Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-26-WCW-Thunder] Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire vs Vampiro & Great Muta

soup23

I have enjoyed what we have seen of Jindrak and O Haire. Neither Vamp or Muto seemed concerned to sell for them in the slightest. The Denom and Kronik comes out after the match and overall this is a big ball of disinteresting people within the promotion that are getting a good amount of pushed. ¾*

• 4 weeks later...

We get clips from Nitro and it turns out Muta did what everyone else does in WCW, and turned (heel) when he attacked ‘Commissioner Cat’ who was again guest officiating in a match. Vampiro makes an open challenge to anyone in the back (“with the grapefruits big enough”) and it’s answered by Mark Jindrak and Sean O’Haire. The teams immediately pair off, O’Haire ducks under a Vampiro spin kick and a ‘Cactus clothesline’ sends them both to the floor. Springboard lariat by Jindrak on Muta. Vampiro reverses a whip to the corner, O’Haire runs up the turnbuckles, sticks a backflip off the top and a spinning heel kick grazes and drops Vamp. Double leapfrog from Jindrak and O’Haire and the latter with that crappy looking clothesline. Muta cheap shots him in the back before hitting a powerdrive elbow that looks as though it barely connects. O’Haire with a scoop powerslam and he’s able to make the tag. Vampiro tags out at the same time and a flying clothesline by Jindrak on Muta gets a two. He goes for it again, howeve this time Muta ducks under and dropkicks Jindrak’s leg. Dragon screw leg whip and a kneebar for the submission win. The Demon comes out after the match and drags Jindrak and O’Haire back to the ring as they’re leaving. A pair of cobra clutch slams, or ‘loveguns’, on both until Kronik make the save. The Demon scarpers and Bryan Clark with a pumphandle into a powerslam on Vampiro, and Brian Adams with a full nelson slam to Muta.

Another match with Muta half-assing it and looking completely unmotivated about working in WCW. The amount of turns we’re getting is beyond ridiculous at this point. Poor match and the same applies to Jindrak and O’Haire that I’ve said previously about them. With how they’d been pushed so far I was very surprised to see them do the job though. This Vampiro-Muta-Demon (and ICP when they’re there) faction is not the most inspiring of groups.

• 1 month later...

I always liked Jindrak and O'Haire and they should have been cornerstones of a new WCW but oh well. Weird quirk that bothered me was O'Haire running through offense and then Vampiro takes over leading to O'Haire taking a back bump off of. . . a single chop to the chest. Seemed odd with the way they were presented as future champs that O'Haire and Vampiro couldn't come up with anything better to let him walk over and tag Muta. Just a stupid little thing. O'Haire also seems out of place for Muta's elbow but other than this it's pedestrian action and the painted team goes over for some reason.

*1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-26-WCW-Thunder] Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire vs Vampiro & Great Muta