Passaic, NJ – Capitol Theatre
West Warwick, RI – Civic Center

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage via Count Out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Dynamic Duo defeated The Fantastics

The Hart Foundation defeated Tom Zenk and Phil Lafon

The Sheepherders defeated The Young Stallions

Brutus Beefcake, Billyjack Haynes, & Barry Windham defeated Greg Valentine, Hercules, & Rick Rude

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Nikita Koloff killed Kenny Morrison - Stretcher Job

Ivan Koloff: I can feel it… the time is coming… Hulk Hogan… the Russian Nightmare will be unleashed and all the Hulkamaniacs will feel his strength, feel his power, and feel his DESTRUCTION!

Brutus Beefcake defeated Timmy Robbins - Cuts his hair

Greg Valentine: I have had just about enough Beefcake… you had a good thing going being my partner but now you messed it up. You turned your back on me and the Jimmy Hart Family and for that… you are going to PAY!

Kerry Von Erich & Jake Roberts defeated Ron Stone & Frank Fredricks

Gary Hart: I have seen all the headlines… I have read all the articles… never before and never again will there be a force like Monsters Inc. What we have planned for you Roberts and Von Erich will pale in comparison to the great wars of the world and destruction left in their wakes.

Tito Santana defeated William French

Randy Savage: OHHH YEAAAHHHH Tito Santana, you wanted the shot well you got it brother. You are going to step into the ring with the Macho King and I am going to knight you with the scepter… oh yeah… I am going to give you the scepter right between the eyes and I am going to drive this royal elbow right through your heart, DIG IT!

Andre the Giant vs Kamala w/ Friday

-A lot of controversy surrounding this matchup but it doesn’t take. Andre vs Kamala is a headline anywhere in the world and tonight we get it on Challenge. Andre is able to work over the Ugandan Giant well enough and Friday even gets involved to get a headbutt between the eyes. Andre with a huge SLAM on Kamala and the Giant looks strong here until we see Gary Hart walk out with the One Man Gang, Sika, and Missing Link. The five men attack Andre enough to put him into the ropes and tie him up. Gary Hart then pulls out an envelope and puts it in Andre’s tights. He tells him that this is the final pay off and to do the right thing…. Monsters Inc. walks off and we see Andre get up… get out of the ropes and he opens the envelope and there are hundreds all over the place. He looks out to the fans as Bobby Heenan is screaming “TAKE THE MONEY! TAKE THE MONEY!”

WWF Live
9/28/85
Cleveland, OH – Convention Center
SURVIVAL SPECIAL

Tito Santana, Brutus Beefcake, Demolition Ax, & Demolition Smash

Versus

Randy Savage, Greg Valentine, Bret Hart, & Jim Neidhart w/ Elizabeth & Jimmy Hart

-Demolition Ax & Smash were both disqualified when they moved the referees to work over the Hart Foundation.

-Brutus Beefcake was eliminated thanks to a crack behind the head with the megaphone by Jimmy Hart and a Valentine pinfall.

-Facing 4 on 1… Tito Santana was able to get some big shots on all four men and even hit the flying forearm on Savage and looked to pin him but he was not the legal man. Greg Valentine dropped a knee on the back of his head leading to Savage pinning him.

Winners: Randy Savage, Greg Valentine, Bret Hart, & Jim Neidhart

Jake Roberts, Scott Casey, Ricky Morton, & Robert Gibson

Versus

Kamala, Sika, Luke, & Butch w/ Friday

-Scott Casey was eliminated by a big splash from Kamala.

-Luke was eliminated by a double dropkick from Morton and Gibson

-Sika was counted out after a double dropkick from Gibson and Morton

-Robert Gibson was pinned by Kamala after a splash.

-Butch was pinned after a DDT from Roberts

-Ricky Morton dropkicked Kamala leading to a DDT by Jake Roberts for the victory!

