Billy Jack Haynes defeated Billy Smith

The Sheepherders defeated Randy Wilson & Michael Fields

Tom Zenk defeated Jerry Gallow

Demolition defeated Casey Strong & Mack Stevens

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling

Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura

Matches from: Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

-Vince and Jesse spend the opener putting over the big MSG card on September the 30th with Hulk Hogan defending against Nikita Koloff inside a steel cage. They put over the MSG card tomorrow night on the MSG Network highlighted by Andre the Giant vs Nikita Koloff, Kerry Von Erich & Jake Roberts vs The One Man Gang & Sika, and the big Handicap Match with Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake taking on Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation. They put over the big feuds of Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake, along with Kerry and Jake vs the Monsters Inc., and finally the new feud with Bad News Brown and Manny Fernandez stemming from last week’s big battle royal.

Nikita Koloff killed Frankie Rogers (stretcher job)

Hulk Hogan: I can tell you something right now… when that cage door is slammed and the spotlight is on you Nikita Koloff… I am going to have goosebumps the size of watermelons brother. I cannot wait to step into that ring, inside that steel, one on one and find out just who is the better man. I know for all the talk and all the jive it is going to come down to heart and Nikita Koloff, I have got the biggest heart in the world and it is filled with the Millions and Millions of Hulkamaniacs and WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN WE OPEN UP THAT HEART ATTACK ON YOU!!!

Brutus Beefcake defeated Natron Fredricks

Jimmy Hart: So Brutus Beefcake goes out and enlists the help of Hulk Hogan?!? Hogan I don’t know what you are thinking pal… you have got too much on your plate to try the Hart Foundation… but I have spoken to the Hammer, the Hitman, and the Anvil. We have got a special place picked out for you and you Beefcake are going to be right at home when all is said and done!

The Fantastics defeated Huey Johnson & Mickey Hughes

Bobby Heenan: I guess you boys think you deserve a shot at the World Tag Team titles… well trust me when I say that it is a fluke and in no way do you really deserve that shot. You call yourself Fantastics… well let me be the first to pop that bubble and let you know that you are nothing more that blips on the radar of the true Dynamic Duo of Wrestling and without a doubt the greatest tag team in all of professional wrestling. You are going to find that out the hard way.

Bad News Brown defeated: Kenny Wilton

Manny Fernandez: Everyone keeps asking me about this feud between me and Bad News Brown… I didn’t know there was a feud… but Bad News… if you want a fight… I got one waiting for you brother!

Kerry Von Erich defeated Ben Dicks

Gary Hart: Kerry Von Erich, I have been in wars with you all over this country… now I have amassed an Army that is second to none and tomorrow night, we are going to strike a blow that you simply can’t recover from!

WWF Live

9/1/85

Long Island, NY – The Nassau Coliseum

MAIN EVENT

$50,000 Battle Royal

Andre the Giant won the Battle Royal last eliminating Ivan & Nikita Koloff

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Greg Valentine

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © defeated Billyjack Haynes

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino & Adams © defeated The Fantastics

WWF live on The MSG Network

Your hosts: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura

*Dark Match*

The Rock N Roll Express defeated Los Conquistadors

-The show opens with Gorilla and Jesse putting over this show and how they will be in MSG once every 4 weeks, bring you the greatest in professional wrestling. The next time will of course be the big MAIN EVENT on Monday the 30th of September with Hulk Hogan taking on Nikita Koloff inside the steel cage. They put over the big card tonight as we head to the ring for our opening contest!

The Fantastics vs The Sheepherders

-A really fun opener with the Fantastics and Sheepherders as they put together a great 12-minute opener. The Herders get some big time heat from this MSG crowd and really work them into a frenzy working over the Fantastics but Tommy and Bobby find a way to fight back in a big way. We see some real heavy hitting as the final moments occur and the finish sees all four men fighting outside the ring with the referee counting and then a pair of dropkicks before the Fantastics jump back in the ring before the 10-count and get the victory. The Herders grab chairs and attempt to get back after them before security comes out to break things up...

