Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/28-9/4

sek69

And realistically, women's wrestling being taken seriously in a "major" US promotion in the modern era began in 2007 with TNA when Dutch Mantell decided he wanted to showcase the girls and they signed Amazing Kong to feud with Gail Kim. But that's beside the point.

The fact WWE can't stand people getting over on their own is immensely stupid and a big part of what's wrong with them. That was the point of the whole business. "Go get over !".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of the most frustrating aspects of WWE, both as a fan and to the performers, is hearing HHH or Vince going on and on about brass rings and all that bullshit knowing full well anyone who does that just gets smacked back down if they weren't someone the company was already planning to push.

I don't get why they do it either. If I'm running a company and someone I wasn't planning to push suddenly starts getting a following for whatever reason, why not go with it? If it works, great, everyone makes money. If it doesn't, no harm done since I wasn't planning to do anything with the guy anyway. It just smacks of petty "I decide who gets over, not you" stupidity, which makes stuff like Cena's quasi-shoot on Roman even more eye rolling when he has the balls to say the fans have always had the power.