Winners: Jake Roberts & Ricky Morton

Barry Windham, Billy Jack Haynes, Bobby Fulton, & Tommy Rogers

Versus

Rick Rude, Hercules, Gino Hernandez, & Chris Adams w/ Bobby Heenan

-Bobby Fulton was pinned by Gino Hernandez

-Billy Jack Haynes & Hercules were both disqualified

-Chris Adams was eliminated by Barry Windham following a bulldog

-Tommy Rogers was eliminated by a Rude awakening from Rick Rude

-Rick Rude was pinned by Barry Windham after cracking heads with Gino Hernandez

-Hernandez then hit Windham with a low blow and pinned him for the victory

Winner: Gino Hernandez

Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Manny Fernandez, & Kerry Von Erich

Versus

Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff, Bad News Brown, & One Man Gang w/ Gary Hart

-Bad News Brown eliminated Manny Fernandez following a Judo Kick to the throat

-Bad News was then eliminated by Hulk Hogan via count out by not getting back in the ring

-Andre the Giant splashed the One Man Gang, Kerry Von Erich then hit him with a Warrior Punch, and Hogan slammed him for a pinfall!

-Nikita Koloff pinned Kerry Von Erich after a Russian Sickle!

-Nikita Koloff & Andre the Giant were both counted out for brawling outside of the ring.

-Hulk Hogan eliminated Ivan Koloff after a leg drop for the Victory!

Winner: Hulk Hogan

9/29

x240-cD0.jpg

WWF Presents: All-American Wrestling
Mean Gene Okerlund & Lord Alfred Hayes

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated

The Blade Runner defeated

One Man Gang, Kamala, & Sika defeated

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated Tom Zenk & Phil Lafon

The Hart Foundation defeated

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling

Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

-Superstars opens with a scene of Andre the Giant from Challenge and the incident with the money. We then cut to Jesse and Vince who are putting it over. Jesse says that all will be revealed tomorrow… but he doesn’t think Hulk Hogan will make it there given what will happen tonight when he faces Ivan Koloff. Vince puts over the Main Event tomorrow night on NBC and the MSG Network. He talks about the big card and how there will be preliminary matches but the Hogan vs Nikita Cage Match will be televised. They go through the run down of the card for tonight and away we go.

The Sheepherders defeated George Timmons & Hank Jefferson

-Good showcase for the Sheepherders who continue to win via count out. We hear some rumblings about them wanting a shot at the tag titles and stepping up the competition in the coming weeks.

Barry Windham defeated Cal Rowland

Rick Rude: Windham, I hope you have got insurance for the beating I am going to put on your. I don’t think anyone is going to be able to recognize you once I split your head open again. Just like before, you better sleep with one eye open because you are in for a Rude Awakening!

Greg Valentine defeated Ken Floats

Brutus Beefcake: Greg Valentine I think the time for talking has come to an end and the time for some strutting and some cutting is upon us. I am going to show you why they call me the Barber with a clip here and a clip there but more importantly I am going to put you to sleep and get my hands on that good for nothing Jimmy Hart and CUT him down to size!

Hulk Hogan w/ Andre vs Ivan Koloff w/ Nikita

-A HUGE main event here tonight and we even get something extra with Andre and Nikita out here with their respective me. This one goes about 12-minutes and it is a good showing for Ivan and a final way for Nikita to get some heat as he attacks Hogan outside the ring. The final moments see Hogan starting to Hulk up and he gets Ivan set. Outside the ring, Monster’s Inc is down again and they are messing with Andre and Gary Hart is flashing money at him. Inside the ring Hogan nails the big boot and hits the ropes but Nikita pulls the rope down and Hogan topples to the floor! Nikita sets up and RUSSIAN SICKLE WITH THE CHAIN! Hogan goes down! The referee calls for the bell and Andre backs off Monsters Inc enough but on the other side of the ring it is Ivan and Nikita who are doing a number on Hogan! Andre comes to chase them off before the officials and agents come down. Hogan is grasping his throat… what is going to happen tomorrow on the Main Event?!?!

WWF Live
9/29/85
Cincinnati, OH – Riverfront Coliseum
MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, & Jake Roberts defeated Nikita, Ivan, & The One Man Gang

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Dynamic Duo © defeated Rock N Roll Express in a 29-minute sprint

Randy Savage defeated Tito Santana

Demolition defeated Kamala & Sika

The Fantastics vs The Hart Foundation went o a 20-minute draw

Barry Windham, Brutus Beefcake, & BillyJack Haynes defeated Greg Valentine, Rick Rude, & Hercules

Manny Fernandez vs Bad News Brown went to a double DQ

wwf_the_main_event.png

WWF Presents: The MAIN EVENT II

Live Monday September 30, 1985

Madison Square Garden

New York, New York

Airing on NBC & The MSG Network

Your hosts: Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Vince McMahon: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Madison Square Garden. Welcome to NBC and the MSG Network. Welcome to the MAIN EVENT II! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse Ventura. Jesse, tonight we have got one of the biggest matches in the history of the WWF!

