• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Pretty much, the mask is the prize. Plus it's a way to get heat when you're disrespecting someone by tearing up the mask.

#22 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4111 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Sexy Star and Lady Shani were apparently shooting in the womens' match and Sexy hurt Rosemary with the finishing armbar.

saw the finish.  As unprofessional as it gets.  God damn

#23 Tim Cooke

Tim Cooke
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1532 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Tryout trios on preshow was as good of a spotfest as I've seen in years

#24 bucky

bucky
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

Is that dark match trios available to watch anywhere? For that matter, is the show up as a VOD on Twitch still?

#25 Tim Cooke

Tim Cooke
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1532 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:41 AM

It's on VOD on Twitch

#26 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1783 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

I assume you mean the 2nd tryout match which was damn fun because the first one was absolutely horrible

#27 Tim Cooke

Tim Cooke
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1532 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

Yea the second match

#28 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

So, Sexy Star is very officialy a complete bitch. I wasn't crazy about her in LU, although they did the best job possible with her storyline of getting the title, but this shit completely kills whatever tolerance I had for this girl. Hopefully she isn't part of the cast if they ever do a fourth season.

#29 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1327 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:05 AM

Not being a smart aleck, but how do we know this is not an angle? It looked like any other armbar I have ever seen. 

#30 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10265 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

Not being a smart aleck, but how do we know this is not an angle? It looked like any other armbar I have ever seen. 

Because we loathe Sexy Star and like Taya, obviously. Let us riot in peace. 

#31 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

Because it has pretty much been reported as a fact by various sources and that Rosemary's statement online doesn't exactly screams "shoot-angle !" either (much like the the reactions of other workers from different companies on Twitter supporting her, including Road Dog & Cody Rhodes, who really have no business interest in AAA).

Because we loathe Sexy Star and like Taya, obviously. Let us riot in peace. 

That too I guess.

It's not like Star had the greatest reputation before.

#32 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1327 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

She never got over Johnny Ace calling her fat and ugly at that try out. 

#33 WrestlingPower

WrestlingPower
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

How does this Twitch thing work?  I added the Roku channel last night & all I saw was a bunch of gaming stuff.  Is there a AAA "section"?

#34 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

Every source seemed to think the Taya/Vampiro angle was real, too. I don't know what to believe, anymore, with AAA. All I know is that my takeaway, with regard to either outcome, is "Vampiro sucks".

#35 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10265 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Generally, even if it's not a work, if there's money to be made, they'll find a way to eventually make an angle out of it and everything will end up all the more blurred.

That's pro wrestling for you.

#36 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

How does this Twitch thing work?  I added the Roku channel last night & all I saw was a bunch of gaming stuff.  Is there a AAA "section"?

It is a gaming live stream platform predominantly so the vast majority will be gaming, to find the aaa stuff search for user luchalibreaaa. Then on their videos section you will find tripplemania.

#37 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Any reviews of this out there? Did the match live up to the hype?

Saw this on twitter:

Dr. Wagner & Psycho Clown, airing on a slight delay, got a 22.8 rating in Mexico.

McGregor & Maywether got a 19.9.

#38 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

It's generally assumed now that the Taya/Vampiro stuff was legit and everything else following with Johnny Mundo was angle. Also AAA has been at fault here for creating the monster by bending over backwards to cater to someone who's spit in their face at every opportunity. 

#39 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

I had thought Cubsfan alluded to it all being a work as the promos cut by Morrison predate the actual Vampiro/Taya issue. Regardless, Sexy Star is Sexy Star and she seemed to not take kindly to a move by Shani early on and then the spear by Rosemary at the end.

#40 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Rewatching the version of the main event that aired on TV, and it's still a good match. Like most AAA matches it benefits from editing, but it was a good mix of bloody AAA brawl and heated mask match. Most of the time mask matches with guys at Wagner's level have a harder time getting heat since usually it's clear they aren't losing, but people were in it the whole way.

I still think it's fitting that after all this time Wagner turned out to be The Most Interesting Man in the World.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users