Scott Casey vs Bad News Brown

-A pretty good showcase for Bad News who works over Scott Casey for a good 8-minutes. He hits a great side judo slam to set up for a nasty kick to the throat that puts Casey down for the 3-count. Bad News then gets vicious when trying to injure Casey before we see Manny Fernandez run out and they almost go at it before Bad News walks off!

Barry Windham & Demolition vs Rick Rude, Hercules, & Chris Adams w/ Bobby Heenan

-A fun six-man here with some big time talent. This one gets a good 18-minutes of action with all six-men getting some shine. Barry Windham is the true star of this one though and he is white hot and he has got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Demolition have also got a lot of love from the crowd and we see them control a lot of the action. The finish lines up for Demolition to isolate Chris Adams while outside the ring we hear a chair shot that CRACKS Barry Windham’s head WIDE open. He is bleeding like a stuck pig out there but the referee never sees any of it. Meanwhile in the ring we see a double spinebuster on Adams by Demolition to set up the pinfall victory. They work the crowd until they see that Barry Windham is outside the ring in a pool of his own blood. They go to check on him as the crowd is ravaged after Heenan and company.

Andre the Giant vs Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan Koloff

-First time back in the Garden for Andre the Giant and folks it is big time! He and Nikita Koloff have got MSG shaking right now as the crowd is going NUTS! Ivan is outside of the ring working the fans up while Gorilla and Jesse put this over in the biggest way. This one only goes about 6-minutes with a lot of strikes. Andre is able to work over Nikita but the Russian Nightmare fights back and we get to see some of his power. It is just a taste of something that could be as it leads to Ivan getting involved with the Russian chain. This causes the DQ victory for Andre but then a Russian Chain loaded Russian Sickle puts Andre in the ropes and the Russians are going to work on him. They are pounding away before Hulk Hogan comes out to chase them off! He helps Andre out of the ropes as they stand tall and look on at the Russians who may have lost the battle but the war is far, far from over.

*INTERMISSION*

-Gorilla and Jesse are back putting this over in a big way. They talk about the Russians and Hulk Hogan. They put over the issue with Barry Windham and Rick Rude and talk about how he has been taken to local medical facility to get help. We have got four more big matches coming up here tonight as we head to the ring for our second half!

Kerry Von Erich & Jake Roberts vs One Man Gang & Sika w/ Gary Hart

-This one has been brewing for a while and we see OMG and Sika working well together under Gary Hart’s guise. Kerry and Jake don’t really mesh well, but hey go well enough to get the crowd going. Jake is really becoming a face who can sell better than any other in the business. He shows off being hurt and being so close to being out better than anyone. When he makes the hot tag to Kerry, the crowd explodes and he comes in like a house of fire, going from pillar to post. We even see him slam Sika to a big pop from the crowd. Gang comes over to hold things off but Roberts comes out of nowhere to take him out of the ring to the floor. Kerry Von Erich them nails Sika with a big discus punch but it doesn’t work as he hits the ropes for a big superman style punch and Sika goes down for the 1….2…..3! Jake and Kerry get the big victory as they work the crowd. We see the Missing Link come out as this one is about to break loose again before officials and agents break things up.

Billyjack Haynes vs Gino Hernandez w/ Bobby Heenan

-Another good contest with these two guys that have seen one another before. Gino is SUCH a heat magnet. He is working the crowd into a frenzy by just strutting around the ring. Billyjack shows off some really good skills and his power but Gino has a prowess that is second to none. He has got to have the World Title on his radar and it is only a matter of time. The finish sees Billyjack go for the Full Nelson but Heenan pulls his foot to get his attention before Gino headbutts him right in the jaw and knocks his attention for a whack before rolling him up for a quick 3-count and getting out of the ring. He works the fans but they are tossing debris and ready to rip him apart!

Tito Santana vs Kamala w/ Friday

-Gorilla and Jesse really put over Santana’s #1 contendership for the IC title in this great contest against the monster that is Kamala. These guys go for about 12-minutes and Kamala looks to be the most devastating man in wrestling with his handling of Santana but “Chico” fights back with a true warrior’s passion. He throws some big shots at Kamala before nailing a big dropkick that has got the big man rocked. Tito then hits the ropes and nails a flying forearm and it is time perfectly for Kamala to fly over the top rope right as Friday grabbed on and he goes to the floor. He is trying to shake the cobwebs out but nothing doing as the referee hits 10 and we have got a winner! Tito works the crowd and makes the sign for the title… could it be his… when will he get his shot to face the Macho King?!?

