World Cast: A WCCW Review

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

20994369_1959515667650903_24004945601170

Episode #1

http://placetobenati...view-episode-1/

Pete, Kelly and Johnny are back in action with this all-new podcast devoted to a chronological look at WCCW's World Class TV show, as found on the WWE Network. First up is January 2, 1982. There is a different host and different theme music. "Big Daddy" Bundy is wearing jeans and a rope belt, and Kevin Von Erich is wearing wrestling boots. Yes, this isn't the World Class everyone knows and loves quite yet!
Sit back and enjoy this journey through a bygone era with the boys, it's going to be a blast!

#2 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1127 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

So excited for this, guys!

#3 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Please pardon my over enthusiasm here. I was just jazzed to do a show with the boys again.

And high.

#4 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

:o I just start watching this stuff and the band gets back together

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Wow, Awesome. And Kelly too! Excited to listen to this.

#6 kingliam

kingliam
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Really looking forward to this.

#7 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

Episode #2

http://placetobenati...view-episode-2/

January 9, 1982

Papa Fritz is Here! The master of the Iron Claw invades the commentary booth and poor Gene Goodson wishes he was back doing ads for North Central Ford in Richardson, TX. Tonight's big main event is Kerry Von Erich vs. The Great Kabuki, and in addition to that Pete, Kelly and Johnny talk about Fritz, Bill Irwin, Armand Hussian, Jose Lothario, Killer Tim Brooks and Captain Frank Dusek. Sit back and enjoy another fun episode of World Cast!

#8 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Tune in to hear us talk about the most bonkers commentary situation I've ever seen or heard on a pro wrestling show.

#9 Woof

Woof
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

For reasons I can't explain, the timing on the PTBN add-drop on EP2 cracked me up. You guys were nerding out over comic book references and we get:

Johnny: Top that, geeks.

Kelly: I can't.

Pete: I can't either.

(beat)

Lord Alfred Hayes: Promotional consideration paid for by the following!

Too funny.

#10 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Haha...yeah, any time here or in the past when I forget to properly break for ads I try to find a natural moment to insert them. If you thought this was good, wait until the next show for an almost perfect unplanned ad break

#11 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Episode #3

http://placetobenati...view-episode-3/

February 6, 1982

People complain about the Mae Young Classic having bad commentary. Please. It's nothing compared to the nightmare team of Gene Goodson and Armand Hussian from this episode. This is BAD commentary, folks. Pete, Johnny, and Kelly try to ignore it long enough to analyze the action, which features Richard Blood (not one of the great Richard Blood's, but he's alright), Jose Lothario, Big Daddy Bundy, Bugsy McGraw vs. Al Madril in an American title match, Larry Higgins (?), Tony Torrez (???) and El Negro Assassin (?!?!?!?). Sit back and enjoy another waltz across Texas with the boys!

#12 Shrike02

Shrike02
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Life, the universe, and everything.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Ok given how I have already watched this episode of TV, I will have to give this a listen to see how Pete and Johnny react to the commentary. I already know what Kelly thinks. ;)

#13 Woof

Woof
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Haha...yeah, any time here or in the past when I forget to properly break for ads I try to find a natural moment to insert them. If you thought this was good, wait until the next show for an almost perfect unplanned ad break

Just listened. That was amazing. A tip of the cap to you, sir.

#14 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

I just heard that ad drop. Kelly's the fucking best.

#15 Karl

Karl
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

I love the hell out of this show.

#16 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9059 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Episode #4

https://soundcloud.c...cast-09-12-2017

It's episode 4 and Pete and Johnny are minus one while Kelly enjoys his honeymoon.

The wrestling might not have been a homerun, but the Gene Goodson was on fire. Kerry and Kevin talking rats, and love Letters. Gary Hart as the gold standard. This was a blast to talk about.

#17 Woof

Woof
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Johnny is at his best when the product is at its worst. I feel like him watching early ECW would be podcast gold.

#18 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Johnny is at his best when the product is at its worst. I feel like him watching early ECW would be podcast gold.

It's so easy and boring to talk about shit that's great. What's fun is delving into the stuff that evolves into the famous shit.

#19 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9059 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

https://soundcloud.c...st-5-09-19-2017

WCCW 10 2/27/82

Kelly is still on his honeymoon so It's Johnny and I having fun.

We start off with some Bobby Heenan stories. Then we shift to the episode. Mark Lowrance replaces Gene Goodson. Still Johnny finds stuff to laugh about. Rempalgo Leon impresses. Gary Hart kills it on his promo . Bundy showing some early badassness. Plus a bunch of other stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users