Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-15-Michinoku Pro] Tiger Mask IV & Jody Fleisch & Oscar Sevilla & Genki Horiguchi vs Gran Apache & Psicosis & Maniaco & Histeria

soup23

This was more of a spotfest too like the Backseat Boyz tag I just watched but I liked it a bit more for how tight it was and Apache punching the shit out of Sevilla right in the face. Everything about this felt part foreign and also part comfortable with the rudos really heeling it up and putting a beat down All of the faces also were able to take a beat down at points and then dish it out at others. You had the young up and comers in Sevilla, Fleisch showing some flash and Horiguchi still rocking the surfer gimmick. TM is a bit more established and he acts appropriately. Overall, a really fun and unique tag. **** (7.8)

• 2 months later...

I thought Gran Apache and Oscar Sevilla were fantastic in this. Apache is just so smooth and also brings appropriate aggression as evidenced by one of the most beautiful right hands you will ever see on Sevilla. Also his angry post-match attack throwing around Fleisch. Apache and Sevilla have a mesmerizing and beautiful exchange of complex arm drags in the middle of the match that was great. Genki looked like he had a pretty good base set of skills in this while Fleisch was pretty green but still showed great athleticism. A match like a good enjoyable snack.

***1/2

• 1 month later...

Apache and Oscar were good but I think I was most impressed by Jody. Sure he's a flippy guy but I think he does it well. The spot where the rudos do the catapult throw and he lands on his feet was impressive. I also liked his dive with Oscar when the tecnicos got a little offense. Sill, this was too much rudo beat down for my taste and it wasn't the good rudo beatdowns like with the Infernales.The Vipers weren't up to Apache's level. OK match.

• 2 weeks later...

This was somewhat of a partial AAA showcase on a Michinoku Pro show with los Vipers, Apache and Oscar. I thought Apache was the best performer in this match with his stiff right hands and his exchanges with Oscar. I agree Jody Fleisch looked better here than he usually does as he hit all of his spot nicely.

Good showcase.

***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-15-Michinoku Pro] Tiger Mask IV & Jody Fleisch & Oscar Sevilla & Genki Horiguchi vs Gran Apache & Psicosis & Maniaco & Histeria

This was a fun match but it was too long and outstayed its welcome. Gran Apache was a badass motherfucker and I thought the Vipers were pretty cool too. Weak babyface team, though. Too disconnected from one another and no chemistry to speak of. I agree with Tim that it was too rudo heavy. The crowd brawling was fun though since the audience didn't have chairs and had to leave their belongings behind every time the wrestlers came barging through.