MAIN EVENT

HANDICAP MATCH

Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake vs Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-A very interesting main event with Hogan and Brutus teaming. One has to wonder if Brutus needs the rub from the Hulkster to get over the proverbial hump. It works tonight, but one has to wonder if they even notice Beefcake out there with Hogan. Regardless, we get a fun 15-minute main event. The highlight is seeing a young Bret Hart in there with Hulk Hogan for a couple of moments. The Anvil actually does some great work with Hogan and Beefcake for that matter. Valentine is a true pro and someone who has got title aspirations in mind down the line. The finish is pretty expectable with Hogan double clotheslining Bret and Valentine over the top to the floor. The Anvil is in the sleeper hold but then Brutus throws him to Hogan who hits the big boot and then the leg drop for the 3-count. Hogan and Brutus are posing for the crowd before we see Nikita Koloff and Ivan walk out. Nikita is on the ring apron… jacked to the gills. He looks at Hogan with scary stare… Hogan is welcoming him in the ring and it could break through at any moment… these guys will be inside a steel cage on the 30th of September live on NBC and the MSG Network… watch it all unfold!

The MSG card was as good as it gets! Star power from top to bottom....

The Hogan/Nikita thing is huge and makes you wonder what the WWF would be like with a heel champ. From Bruno to Backlund to Hogan, the WWF has been a baby face town where the heel champs are just holding place champs setting up the next babyface but with heels like Nikita, Gino and Savage, it makes you wonder.

The MSG card was as good as it gets! Star power from top to bottom....

The Hogan/Nikita thing is huge and makes you wonder what the WWF would be like with a heel champ. From Bruno to Backlund to Hogan, the WWF has been a baby face town where the heel champs are just holding place champs setting up the next babyface but with heels like Nikita, Gino and Savage, it makes you wonder.

I agree... and who is the right person and when is the right time. I mean at this point in 1985, Hogan is as close to 100% untouchable as anyone in the history of the sport. The person who beats him would get the rub of all rubs... almost to the point where it would kill Hogan if he wasn't able to get his revenge that quickly. You do a swap and you think WrestleMania is the time for the revenge but damn if Hogan had to chase I wonder what business would be like and just how many people would have to be thrown in his way before he got the shot. Then once he gets it... who does he face in the aftermath to keep business worthwhile.

All a lot of crazy stuff to try and think about. If I had Flair and the Horsemen... I could pull that trigger... but without that kind of a stable or stability on the heel side... I just have no clue if it could work and be profitable.

Lowblow... Great points about Hogan but I think that is why some people, myself included, were not huge fans of the WWF in real life. You do a great job on keeping us on our toes with such creativity but when I was a kid I always hoped someone would roll away or kick out from that leg drop but it didn't happen! Even though I grew up in NY, I became a fan of places like Georgia, Florida, Texas and the UWF. I always thought anything could happen.

You are so good at planning, I am sure you have it all worked out! I have my thoughts but will have to see what happens.

WWF on Tour

Portland, ME – Civic Center

Bangor, ME – Auditorium

Atlantic City, NJ – Convention Center

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated Nikita Koloff & Ivan Koloff

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino & Adams © defeated the Fantastics

Kerry Von Erich defeated Kamala

Jake Roberts defeated Sika

One Man Gang defeated SD Jones

Billyjack Haynes defeated Hercules

Rick Rude defeated Scott Casey

WWF on Tour

Elizabeth, NJ – Dunn Recreation Center

Waterville, ME – Civic Center

Wildwood, NJ – Convention Hall

Randy Savage © vs Barry Windham went to a 60-minute draw

Tito Santana defeated the Missing Link

Demolition vs The Hart Foundation went to a double DQ

Greg Valentine defeated Brutus Beefcake

Bad News Brown defeated Manny Fernandez

The Sheepherders defeated Paul Roma & Tom Zenk

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan

Matches from: Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

-An interesting kick off the Challenge this week as Gorilla Monsoon is GRILLING Bobby Heenan about some news he heard over the weekend. Gorilla says that he heard someone reached out to Heenan to form an alliance to rid the WWF of Hulk Hogan. Heenan says he didn’t know anything about that and was never promised any money… but said he knew who was. This led to Gorilla putting the stick to him and Bobby letting is squeek that Gary Hart has a new car this week and it wasn’t anything he knew about...

