promo videos in a while.   :blink:

#45 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Naomi/Nattie was better than it had any right to be. Cut some of the bloat out of the middle and it would have been pretty good.

#46 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Nattie winning clean with no Carmella was about last on the list of things I thought would happen.

#47 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

They need to figure out how to structure these shows. It's not even 8 and they're already losing the crowd.

#48 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

To me, Corbin's whole schtick seems to consist of:

Execute a basic maneuver, effectively but slowly and unspectacularly.

Wander around the ring, mug to the crowd and shout at them a bit.

Repeat.

Like I said, plodding. 

And I have no proof that Cena ever did hold anybody down, but it has been speculated that he did.  Edge and Jericho flat out said on a podcast that he campaigned to squash the Nexus.  But whatever, maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  But if he is going to do that to somebody, it may as well be Corbin, as far as I'm concerned.  For a scary moment there, I was worried that Cena was going to put Corbin over before he left for Hollywood to make Transformers movies.  I just honestly don't think that Corbin deserves that kind of rub.  I don't think he's good enough.  Maybe he will be someday.  But not today.

#49 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

They need to figure out how to structure these shows. It's not even 8 and they're already losing the crowd.

You guys are right.  This crowd is dying and they were HOT during the New Day/Usos match.  Something cooled them off.

#50 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

I'm not an Enzo fan but wow does this promo suck.

#51 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

So this is a 6 hour show and this has been a straight hour of piss break matches.

#52 Coffey

Coffey

@Skelemania

• Members
  • 3793 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

This first hour has been... woof. 

#53 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1698 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Thinking that Enzo would get the crowd back up by bringing up Brooklyn hip hop references was a terrible idea.  

#54 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Damn, trying to watch this match with Enzo dancing and shouting from above the ring is annoying.  Not that it would be all that great anyhow, but still.

#55 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

I would rather watch that Chief Jay Strongbow shark cage match than this.

#56 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 735 posts

LOL at Corey Graves comparing Big Cass to Mike Trout...Me : Big Cass :: Thread Killer : Baron Corbin :)

My God Enzo is annoying. Can they turn him heel and have him become 2017 Jimmy Hart? 

#57 Steve T

Steve T
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Is there a carbon monoxide leak in the arena?

#58 Steve T

Steve T
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

LOL at Corey Graves comparing Big Cass to Mike Trout...Me : Big Cass :: Thread Killer : Baron Corbin :)

Guessing he is not much of a baseball guy.

#59 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

:lol:

#60 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4706 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

This crowd is about to turn ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users