Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Aug 21-Aug 27

Ricky Jackson

So, for two years in a row Kevin Owens has been featured in a strong candidate for worst feud of the year. Last year, it was against Seth Rollins, and this year, against AJ Styles.

I would very much welcome AJ/Corbin at this point, as they have shown some good chemistry early this year. KO moving to a Shane feud is ok. Will probably feature tons of weapons and batshit insane spots, so I guess Shane can carry him to a good match.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even mind both guys but .Shane/Owens being pushed as the biggest thing on SD is preposterous. Like I said I don't even mind Owens but he needs to change or at least alter his character. They tried to do that with the anti American gimmick but it bombed. He worked his best when he had someone to play off of in Jericho so maybe they put him in a team or group. A lot of current acts in wwe seem to work better in groups or teams than as singles. I don't think he's hopeless or anything but he's been portraying the same character pretty much for over 2 years now

I think that's the most time a Cruiserweight match has gotten on RAW, it even had a commercial break! Crowd got into it too!

What a shock.....give em time and people might care. Though I do realize it's a hardcore night after SS crowd......

That actually got "This Match Sucks" and boring chants. Thought it was one of the worst reactions to the division yet.

Back at the end of July, we had this conversation in the WWE TV thread...

So Neville is going to end up facing either Tozawa again, or the other Davari brother at Summerslam?

Ugh. The Cruiserweight division really needs some new blood, or they need to give Gallaher another shot at the title, stat.

Johnny Sorrow suggested this...

Oh, and here's what needs to happen with Enzo. He needs to go to 205 Live, have a DDP-like journey to face Neville, and eventually be Rocky and it's a redemption story. It'll save the fucking show. Neville has been awesome but no one has really been a perfect foe for him. Enzo is it. And put Gable in there as well. He's awesome and has personality to spare.

This needs to happen, ASAP.

Tonight Enzo showed up during the closing segment of 205 Live, (to a substantial reaction from the crowd, which is a rarity on 205 Live) and essentially began an angle with Neville.

I know, I know...Enzo sucks and he has heat backstage and everybody hates him and this is probably a punishment...

But I liked it, dammit. I am actually looking forward to this angle. I know with Gable now teaming with Shelton Benjamin we won't get the second part of Johnny Sorrow's prophecy, but with a couple of other NXT call-ups (Gargano, Lorcan, Burch) this division and show could be saved. That's a lot of weight to put on the shoulders of Enzo A'more, but who knows...it could happen.

I know it won't happen.

I don't even mind both guys but .Shane/Owens being pushed as the biggest thing on SD is preposterous. Like I said I don't even mind Owens but he needs to change or at least alter his character. They tried to do that with the anti American gimmick but it bombed. He worked his best when he had someone to play off of in Jericho so maybe they put him in a team or group. A lot of current acts in wwe seem to work better in groups or teams than as singles. I don't think he's hopeless or anything but he's been portraying the same character pretty much for over 2 years now

Whatever storyline gets to the end result of Owens in a tag team with a certain generic masked wrestler from Tijuana would be highly beneficial to both of them.

According to PWMania, Rusev and Lana have asked for their release.

I'd love to see Rusev wrestling in a bunch of promotions, and he could make a whole lot of money. Lana can practically do whatever she wants (besides actually wrestling it seems) so good for them if true.

D-Bry told a story in the E&C podcast that there was a SD talent that told him how frustrated he was because he was doing everything right but the company wouldn't do shit with him. Bryan's advice was that right now was the best time to make money outside WWE since he's been wrestling, and that he could wait for his contract to end and just go work elsewhere....at first I thought he was talking about Harper or even Zayn, but it coul've been Rusev.

That sucks.

Rusev is a guy I would want on my roster no matter what. I've never seen a bad Rusev segment. He's been handed plenty of garbage but nothing was ever bad because of him specifically. The guy went out of his way to make whatever he was doing work.

A big guy who can work with anyone, has tons of personality in which they barely scratched the surface, is believable, can talk.... why can't you find productive uses for someone like that?

According to PWMania, Rusev and Lana have asked for their release.

I'd love to see Rusev wrestling in a bunch of promotions, and he could make a whole lot of money. Lana can practically do whatever she wants (besides actually wrestling it seems) so good for them if true.

Indeed. They could have been a real star act for the company in the long run, both as babyfaces and heels. WWE's inept booking made sure it wouldn't happen past that one Mania match against Cena.

If it's not true, well, good luck to them, they seem to not be in any plans whatsoever at this point. Gotta have those Jinders and Cass on TV.

I read that Lana turned down the rumors, but I do hope they at least consider their options whenever their contracts are up. I brought this up in my blog but the past two SummerSlams have been really telling regarding Rusev. Last year, they had Reigns destroy him before the bell so the actual match never happens. This year, he beats up Orton but then loses to an RKO in record time - so an actual match never happens.

Is it me or does it seems like maybe, just maybe, in both instances there was a fear that the live crowd would cheer Rusev over his opponents if they were to actually wrestle a match? In a sense, the one way Reigns ever gets resounding cheers is when he's just destroying someone and Orton's finisher is his guaranteed pop, so it certainly seems like they made a conscious decision in both scenarios to get the reactions they wanted.

...which is, again, so counterproductive to what their intended goal to be as a profit-seeking company.

It pains me as a gamer to say it, but holy shit does Neville come off as a giant nerd in those Rocket League spots. I know it's apparently his IRL look but manbun and glasses Neville makes the King of the Cruiserweights look like he gets shoved in every locker.

It pains me as a gamer to say it, but holy shit does Neville come off as a giant nerd in those Rocket League spots. I know it's apparently his IRL look but manbun and glasses Neville makes the King of the Cruiserweights look like he gets shoved in every locker.

Mark Henry was on MVPs podcast he said he gave Neville the suggestion on turning heel and working like a heel, its been best for him so far. I hope Enzo can at least come out of his program with Neville a lot less clumsy in the ring.

That sucks.

Rusev is a guy I would want on my roster no matter what. I've never seen a bad Rusev segment. He's been handed plenty of garbage but nothing was ever bad because of him specifically. The guy went out of his way to make whatever he was doing work.

A big guy who can work with anyone, has tons of personality in which they barely scratched the surface, is believable, can talk.... why can't you find productive uses for someone like that?

Because Angle, Bryan, and Shane need to get over.