Pro Wrestling Only

Undertaker could be coming back

iamthedoctor

Noticed this being mentioned on the dirtsheets this morning

Various news outlets, including Pro Wrestling Insider and WrestleZone, have been reporting on a possibility of an in-ring return for the Undertaker. While to many viewing Wrestlemania 33, it appeared that Undertaker retired but nothing was formally announced. For SummerSlam 2017, it was reported that Undertaker was in the New York area but that may have been something video game related but even that has had conflicting reports.

Reportedly, the Undertaker was working out in the ring before the SummerSlam event and even rumors of him interfering in the Fatal 4 Way match, but obviously that didn't happen.

There is some speculation circulating of some interest in a John Cena vs. Undertaker match in the future, potentially Survivor Series 2017 to continue to assist that longtime Pay Per View (last year featured Goldberg vs. Lesnar and did great business). Otherwise, Wrestlemania 34 is a possibility as a Wrestlemania 33 match-up almost happened but plans were changed.

It should be noted that Undertaker needed full hip replacement surgery in May following his Wrestlemania 33 match (due to lingering injuries before that match, not caused by it).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*yawn*

(I hope we never get any "great" sendoff at Mania after this if he does come back, it's ridiculous. Stick to it or don't do it.)

It is an escalation year on year, after the Shane match he left his gloves in the ring. Vs roman he left his hat, coat and gloves I don't want to know what he leaves this year.

*yawn*

(I hope we never get any "great" sendoff at Mania after this if he does come back, it's ridiculous. Stick to it or don't do it.)

It is an escalation year on year, after the Shane match he left his gloves in the ring. Vs roman he left his hat, coat and gloves I don't want to know what he leaves this year.

His eyeliner pen?

I don't understand this. Brock already took his streak and Reigns handed him a post Streak loss already. What is there for Cena to take? Let Reigns keep Taker's last Mania match thing. There's nothing for Taker to come back to now really anyways either.

*yawn*

His artificial hip.

If he had a full hip replacement in May is it even plausible that he could be ready to have a match by November?

Actually, the surgery has come a long way in the last decade. 6 months might be pushing it a little but if he recovered well it wouldn't be impossible. My dad just had one done a couple of years ago and he was essentially operating like a normal person again within 3-4 months. Though I would think Taker's doctors would frown greatly on him wrestling ever with a fake hip in.

I agree with Mad Dog.

They've made incredible advancements when it comes to hip replacements for athletes over the past 20 years. There is a special type of artificial hip that has been designed, which (once the patient has recovered from the surgery and done the required rehab) is actually superior to a normal human hip joint, and can actually absorb more punishment. I saw a documentary about it on television, it was designed for players in the NFL. It's almost like a shock absorber grafted onto human bone. I remember the guy saying that if this hip replacement had existed at the time, Bo Jackson never would have needed to retire and could have come back better than ever.

Also, not that I doubt the story of The Undertaker returning, but has anybody reputable actually reported it?

Anyhow, my feelings on this are that if he actually did get the surgery and can go, I don't care if he comes back. More power to him. If he's going to be in the physical condition that he was in at Wrestlemania, I don't see why he should come back. He has a young family, I highly doubt he needs the money and he has nothing else to prove.