Pro Wrestling Only

Undertaker could be coming back

iamthedoctor

WWE's forced 'Big Match Drama' didn't help Reigns/Taker and it will not do Cena/Taker any favors at all. The "stay down!" stuff was cringeworthy and has become a WM staple.

PWG Cena

HBK D Level soap opera 'emotions'

WWE speak

Self-conscious epic formula

Multiple kick-out of finishers

Crippled Undertaker

All of these elements together spell 'trouble'.

That sounds to me like something my 7 year old nephew will love to watch with me. I hope you're motherfucking Jean Dixon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't see "PWG Cena" in this one if they do have a Mania match. I expect something that is a little more strait forward and built around selling and storytelling. We will probably get quite a few kick outs, but more in the WWE main event way than in the PWG way.

• 2 weeks later...

What am I missing on Elias? I see a solid gimmick that stands out because of how differently its presented in promos, but have yet to see him deliver a standout performance in the ring.

Im the same I skipped that segment he was on Raw.

Is Steph a face now as havent watched WWE for months and last time I rember she was in the authority.

What am I missing on Elias? I see a solid gimmick that stands out because of how differently its presented in promos, but have yet to see him deliver a standout performance in the ring.

Is Steph a face now as havent watched WWE for months and last time I rember she was in the authority.

Still a heel role. Just trying too hard to be what her husband is with NXT with the womens division.

He had a pretty good TV match with Roman a month or two ago that got slept on a little because it came around the time of Roman having good matches with Cesaro, Joe etc

Also, the prevailing take (Meltzer, etc.) on that match was that it was actually bad and slow and not over. I loved it, though. I don’t think he is some fantastic wrestler at this point. I would just like to see him move up the card and see how he does with a big star.

He had a pretty good TV match with Roman a month or two ago that got slept on a little because it came around the time of Roman having good matches with Cesaro, Joe etc

Also, the prevailing take (Meltzer, etc.) on that match was that it was actually bad and slow and not over. I loved it, though. I don’t think he is some fantastic wrestler at this point. I would just like to see him move up the card and see how he does with a big star.

I thought the match was good but that's neither here nor there - I'm quite certain it was over and sounded like it got decent reactions in the building. His gimmick is over and he performs it well so he's worthy of getting a shot.

I am not really on the Elias bandwagon as an in ring worker, but I really enjoy his character a lot and it makes me want to see more of him. For me it is just a matter of how much better he is in terms of his timing and getting the most out of the littlest look or gesture. For me, that is something much harder to teach than skill in the ring. I don't think he is actively bad an certainly see improvements since his time in NXT. I am just a big fan of the character because I saw him go from pretty cringy with it to actively embracing it and making it work for him and the changes were pretty subtle.

I am not really on the Elias bandwagon as an in ring worker, but I really enjoy his character a lot and it makes me want to see more of him. For me it is just a matter of how much better he is in terms of his timing and getting the most out of the littlest look or gesture. For me, that is something much harder to teach than skill in the ring. I don't think he is actively bad an certainly see improvements since his time in NXT. I am just a big fan of the character because I saw him go from pretty cringy with it to actively embracing it and making it work for him and the changes were pretty subtle.

Looks like he is getting a run with Cena so hopefully some of those make tape. Pulling for it to work out well for him because, yeah, I love the character and could see him being a reliable upper midcard guy for a while if he gets a good match down.

I could count on one hand the number of times I've watched a full episode of Raw in the last 4 years, but I *do* recall watching an episode sometime around last summer while visiting my grandpa. I just remember the main event was a Reigns/Joe match, and somewhere in the middle of the show was this SOOPAH FUN little Drifter versus Balor match. Nothing really out of this world or extraordinary about the in-ring action, although Elias *was* already busting out some good stuff - like his sit out powerbomb & whatnot.

But the real story was the gnarly guitar shot he gave Balor after the match. Just an easily enjoyable little match that sprung up out of nowhere that night and seriously surprised me. I tend to dig those type of bouts the most. That'll always be the first time I recall taking notice of Elias, and yeah. Instantly boarded the bandwagon after that.

Like I said though, I don't follow their shows faithfully or anything. So I can't track how far back he was improving or gradually growing as a performer. But I've gone out of my way to scope out anything I've seen him doing ever since. And it *at least* goes back that far to the Finn match - months before the showing with Roman. So there's that.

Still a heel role. Just trying too hard to be what her husband is with NXT with the womens division.

And failing badly. She's doing commentary on the women's royal rumble for some reason. Why ? You'd swear that Steph is the only reason the women are even doing anything in WWE now. It's ridiculous WWE narrative.

I'm fine with average-good wrestlers with great charisma and star presence getting chances. There's nothing wrong with that.

Great charisma & star presence is what is missing in professional wrestling. I would take an entire roster of wrestlers like Elias or Velveteen Dream over guys like The Young Bucks that Meltzer is always putting over. There's so much more to wrestling than match quality, which is subjective anyway. Not every match on every show needs to be attempting to be some technical match-of-the-night masterpiece. It gets boring. Just like I don't want every wrestler to be some dude with kickpads & a beard that does flips, Cutters and Superkicks.

I actually actively dislike the meta wrestling social media era we're in. Watching a New Japan Pro-Wrestling PPV and hearing English commentators talk about match ratings was surreal.

How many wrestlers in prowrestling right now feel like kids that grew up watching both HBK & RVD and they're role-playing as them? At least Elias stands out. Velveteen Dream isn't doing anything we've not seen in pro-wrestling before, but he's making it work & it's entertaining.

I actually actively dislike the meta wrestling social media era we're in. Watching a New Japan Pro-Wrestling PPV and hearing English commentators talk about match ratings was surreal

I find the concept of star ratings in 2K games, career mode or not, to be a bit surreal. Shouldnt video games be one corner where kayfabe is still alive and well, without worrying about how a fictional Meltzer would rate your match?

And failing badly. She's doing commentary on the women's royal rumble for some reason. Why ? You'd swear that Steph is the only reason the women are even doing anything in WWE now. It's ridiculous WWE narrative.

So not as good as vince was in the mid 90s then.