Nikita Koloff killed Jim Jeffries - Stretcher Job

Hulk Hogan: Well Nikita Koloff… I can tell you right now brother… I have got chills from my nose to my toes. I have got goosebumps all up and down my back thinking about what I am going to do to you inside that steel cage dude. Now I have been hearing the rumors about the benefactor. It seems like there is some kind of collusion with you and Gary Hart’s monsters. Well brother, I have got the biggest man in the world outside the ring to keep control and there is nothing you are going to be able to do to stop Hulkamania from running WILD ALL OVER YOU!

Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Hank Johnson

Billy Jack: Hercules, you call yourself the strongest man in the world… well the measure of a man is not by his biceps or how much he can lift… it is by his heart. I have got enough heart for the state of Oregon and I am going to show you why they are all behind Billyjack Haynes!

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated Rocky Richards & Willy Ghoust

-A pretty good showcase for Roma and Powers who have begin to move up the ranks in the world of the WWF. They have got a good following with the crowd. They have got a great finisher with the Powerslam/Flying splash combo. It is only a matter of time before they get a chance to really shine.

Demolition defeated Niko Benedict & Tom Rusev

Jimmy Hart: You know something Demolition, you two dudes are some of the ugliest men I have ever seen…. And that is WITH the face paint on! You see my Hart Foundation are not only two of the most handsome men around, but they are two of the toughest. Like I said before, when it comes to a shot at the world tag team titles… you two are right in our path and we are coming to make sure you get exactly what you deserve… NOTHING!

Kerry Von Erich vs The Missing Link w/ Gary Hart (in a slick new suit)

-Let the rumors run rampant as Gary Hart is dressed to the 9s. He has got a slick new outfit on and he has got his man, the Missing Link ready to go. We see Link give Kerry a good run for his money, but Link doesn’t have what it takes to go up against the Modern Day Warrior. We see Kerry get the crowd going before delivering a couple of HUGE shots including that flying “Warrior Punch” as he calls it now that puts Link down and then Kerry locks in the claw and gets the 3-count. The story of the match is Bobby and Gorilla putting over the big feud between Von Erich/Roberts and Monsters Inc and what has been going on with this supposed benefactor and what will happen at the Main Event!

WWF Live

9/7/85

Pittsburgh, PA – Civic Arena

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan defeated Nikita Koloff via DQ

Andre the Giant & Demolition defeated One Man Gang, Kamala, & Ivan Koloff

Randy Savage © defeated Kerry Von Erich

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics defeated Gino & Adams via DQ

Barry Windham & Billyjack Haynes defeated Rick Rude & Hercules

Jake Roberts defeated the Missing Link

superstarslogo.png

-Much like Challenge, we get Vince and Jesse really going back and forth about this benefactor business. Jesse says he doesn’t know what is going on but knows that some money was spread around to a couple of different men to make sure that Nikita Koloff won the cage match and walked out with the title on the 30th. Vince is appalled and wonders who could be behind all of this and again goes to Bobby Heenan who he thinks is behind the happening.

Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Kenny George, Mike Daniels, & Willy Jackson

-A good showcase for the six-man team of the Hart Foundation. Vince & Jesse put over their feuds with Brutus Beefcake and Demolition respectively and how Jimmy Hart is going to be bringing in some extra artillery when he gets the chance. The Hart Foundation hit the Hart Attack on Daniels for the 3-count. These guys are as strong a unit as they come right now.

Andre the Giant defeated Jimmy Jeffries & Vincent Marcano

Ivan Koloff: I don’t know why I hear this talk of money and benefactor. Andre the Giant… I tell you this… you may think you have easy job outside steel cage. You may think you will have control over Nikita, but the Russian Nightmare holds for no one. The Russian Nightmare will unleash his will on Hulk Hogan and then myself and the Monsters will come for you. You have a choice to join us or run… but I tell you… we are coming and we want that title!

