Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-08-19-WWE-NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III] Aleister Black vs Hideo Itami

ShittyLittleBoots

First of all I will admit that I was super disappointed when this match was announced because I really wanted them to do Ohno vs. Itami on a big stage like this. I am very happy of how this match turned out to be though, as it was absolutely amazing. Loved just everything about it - Hideo showcased great character work right from the get go as he got into Aleister's face when he was still making his entrance. That continued from there till finish; Hideo's performance was really damn great. Loved the start of the match with them going right at it, exchanging those hard hitting strikes - that eventually lead to a pretty lengthy heat segment w/ Hideo working over Aleister & I absolutely loved that as well. Hideo was so, so great during this. Aleister also did a great job selling - the blood added to it & his facial expressions were really good. The finish was also really awesome w/ Aleister only surviving because he hit that Black Mass kick - he got his ass kicked by Hideo, but he had enough power to hit that ultimate death finisher. Really well structured w/ fantastic performances by both men, especially Hideo who continues to be one of my favorite wrestlers to watch in 2017. ****1/2

I liked this a lot. I thought they had good chemistry and I think Itami is doing some fanstic work right now (slowing everything down, building his character within the match, becoming really hatable to shine on the people beating him). Everything was crisp for the most part. The kicks where hard. They finished with a mark out shot. Black got a little bloody. Overall this was an excellent match that kept pace in the middle of the show.

**** for me

• GSR changed the title to [2017-08-19-WWE-NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III] Aleister Black vs Hideo Itami