Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-29-Toryumon] CIMA & Judo Suwa vs Dragon Kid & Kennichiro Arai

soup23

This kind of felt like a holdover match from the old Toryumon to the new era with the M2K vs CM feud but it was a really good entry into the CIMA as WOTY resume and Suwa being his best tag partner in the Crazy Max faction. They work impressively here as the clear rudos utilizing every advantage they can get a hold of. Between the Suwa singles match and this one, the stiffness that Arai displays is something I did not expect given my familiarity with him in current day. He adds a lot to these matches in a classical junior sense. Dragon Kid was also mostly on point here and this led in nicely to the Suwa singles match coming up at the end of August. The finish was fun with Suwa getting his win back on Arai and reversing a backslide attempt seamlessly into the pedigree. ***3/4 (7.4)

• 2 months later...

Suwa and CIMA are a quintessential heel team here using both cheap tactics and shtick with a nice array of quick and methodical offense. Kid and Arai match up seamlessly with them and this all leads to a predictably good stretch run. Arai's springboard headbutt is really nice and I especially liked the attitude that Suwa brought into this. Great finish to continue the feud with a beautiful and definitive reversal leading to the win by Suwa.

***3/4

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-07-29-Toryumon] CIMA & Judo Suwa vs Dragon Kid & Kennichiro Arai