Jesse Ventura: Listen to me right now McMahon… I am going on record… tonight you are going to see a match that will go down in history… but history will indeed be made when Nikita Koloff wins the WWF TITLE! Because I know Hulk Hogan isn’t 100% and that Nikita Koloff is in the best shape of his life and hungrier for that title than any challenger Hogan has ever face!

Vince: Jesse, I couldn’t disagree with you more and I think that the 20,000 strong here would do the same. Tonight it is a cage match… Hulk Hogan and Nikita Koloff. All the rumors surrounding the event. The Cage. The Title on the Line. Andre the Giant outside the ring. Jesse, what is it really going to come down to?

Jesse: Well McMahon… it is going to come down to brute force…. That is Nikita’s specialty! You see every once in awhile Hulk Hogan gets the power of these people… but that’s not going to happen tonight. He may get the power but he is going to run into the true strongest force in the world in Nikita Koloff!

Vince: Fans we will have interviews with Hulk Hogan, Nikita Koloff, and Andre the Giant coming up in just a couple of moments. We want to take you back and show you how this feud has come to be….

-We get a big time video package going all the way back to Nikita Koloff putting Hogan down with the chain. We see the big SNME rematch with Kerry Von Erich being Hogan’s teammate. We see the epic one on one encounter. We then finalize with a showcase of Nikita killing jobbers week in and week out. We see all the Russian Sickles and all the stretchers. We see the final piece when Nikita hit Hogan on Superstars yesterday with the Russian Chain, almost crushing his throat…. We will have words from the competitors when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

hqdefault.jpg

Mean Gene: Fans welcome back to the Main Event. Joining me right now is Nikita Koloff with his Uncle Ivan. Gentlemen… we had heard the rumors… we know the facts… money was spread around. You two are nothing more than hired guns to take the title from Hulk Hogan… but who is the benefactor?

Ivan Koloff: Need you not worry Gene Mean… understand that we were sent by the Kremlin to destroy Hulk Hogan. We were sent here to bring the WWF Title back to Russia. Hulk Hogan… you have surrounded yourself with many men… all of which have fallen to the Russian Nightmare. Know this Hulk Hogan… inside that cage tonight will only be Nikita Koloff. He will stand there across from you and you will not be able to run and you will not be able to hide. Now… you talk of benefactor… you talk of conspiracy…. Gene Okerlund… there is no conspiracy there is only Nikita Koloff… the next WWF CHAMPION!

Nikita Koloff: HOGAN! Time has run out for you. I will see you inside the steel and I will DESTROY YOU!

Mean Gene: Fans there is it… let’s go to Lord Alfred Hayes...

Andre.jpg

Lord Alfred: Thank you Gene… joining me is the biggest athlete in the world… Andre the Giant. Andre, tonight you are not a competitor but rather the enforcer to make sure no one can get inside that cage. There has been a lot of talk about money… but Andre…. Everyone wants to know just where do you stand?

Andre: I stand for myself. Tonight I will do what is best for me.

-Andre then walks off….

Lord Alfred: Fans… he is a man of few words and many actions… we will see what his decision is tonight. Back to you Gene….

49daf80287a827d008b3f37b5df51659.jpg

Mean Gene: Hulk Hogan… I can see the brace around your neck… come on in here… tonight you face a mountain of a man in Nikita Koloff inside the steel cage. We know that there was money thrown around. We don’t know if you can trust Andre the Giant. We don’t know if you neck is going to hold up. Hulk, what are your thoughts going into this grave match up?!

Hulk Hogan: (Rips the neck brace off) WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE…. It was a long trip up the coast to get here to MSG tonight brother and I had a lot of time to think I had a lot of time to digest. And brother I had a lot of time to ask the big guy in the sky just what to do here tonight! You know something Mean Gene… he told me what to do man. He told me the most important thing and that was to believe in yourself! He told me to not worry about what has happened but to focus on what is in front of me. Brother I searched long and hard for Andre the Giant and I couldn’t find him but now I see… Andre, brother I trust you and I know you have got my and your best intentions in mind. I know that if Monsters Inc comes out there, you are going to send them packing. I know if Ivan Koloff comes out… you are going to shove him into the ground. I know you have got my back brother.