The One Man Gang w/ Gary Hart defeated Nick Smith

Kerry Von Erich: You know a lot of people have been discussing this benefactor. Now I don’t know what is going on but Hulk Hogan knows if he needs help, he just has to ask. One Man Gang, you are on that list of names. You are one of the men who has said to have already gotten payment. Well brother… know that I am a Hulkamaniac and our bad blood is going to boil over so much so that you won’t know which way to turn next!

Randy Macho King Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Mikey Eagon

Tito Santana: Randy Savage, you call yourself a King, well brother I will never kneel before you or anyone! You may try to rule the WWF with a golden thumb, but brother you better know that I am hungry for that Intercontinental Championship. I have got my sights set on it and I am going to go all the way in bringing it around my waist! You better look long and hard in that mirror and appreciate what you’ve got because sooner than later I am coming to take it all from you!

Barry Windham vs Chris Adams w/ Bobby Heenan

-A very fun contest as these two have done battle before and tonight on Superstars we get to see them really showcase their skills. It is almost a preview of what the next great group of WWF stars is going to look like with these two. Perhaps WWF and Intercontinental Championship contenders down the line but tonight they have got something special to prove and they do it for about 12-minutes. The major crux of the contest sees Barry Windham and Adams go back and forth until the big finish that sees Rick Rude out there with Bobby Heenan. He is trying to get Windham’s attention and does before the referee jumps in to try and send him to the back but this is an opportunity for Gino Hernandez to come from behind with the tag title belt and just NAIL Windham! The referee calls for the bell and Gino attempts to open up that nasty cut on Windham’s head as it is a 3 on 1 attack but here comes the Fantastics! They are able to break things up a bit before the Heenan Family retreats to the back. Windham is once again in a bad way and it is the Heenan Family leaving him down and out.

WWF Live

9/8/85

Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan defeated Nikita Koloff via DQ

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage via Count Out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino & Adams defeated the Fantastics

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition went o a 20-minute draw

Andre, Manny Fernandez, & Jake Roberts defeated Kamala, Sika, & Missing Link

WWF on Tour

Utica, NY – Memorial Auditorium
Glen Falls, NY – Civic Center
Buffalo, NY – Memorial Auditorium
WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan Koloff via DQ

Andre the Giant defeated Kamala

One Man Gang defeated Jake Roberts

Kerry Von Erich defeated Sika
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams © defeated The Fantastics

Jim Powers and Paul Roma defeated Los Conquistadors

WWF on Tour
Oswego, NY – Laker Hall Gymnasium
White Plains, NY – Westchester County Civic Center
Binghamton, NY – Broome County Arena

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage © via Count Out

Greg Valentine defeated Brutus Beefcake

Demolition defeated The Hart Foundation via DQ

The Blade Runner defeated Barry Horowitz

Rock N Roll Express defeated The Sheepherders

WWF Wrestling Challenge

-Once again this week, we have got Gorilla Monsoon just hammering away at Heenan with questions about this benefactor. Heenan says he has no idea what it is all about and that if he did, he would say something. Heenan says that he knows some money went around and people were told to make sure that Nikita won the tile. He says that even Andre the Giant was offered money but he doesn’t know who. Gorilla then changes the subject to tell him that Hulk Hogan is going to be here next week on set, and he may get an answer out of Heenan once and for all!

Nikita Koloff killed Tommy Hughes - Stretcher Job

Ivan Koloff: I am so tired of these conspiracy theories. They will not let Nikita shine like the true nightmare he is. Hulk Hogan, you want to know the truth… you can’t handle the truth… the truth is that Nikita is going to put an end to you once and for all. Nikita is going to destroy everything you are and could become. He is going to take that title back to Russia and you will never be able to recover!

Brutus Beefcake defeated Danny Bonfine

Greg Valentine: Beefcake, I am ready to put the finishing touches on you once and for all. I am tired of all the people out there saying I need a haircut… my hair is just fine but when I am done with you, you are going to need total reconstructive surgery!!!

