• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Cena got more upset at the beach ball than he ever did at getting booed by half the crowd as top babyface.

#22 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1589 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

The beach ball shit IS really f'n annoying and disrespectful to the guys in the ring.  It's one thing if the show/the matches are the shits, and that wasn't the case here.  Balor-Jordan and the main event were both good matches, and it was a pretty good show overall

Part of it is that they're doing 4 nights a row in the same building in front of what I have to assume are a lot of the same fans.  After NXT, a loooooooooooong SummerSlam, and then a 3+ hour RAW......they're burnt out.  Not a good sign for SD! tomorrow

#23 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

WWE tweeting about the beach ball from their official account has to be one of the stupidest things they've done in a while. Don't encourage it

#24 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8734 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

The Beach Ball is more over than Roman Reigns. They should have Roman throw Beach Balls in the crowd before his matches. Leaping Roman. Merchandise heaven for each summer.

#25 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

I was impressed by how many things they managed to juggle in that Cena-Reigns-Miz-Joe segment. Set up the night's main event, along with a few short-term feuds and long-term feuds for both Cena and Reigns. Really impressive how they did all of that without it being bloated. Cena's Shawn Michaels facial expressions can leave, though.

#26 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

If you didn't know better you'd think Cena was high as a motherfucker during Raw. He was just pulling faces and giggling the whole time.

#27 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

As great as Cesaro tearing up the beach ball was, I'm afraid we'll be seeing beach balls every week now.

#28 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

I was impressed by how many things they managed to juggle in that Cena-Reigns-Miz-Joe segment. Set up the night's main event, along with a few short-term feuds and long-term feuds for both Cena and Reigns. Really impressive how they did all of that without it being bloated. Cena's Shawn Michaels facial expressions can leave, though.

In terms of organising where they want to go, Raw booking has been pretty on point at the top of the card recently. Look at how they gradually built the Rollins/Ambrose reunion into the Miz feud and then transitioned it into the Cesaro/Sheamus programme. Or even the elevation of Braun and Joe to the main event.

It gives me some degree of hope that they've got a plan to extend Braun vs Brock beyond No Mercy and protect the big matches they have on tap.

#29 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Crowd couldn't give less of a fuck about the actual main event until Roman got the hot tag, where only then people started paying attention, and the match picked up. Guess he's not that over...

Anyways, quite the great episode of Raw. Not only they had two EXCELLENT segments (Brock/Lesnar and Cena/Joe/Miz/Roman), but they also had good matches (the main event, Jordan/Balor, Hardys/Shield), and the rest was used to further feuds or put over people like Nia or Elias.

The only low point was Cass' injury. Enzo going batshit insane on twitter was strange, too.

No Mercy will already have a blast of a main event, I just hope they don't give us Roman/Joe vs Cena that soon. I'd take Miz/Joe for the IC belt, tho.

#30 Coffey

Coffey

@Skelemania

• Members
  • 3793 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Roman Reigns or John Cena Beachballs in the WWE Shop in the next couple of days. 

#31 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Cena's usual facial expressions aren't any less goofier to be honest.

As much as I don't like modern WWE crowds, I thought the "You both suck" chant was pretty funny.

#32 clintthecrippler

clintthecrippler
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Roman Reigns or John Cena Beachballs in the WWE Shop in the next couple of days. 

I actually now want them to do that because that might actually kill the beach ball gimmick quick.

Vince: "You like beach balls, eh? Well, now you will like these beach balls with Roman Reigns! And with John Cena! And with...BAYLEY!"

A bunch of neckbeard nerds: "nah, that's okay. We don't wanna play anymore."

#33 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Cena's usual facial expressions aren't any less goofier to be honest.

As much as I don't like modern WWE crowds, I thought the "You both suck" chant was pretty funny.

What bothered me about that segment was how Cena was pulling a Triple H and going off script to try to throw Miz off his promo. If anyone else had marble mouthed the venue name like Miz did, the other person would have just ignored it but John just had to bring it up and call attention to the mistake. 

#34 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

What bothered me about that segment was how Cena was pulling a Triple H and going off script to try to throw Miz off his promo. If anyone else had marble mouthed the venue name like Miz did, the other person would have justignored it but John just had to bring it up and call attention to the mistake.

I wonder if Cena is holding a bit of a grudge over some of the promos Miz cut with Maryse leading up to Wrestlemania, making fun of he and Nikki.  I remember reading at the time that a lot of those segments and promos weren't being tightly scripted and the gloves were off a bit.  I remember a lot of people were expecting Cena to tee off on Miz, but Miz actually came out looking better. To my mind, Miz did a hell of a lot better making Cena look bad in the buildup to that match rather than the other way around. 

There was never really much doubt who was going to win the battle, but I always thought the Miz won the war.

#35 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

Dana Brooke's boyfriend passed away today from what TMZ reported was "choking on food", which if was the actual reason and not code for something else is a cautionary tale that everyone should know basic skills like doing the Heimlich maneuver on yourself using a chair if you find yourself choking and no one else is around. 

#36 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1589 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

That's awful.  :(

#37 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Kevin Owens has decent promos and all but this feud with AJ has change the channel heat with me and really needed to end on Sunday if not a month ago.

He's someone who could use a hiatus in general actually.

#38 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

#39 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

The Kevin Owens/AJ Styles feud is only rivaled by Miz/Dean Ambrose as The Feud That Wouldn't Die.  I watched the opening segment, I was excited about the US Open Challenge, and then Kevin Owens came out.  I almost wept.

Is it just me, or was Bobby Roode's Smackdown debut a little underwhelming?  So he interrupted and then beat Aiden English.  Whoop-de-doo.  Also, is he supposed to be a face?

#40 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

Are you SERIOUS?!  Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users