So I guess Jon Jones-Brock might end up being in WWE after all, word just came down that Jones failed a drug test after UFC 214 for steroids.
Are you SERIOUS?! Jon Jones may very well be the biggest moron in the history of sports.
He probably fucked over Brock since that was his leverage to get another fat WWE deal too.
Just for fun, let's review the Jon Jones file:
He's undefeated, the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, and on his way to establishing a legacy.
- He totals his car and is charged with Driving Under The Influence.
- He refuses to accept a fight against Chael Sonnen, who was stepping in at the last minute to fight after Dan Henderson got injured. Because he refuses to fight, an entire UFC show is cancelled for the first time ever and UFC 151 never happens. Not only does his refusal to fight cause an entire PPV to be cancelled, in the aftermath Jones basically comes across in the media as the ultimate spoiled athlete, entitled and self absorbed.
- Jones then spends the next couple of years adding to his spoiled and entitled reputation, as he is accused of ducking fights with both Glover Teixiera and Alex Gustafsson. Jones appears to be especially reluctant to face Gustafsson, who many people thought actually beat him the first time they fought. He also adds to his reputation as a dirty fighter for using illegal elbow strikes against Matt Hamill, and also is constantly getting warnings for poking his opponents in the eyes.
- He is accused of writing homophobic slurs on Instagram. In response, Jones claims his phone was stolen and his account was hacked
- He then tests positive for cocaine, and gives an interview implying that is one of the first times he ever took cocaine. He asks for the forgiveness of his fans, but comes across as very insincere.
- He then is involved in a hit and run, where he is involved in a car accident with a pregnant woman. He flees the scene, and drugs are found in his car. He is finally suspended for six months and stripped of his title.
- He swears he is going to stay on the straight and narrow, and then gets arrested for drag racing. Because it's smart to drive like an idiot after you've been arrested for getting in a hit and run.
- He comes back after his suspension and wins the "interim" title but then...surprise! He tests positive for steroids. He gets suspended again, this time for a year.
- He finally comes back after his year long suspension, swears he's changed etc., and wins the title.
Now he flunks another steroid test.
This guy is a total moron. He needs to be banned from the sport for life. He probably won't be, but it really doesn't matter. He's totally sullied whatever legacy he might have had, not to mention that he's literally cost himself his prime fighting years by being suspended so often and so long, and cost himself millions of dollars from missed fights and sponsorships.
They say he's looking at a minimum 2 years suspension this time, so I hope Brock didn't have his heart set on that fight.