Mean Gene: That he may Hulk… but what about Nikita Koloff… what can you do to stop him?

Hulk Hogan: Well that’s the thing Mean Gene… you look at the last couple of weeks and this guy has sent countless people to the hospital. He has a pile of broken necks as tall as me. This fight tonight is for all those guys who put their lives on the line against him. This is for all those Hulkamaniacs who have had to face their biggest fear in front of their face. Nikita Koloff… you my friend are a man like me. You have got a heart and soul like me. Yours is as black as night and as empty as space but mine is full brother. Mine is full of the love of all my Hulkamaniacs all over the world. Tonight they are stepping inside that cage with me and we are going to unload all of it all over you all over that cage and WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE POWER OF HULK HOGAN AND HULKAMANIA DESTROY YOU!

Mean Gene: Woah… fans there you have it. Hulk Hogan is ready for the biggest fight of his professional career and it is about to go down inside that 15-foot high steel cage… it happens when we return!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back with Jesse and Vince giving the final run down. We see the entrances of Nikita, Andre, and Hogan. Jesse runs down the tale of the tape, putting over both men’s stats. He talks about the power and the strength but also how conditioning will be the key factor. It is about to go down as both men are inside the cage and Andre is outside!

blue-cage.jpg

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

STEEL CAGE MATCH

SPECIAL ENFORCER: Andre The Giant

Hulk Hogan © vs Nikita Koloff

-If there were every two men built for the sport of professional wrestling… it was these two. Without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest match in the rebirth of the WWF and it goes down right here in MSG, on cable television, inside the steel cage. The ambiance of Jesse and Vince putting it over in the biggest way is only heightened by seeing Andre the Giant outside the ring. His size dwarfs all those around him and you see him staring into the cage with Hulk Hogan looking at Nikita Koloff and fans it is on! These guys put together a really fun match. It starts with Hogan trying some offense but Nikita no-selling. Nikita then beats on Hogan a little but he no-sells. We get some tests of strength but neither man is diminishing in any way. Nikita then breaks Hogan down with a nasty shot to the throat and rams his head into the steel and we’ve got blood. Hogan hit a gusher and he is selling it big time. We get our first commercial break here…

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back and Nikita is really laying into Hogan now and the crowd is chanting for him but the Hulkster is in the worst kind of way. Nikita is hammering down with some big time forearm shots but the Hulkster is feeling it. He is starting to build and build. Hulk then counters a couple of punches but Nikita no-sells but then Hogan grabs him and tosses him into the cage! He grabs him and tosses him to the other side! Nikita is busted wide open! The Russian is CUT! Nikita is starting to show signs of weakness if you can call it that. Hogan is like a shark and he is going after the cut! Nikita now tries to get out of the cage and shows his true colors but the Hulkster brings him back in and the crowd is going nuts! Nikita makes another effort to get out but once again Hogan with a backdrop and both men go down. Andre then looks down the aisle and here comes Ivan Koloff! Ivan is walking down and he is yelling at Andre who stands his ground. Even the referee turns to see what is going on and out from under the ring… what the hell? A masked man comes out from under the ring and slides in the Russian Chain to Nikita! Nikita gets up with the chain wrapped around his arm and nails Hogan in the back of the neck and he goes down! The masked man goes back under the ring!

*COMMERCIAL*

-The final stages of the contest see Hogan busted open and hurting from the Russian Chain. We see Nikita, weak for the first time, bloodied for the first time, trying to stay up as he’s obviously gassed. It is at his moment that Andre turns his back and here comes the Missing Link, Sika, and the Kamala! They run down to the ring and attack the Giant! They are beating him down but not for long as Kerry Von Erich and Jake Roberts run out and we get a six-man brawl before everyone clears out. Ivan Koloff is still lurking around as inside the ring Hogan stumbles up to his feet and Nikita with a running, flying, Russian Chain laden Russian Sickle puts the champion down! The crowd can’t believe it. Nikita is slow to get to his feet and he finally does. He starts to ascend the cage but when he looks down Hogan gets up and he is now Hulking Up! OH MY! He goes from his knees and gets up while Nikita is going over the top but Hogan catches him! Hogan pulls him back up and starts hammering away before grabbing him from the top of the cage for a SUPERPLEX! OH MY! THE RING SHOOK! Hogan minimally sells it before getting up and hitting the ropes for a LEG DROP! He goes to the cage and starts to climb up. Ivan is pulling Nikita inch by inch as Hogan gets up to the top of the cage and looks down before climbing down and reaching the floor as Ivan pulls Nikita’s body out! Hogan has won it and the crowd is going nuts!