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated Jimmy Gunn & Frankie Falcone

-A good showcase for Roma and Powers who continue to build and build here on television. Gorilla says that these guys deserve a chance and Heenan says they will get what is coming to them if they ever mess with the Family! Tonight they get the powerslam/splash combo for the victory as they work the crowd.

Bad News Brown defeated Tim Reeves

Manny Fernandez: I have got to admit it right now Bad News, I have got goosebumps man. I can see RED right now when I think about stepping into that ring with you. It is only going to be a matter of time and then we are going to do the thing and brother, there will be no turning back!

Billy Jack Haynes vs Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

-Heenan is down with Rude as we get Gorilla and Lord Alfred for this big time main event on Challenge this week. The crowd is behind Billy Jack, especially after what they saw Heenan do last week on Superstars to Windham. This one is fun with Rude trying to out pose Haynes but Billy Jack is BUILT and he makes Rude look bad before the Ravishing one gets the upperhand. Hercules is out there no with Heenan as they are trying to get the attention of Haynes but nothing doing. Out of the back runs Barry Windham. He is sporting a pretty nice sized bandage on his head and he goes toe to toe with Hercules before Rick Rude comes over and Windham nails Rude right between the eyes before Haynes comes with a roll up for the 1….2…..3!! Haynes is the winner as he and Windham work the crowd! Gorilla puts this through the roof as the Heenan Family has been outdone this week!

WWF Live
9/14/85
Montreal, Quebec, Canada – The Forum
MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rock N Roll Express vs Gino & Adams © went to a 30-minute DRAW

Randy Savage © defeated Kerry Von Erich -Outside interference from OMG!

Brutus Beefcake, Manny Fernandez, & Billy Jack Haynes defeated Greg Valentine, Bad News Brown, & Hercules

Barry Windham defeated Rick Rude

Demolition defeated the Sheepherders

The Hart Foundation defeated The Fantastics

WWF All American Wrestling

-On a rare circumstance, we get to hear from Gene and Lord Alfred today as they put over the card and the benefactor issue. They talk about the idea of Andre the Giant getting money to make Hogan lose. Both men say they would never believe such a thing happening.

The Sheepherders defeated Henry Dukes & Sam Bodine

Phil Lafon defeated Lenny Orion

The Blade Runner defeated Erick Rusev

Greg Valentine defeated Quincy Franklin

Jake Roberts vs Kamala w/ Friday

-Big time showcase contest for All-American and it is a fun one. Kamala gets some early offense but nothing big time with Roberts coming back strong. Friday tries to get involved but gets rocked for his cause. Conspicuous by his absence is Gary Hart. Kamala runs at Jake who ducks and pulls the ropes down before going outside the ring with the battle raging on. Kamala runs again and Jake ducks but Kamala nails Friday! Jake turns him around and DDT OUTSIDE THE RING! Jake rolls in for the 10-count and the victory!

-Jesse and Vince continue to put over the benefactor issue. Jesse even goes as far as to say that next week, he will go right down to that ring and call out Andre the Giant and ask him just if he was offered money, who offered it to him, and if he accepted it. Vince puts over the appearance of Hulk Hogan on Wrestling Challenge next week to question Bobby Heenan!

Hercules defeated Nicky Fredricks

Billy Jack: I guess even Bobby Heenan can be outsmarted. Hercules, you and I have got a long history with one another and I think it is high time we put it all on the line and finish this once and for all!

Nikita Koloff killed Micky Mack - Stretcher Job

Hulk Hogan: I have been training for this fight harder than any other I ever have. I have been building up my body for the fight of a lifetime… but more importantly I have been building up my heart! I have been talking to all the Hulkamaniacs out there and we know what is going to happen… when that door slams… it is anything goes brother… survive if you can! Well Nikita Koloff…. I don’t know about the rumors… I don’t think there is anyway that Andre the Giant took money or favors to be outside the ring. I don’t think there is anyway that Monsters Inc is going to be able to get inside. I am just hoping for that one chance to get my hands on you and put you down for good!

