WWE TV Aug 21-Aug 27

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

The Kevin Owens/AJ Styles feud is only rivaled by Miz/Dean Ambrose as The Feud That Wouldn't Die.  I watched the opening segment, I was excited about the US Open Challenge, and then Kevin Owens came out.  I almost wept.

Is it just me, or was Bobby Roode's Smackdown debut a little underwhelming?  So he interrupted and then beat Aiden English.  Whoop-de-doo.  Also, is he supposed to be a face?

I guess they just fed him English because they assumed he would get a babyface pop with this crowd? With how Corbin and Rusev have been diminished lately, this roster needs heels urgently.

#42 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

Are you SERIOUS?!  Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.

Yes.....and Yes,

He probably fucked over Brock since that was his leverage to get another fat WWE deal too.

#43 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

That was quite the pop for Shelton. This crowd is electric tonight

#44 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.

Are you SERIOUS?!  Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.

Yes.....and Yes,

He probably fucked over Brock since that was his leverage to get another fat WWE deal too.

Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:

He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.

And then...

- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.

- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured.  Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens.  Not only does his refusal to fight cause an entire PPV to be cancelled, in the aftermath Jones basically comes across in the media as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.  

- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.

- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked

- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine.  He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.

- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman.  He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car.  He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.

- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing.  Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.

- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise!  He tests positive for steroids.  He gets suspended again, this time for a year.

- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.

Now he flunks another steroid test.

This guy is a total moron.  He needs to be banned from the sport for life.  He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter.  He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself his prime fighting years by being suspended so often and so long, and cost himself millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.

They say he's looking at a minimum 2 years suspension this time, so I hope Brock didn't have his heart set on that fight.

#45 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Yes.....and Yes,

Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:

He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.

And then...

- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.

- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured.  Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens.  The main problem was how Jones behaves in the media after the show was cancelled.  He basically comes across as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.  

- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.

- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked

- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine.  He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.

- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman.  He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car.  He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.

- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing.  Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.

- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise!  He tests positive for steroids.  He gets suspended again, this time for a year.

- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.

Now he flunks another steroid test.

This guy is a total moron.  He needs to be banned from the sport for life.  He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter.  He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself years of his prime in suspension, and millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.

He's kinda killed Cormier's career in the process too. Nothing he does will really matter now.

People talk about WWE not being in a great position at times but UFC is fucked!

#46 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

I take back everything I said about the Owens/Styles feud.  Inserting Baron Corbin is just what this angle needed to keep it fresh and interesting.

#47 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Transitioning to AJ vs Corbin would be an odd move given how badly they've depushed the guy in the last week but I'm sure AJ will get something decent out of him given the chance.

#48 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Also, is Dolph Ziggler the worst promo of all time?

#49 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

I take back everything I said about the Owens/Styles feud.  Inserting Baron Corbin is just what this angle needed to keep it fresh and interesting.

I don't know if you're a Corbin guy so I legitimately can't tell if this is sarcasm.

#50 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

Cass tore his acl. Usually a 9-12 month rehab process so he might not even make mania next year

Guess this isn't official but wwe thinks it's the case

#51 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

So, for two years in a row Kevin Owens has been featured in a strong candidate for worst feud of the year. Last year, it was against Seth Rollins, and this year, against AJ Styles.

I would very much welcome AJ/Corbin at this point, as they have shown some good chemistry early this year. KO moving to a Shane feud is ok. Will probably feature tons of weapons and batshit insane spots, so I guess Shane can carry him to a good match.

#52 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

I don't even mind both guys but .Shane/Owens being pushed as the biggest thing on SD is preposterous. Like I said I don't even mind Owens but he needs to change or at least alter his character. They tried to do that with the anti American gimmick but it bombed. He worked his best when he had someone to play off of in Jericho so maybe they put him in a team or group. A lot of current acts in wwe seem to work better in groups or teams than as singles. I don't think he's hopeless or anything but he's been portraying the same character pretty much for over 2 years now

#53 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

I'm just scared Shane is going to have a heart attack on live TV given how he turns into a sweaty mess the moment he does anything.

#54 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

I think that's the most time a Cruiserweight match has gotten on RAW, it even had a commercial break!  Crowd got into it too!

What a shock.....give em time and people might care.  Though I do realize it's a hardcore night after SS crowd......

That actually got "This Match Sucks" and boring chants. Thought it was one of the worst reactions to the division yet.

#55 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

The only moments I could recall that the crowd was into the match were during Gran Metalik's batshit insane spots.

#56 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

I don't know if you're a Corbin guy so I legitimately can't tell if this is sarcasm.

There is such a thing as a "Corbin guy"? :blink:

#57 MoS

MoS
  • Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:59 AM

With his self-destructive ways and his penchant for always fucking up just when you think he has finally cleaned up his act, Jon will take to wrestling like a fish to water.

#58 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:46 AM

Back at the end of July, we had this conversation in the WWE TV thread...

So Neville is going to end up facing either Tozawa again, or the other Davari brother at Summerslam?

Ugh. The Cruiserweight division really needs some new blood, or they need to give Gallaher another shot at the title, stat.

Johnny Sorrow suggested this...

Oh, and here's what needs to happen with Enzo. He needs to go to 205 Live, have a DDP-like journey to face Neville, and eventually be Rocky and it's a redemption story. It'll save the fucking show. Neville has been awesome but no one has really been a perfect foe for him. Enzo is it. And put Gable in there as well. He's awesome and has personality to spare.

This needs to happen, ASAP.

Tonight Enzo showed up during the closing segment of 205 Live, (to a substantial reaction from the crowd, which is a rarity on 205 Live) and essentially began an angle with Neville. 

I know, I know...Enzo sucks and he has heat backstage and everybody hates him and this is probably a punishment...

But I liked it, dammit.  I am actually looking forward to this angle.  I know with Gable now teaming with Shelton Benjamin we won't get the second part of Johnny Sorrow's prophecy, but with a couple of other NXT call-ups (Gargano, Lorcan, Burch) this division and show could be saved.  That's a lot of weight to put on the shoulders of Enzo A'more, but who knows...it could happen.

I know it won't happen.

#59 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

I don't even mind both guys but .Shane/Owens being pushed as the biggest thing on SD is preposterous. Like I said I don't even mind Owens but he needs to change or at least alter his character. They tried to do that with the anti American gimmick but it bombed. He worked his best when he had someone to play off of in Jericho so maybe they put him in a team or group. A lot of current acts in wwe seem to work better in groups or teams than as singles. I don't think he's hopeless or anything but he's been portraying the same character pretty much for over 2 years now

Whatever storyline gets to the end result of Owens in a tag team with a certain generic masked wrestler from Tijuana would be highly beneficial to both of them.

#60 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1819 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Who knows....maybe it's not that fructful to take care of an orphanage  in Tijuana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users