220px-Wmviihulkster.jpg

-This one is far from over though as the Hulkster jumps over and grabs Ivan before tossing him back into the ring! Hogan gets his licks in and gives him a big boot, bodyslam, and then picking him up and tossing him through the door to the floor! Hogan is posing big time here but now his back is to the door and that masked man is out here again… he slithers into the ring and goes to attack Hogan but he turns around! Hogan grabs him and threatens to hit him but there is another commotion in the aisle as here comes the One Man Gang and another huge man we have never seen dressed up like a security guard! These two monsters jump in the ring and attack Hogan from behind! They are taking turns beating him down inside the ring and then… they hold him for the masked man who looks out to the crowd… and takes his mask off…

greetings-from-allentown-special-ted-dib

-THAT’S TED DIBIASE! DIBIASE IS BACK IN THE WWF! Ventura and McMahon are going crazy putting over how Dibiase was the benefactor! Dibiase makes the money sign before nailing Hogan with a stiff right hand and then grabbing the Title belt and CRACKING HIM in the skull! Hogan goes down hard in the ring before Dibiase and Company get out but here comes Andre, Kerry, and Jake. Dibiase and his boys are gone while we have officials and agents checking on Hogan… more when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back and Jesse and Vince are putting this over in the biggest way. The big story out of all of this is the return of Ted Dibiase and Vince is wondering what kind of deal was struck with Gary Hart to get the One Man Gang and Vince continues to question who that other guy was. Jesse says he tried to go to the back to get an interview but Dibiase was already in his limo out of here. Vince says he must have come into a lot of money to make this happen and wonders what President Jack Tunney will think of all these events. Jesse and Vince then put over how we will be back on NBC on October the 26th for Saturday Night’s Main Event from Long Island in the Nassau Coliseum. We will have information on that card in the coming weeks. Right now they have a “standby” match for the fans as we cut to the ring (footage from earlier).

BillyJack Haynes vs Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

-A pretty solid 9-minute contest as it was a dark match from earlier in the evening. Heenan is in prime form here trying to will Hercules to a victory but things just aren’t happening that way. BillyJack has got some fun power and strength that puts him over and we see him go toe to toe with one of the strongest men in wrestling. Hercules does show off some big time strength and wears BillyJack down but Haynes has got some fight and we see him chop Hercules down and he goes for the big POWERSLAM! Heenan jumps up on the apron and here comes Haynes with a huge SHOT! Hercules runs and Billy moves for Hercules to nail Heenan off the apron. BillyJack then rolls him up for the 1...2….3! The crowd pops for a nice win as Vince and Jesse put this over and say we’ll be back with more after this…

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return to the Main Event with Mean Gene walking out of the medical office saying that Hulk Hogan has severe lacerations on his forehead from the cage, the Russian Chain, and the World Title belt. President Jack Tunney is showing nearby and Okerlund questions him. Tunney states that he has since fined and suspended the Russians and Gary Hart indefinitely. He says that when he see Ted Dibiase, he will have repercussions for his behavior as well. Gene wonders just what those will be and when Dibiase will show his face again. We cut back out to Vince and Jesse who put the night over. We see some stills and they talk about being back for Saturday Night’s Main Event on October the 26th from the Nassau Coliseum!

Dark Matches:

The Rock N Roll Express defeated The Sheepherders

Jake Roberts & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Missing Link & Kamala w/ Friday

Rick Rude, Gino Hernandez, & Chris Adams defeated Barry Windham & The Fantastics

Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Brutus Beefcake

The One Man Gang & Sika defeated Phil Lafon & Tom Zenk

Demolition versus the Hart Foundation went to a double DQ

Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage © via Count Out

Enjoyed the show! The crowd was really given a nice treat here as those dark matches were each great. I liked Dibiase under the ring a la WIldfire Rich in Memphis in real life. If Hogan can beat Nikita while the Russian Nightmare has the help of Dibiase and a chain, the WWF may never have another champ but he is set up for ever with big heels hunting him down!