Demolition vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-A prime time contest here with two of the best teams in wrestling. This one gets a little time but ends up just being a taste. Jimmy Hart’s antics outside the ring prove to be too much and lead to a double count out with both teams outside the ring going to work on one another. The crowd is upset about the outcome but excited about the possibilities!

Tito Santana defeated Julian Means

Randy Savage: How dare you insult the name of the KING Tito Santana. I am sickened from you words but know there is only one true punishment and that is to put you down in front of millions and millions of people all over the world! You see something you don’t know Tito Santana is that as the Macho King… I have got the peasants at my hands and then the lowly like yourself at my feet. Whenever I feel the need to squash the bug, brother I do it and I am going to do that to you when we step into the ring. I am the Macho King. I am the Intercontinental Champion. There is nothing you can do about it!

Tommy Rogers vs Gino Hernandez w/ Bobby Heenan

-We have been watching this big time feud unfold over recent weeks on television and we get another match here with Rogers taking on Hernandez. Gino is really at the top of his game when it comes to in ring and getting the fans wired. He handles Rogers with ease almost before Rogers make a good comeback and looks like he is going to come away with something but Gino gets a very low shot before picking him up for a slingshot suplex and the 3-count! Heenan then jumps in the ring and they are putting the boots to him as here comes Adams, Hercules, and Rude! It is a 3 on 1 for a moment before we see Windham, Fulton, and Billyjack run out. It is an eight-man brawl and the crowd is going wild right now! Officials and agents are down here and this one has broken loose. Vince and Jesse put over how we will try and get this as an eight-man tag next week! Plus we will have Jesse Ventura interviewing Andre the Giant!!!

WWF Live
9/15/85
Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Maple Leaf Gardens
MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Nikita Koloff via DQ

Andre the Giant, Barry Windham, & Jake Roberts defeated OMG, Kamala, & Sika

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage © via Count Out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino & Adams © defeated The Fantastics

The Rock N Roll Express vs The Hart Foundation went to a 20-minute draw

Demolition defeated The Sheepherders

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Providence, RI – Civic Center

Jake Roberts defeated Hank Knight

Gary Hart: Jake Roberts… the man with the snake… well brother when it comes to a fight you won’t be able to slither away. I have seen it from coast to coast and Monsters Inc. will show you why you can’t mess with pain and destruction. You are going to find out the hard way boy that it just doesn’t work that way!

The Sheepherders defeated Ryan Reed & Jack Snyder

-Good showcase for the Sheepherders who have shown their abilities inside the ring. They have a fun wild side to them and put that together in the matches. They ram Snyder into the guardrail for the count out victory.

The Fantastics defeated Tim Steele & Nathan Johnson

Bobby Heenan: You know I am sick and tired of hearing about Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers. These guys think they are something fantastic… well fantastic you are not. You are nothing more that minor stones and pebbles that we step on each day. Sure sometimes you get one caught in your shoe… but don’t worry it won’t hurt too long.

Greg Valentine defeated Ken Waters

Brutus Beefcake: I have been doing a couple of trims Mr. Valentine and it looks like you’re next in line. You want to continue to run with that slimeball Jimmy Hart… the consequences will be severe. I am going to do a trimming on the sides and maybe take a little off the top. Once I am done with you… Jimmy Hart… you can step up next and get exactly what’s coming to you!

Manny Fernandez defeated Derrick Reed

Bad News: The Ragin Bull… huh… well Bull you are looking at a man who isn’t afraid of Bulls. I ain’t afraid of anything! You wanted a fight and you are going to get it pal. I am going to take you down to the streets of Harlem and show you want survival is all about!

-We are back with the end of Wrestling Challenge and Heenan continues to gloat but this time Hulk Hogan actually shows up. He goes back and forth with Heenan about the money and Heenan says that there was money moved around. He didn’t know who it was but he knew that Ivan and Nikita were hired mercenaries. He knew that Gary Hart took a lot of money for Monsters Inc. He was offered money but didn’t take it. He says Andre was offered more than anyone but doesn’t know what he did. Heenan pulls out the check but there is no name on who wrote it… but Hogan tells Heenan not to call him when the check clears and shoves it into his mouth… Hogan then looks at the camera and tells Nikita that he is ready for the fight, anywhere, anytime, anyplace!!!

