WWE TV Aug 21-Aug 27

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1173 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

According to PWMania, Rusev and Lana have asked for their release.

I'd love to see Rusev wrestling in a bunch of promotions, and he could make a whole lot of money. Lana can practically do whatever she wants (besides actually wrestling it seems) so good for them if true.

D-Bry told a story in the E&C podcast that there was a SD talent that told him how frustrated he was because he was doing everything right but the company wouldn't do shit with him. Bryan's advice was that right now was the best time to make money outside WWE since he's been wrestling, and that he could wait for his contract to end and just go work elsewhere....at first I thought he was talking about Harper or even Zayn, but it coul've been Rusev.

#62 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1585 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

That sucks.

Rusev is a guy I would want on my roster no matter what. I've never seen a bad Rusev segment. He's been handed plenty of garbage but nothing was ever bad because of him specifically. The guy went out of his way to make whatever he was doing work.

A big guy who can work with anyone, has tons of personality in which they barely scratched the surface, is believable, can talk.... why can't you find productive uses for someone like that?

#63 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Knowing this company, I'd wager there's people in charge pissed that their petty ass high school attempts to break them up didn't work.

#64 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8978 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Rusev asking for their release appears to be completely made up by Bill Bhatti of Sportskeedia, who's spread fake news before. 

#65 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8734 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

According to PWMania, Rusev and Lana have asked for their release.

I'd love to see Rusev wrestling in a bunch of promotions, and he could make a whole lot of money. Lana can practically do whatever she wants (besides actually wrestling it seems) so good for them if true.

Indeed. They could have been a real star act for the company in the long run, both as babyfaces and heels. WWE's inept booking made sure it wouldn't happen past that one Mania match against Cena.

If it's not true, well, good luck to them, they seem to not be in any plans whatsoever at this point. Gotta have those Jinders and Cass on TV.

#66 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

I read that Lana turned down the rumors, but I do hope they at least consider their options whenever their contracts are up. I brought this up in my blog but the past two SummerSlams have been really telling regarding Rusev. Last year, they had Reigns destroy him before the bell so the actual match never happens. This year, he beats up Orton but then loses to an RKO in record time - so an actual match never happens.

Is it me or does it seems like maybe, just maybe, in both instances there was a fear that the live crowd would cheer Rusev over his opponents if they were to actually wrestle a match? In a sense, the one way Reigns ever gets resounding cheers is when he's just destroying someone and Orton's finisher is his guaranteed pop, so it certainly seems like they made a conscious decision in both scenarios to get the reactions they wanted.

...which is, again, so counterproductive to what their intended goal to be as a profit-seeking company.

#67 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

It pains me as a gamer to say it, but holy shit does Neville come off as a giant nerd in those Rocket League spots. I know it's apparently his IRL look but manbun and glasses Neville makes the King of the Cruiserweights look like he gets shoved in every locker.

#68 ZThomas

ZThomas
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

It pains me as a gamer to say it, but holy shit does Neville come off as a giant nerd in those Rocket League spots. I know it's apparently his IRL look but manbun and glasses Neville makes the King of the Cruiserweights look like he gets shoved in every locker.

Mark Henry was on MVPs podcast he said he gave Neville the suggestion on turning heel and working like a heel, its been best for him so far. I hope Enzo can at least come out of his program with Neville a lot less clumsy in the ring. 

#69 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

That sucks.

Rusev is a guy I would want on my roster no matter what. I've never seen a bad Rusev segment. He's been handed plenty of garbage but nothing was ever bad because of him specifically. The guy went out of his way to make whatever he was doing work.

A big guy who can work with anyone, has tons of personality in which they barely scratched the surface, is believable, can talk.... why can't you find productive uses for someone like that?

Because Angle, Bryan, and Shane need to get over. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users