WWF Live
9/21/85
Boston, MA – Boston Garden
MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff

SIX-MAN TAG

Barry Windham & The Fantastics defeated Rick Rude & The Dynamic Duo

Randy Savage © defeated Kerry Von Erich - OMG interfered

The Hart Foundation defeated The Rock N Roll Express

Demolition defeated Kamala & Sika

WWF All American Wrestling

Nikita Koloff killed Lance Johnson - Stretcher Job

The Blade Runner defeated Erick Wright

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Frankie Simpson

Scott Casey defeated Vance Hagen

The Hart Foundation defeated Ron Wolf & Ray Timms

WWF Superstars

-Superstars opens with Jesse and Vince putting over the big night of action, including the big eight-man main event. They turn their attention to the issue with Hulk Hogan and Nikita Koloff. They put over Hogan’s appearance on Challenge and how Heenan spilled the beans. There is a conspiracy out. Nikita and Ivan were hired guns to take out Hogan for the title. Monsters Inc. were all hired to make sure it happens right there. Andre was offered money… but no word on if he did take the money. Jesse says he is going to find out on the show!

Kerry Von Erich vs Sika w/ Gary Hart

-So much controversy right now surrounding these events. We know Gary Hart took money. There is talk of an investigation by Jack Tunney. Tonight is it Sika and Kerry Von Erich and they do some great work in the ring. Sika is really holding his own through all things considered and is a bright star out of this group. We see his animalistic instincts get the best of him though as he tries to choke Kerry Von Erich out but The Modern Day Warrior has the comeback of all comebacks before hitting him with the Warrior Punch putting Sika back into the ropes and then Kerry picks him up for a big powerslam for the 1….2...3! Gary Hart retreats before Kerry gets his hands on him but you can tell there is a lot more going on here.

Nikita Koloff killed Jimmy Vancini - stretcher job

Hulk Hogan: Well I guess Private Investigator Hogan broke the case brother. Nikita Koloff… I knew you were low but I didn’t think you were that low brother. I knew Uncle Ivan had you twisted in about a thousand pieces. I knew he would try and make you do whatever was on his mind for his best judgment. Well know this dude… inside that cage, there is no benefactor. There is no Uncle Ivan. There is only me and you and when that door slams shut you are going to find out what Hulkamania is all about!!!

-We watch as Jesse Ventura calls out Andre the Giant. It is a simple enough interview with Jesse grinding into Andre about the money. He asks him if he was offered money and Andre nods his head. Jesse then pushes him into if he accepted the money… Andre pulls out the check and rips it in half! The crowd pops! Andre grabs Jesse and says that this wasn’t even close to enough to turn his back on Hulk Hogan! He will face Kamala next week on Challenge and put an end to all of this!

Randy Savage defeated Tommy Young

Tito Santana: Randy Savage you have used a lot of words to try and explain why I cannot beat you but words don’t count in that ring… only actions count brother and I am coming with a lot of action. I am coming with a lot of fire. I am coming to get my hands on the Intercontinental Championship and I am going to put you down where you belong. You talk about the peasants… well they are people man… and those are the people that keep me going and that’s exactly what it is going to take to take you out!

EIGHT MAN TAG

Barry Windham, Billy Jack Haynes, & The Fantastics vs Rick Rude, Hercules, & The Dynamic Duo w/ Bobby Heenan

-A HUGE night of Superstars highlighted by this big time main event. All eight men have got issues with one another and they put it all on the line here this evening. This one even gets some time thanks to the quickness of the Savage and Nikita squash matches. The highlight is Windham and Rude who have got a special kind of chemistry right now that just gets the crowd going but it is Gino and Windham that blow the roof off of the building. These guys go 16-minutes and we see a big schmozzy style finish. We see Bobby Fulton going for a superplex on Gino Hernandez but Heenan comes and pulls on his leg leading to Hernandez falling on him and getting the quick cover while chaos ensues. This one is far, far from over!

WWF Live
9/22/85
Miami, FL – The Knight Center
MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Ivan Koloff

Andre the Giant defeated Nikita Koloff via DQ

Randy Savage © defeated Jake Roberts - OMG interfered