• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ohheylook

ohheylook
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

254v5o9.png

Hey y'all. Brennan (VOW, Burning Spirits) and Andy of VOW (Glory Pro, Over The Hill) have started a new podcast based on their friendship and desire to watch and revisit a bunch of old ShootStyle matches. 

This is our debut episode, and I think it turned out pretty decent. Take a look if you're interested in this style, or dope ass Japanese music.

http://fightingnetwo...ends.podiant.co to stream or subscribe to the RSS feed.

You can also search us on Apple Podcasts. 

FNF #001: Slappy Kaki

Andy and Brennan introduce the first episode of Fighting Network FRIENDS, talking all things Shoot Style Wrestling and Masahito Kakihara.

Topics discussed:
- Our backgrounds and familiarity with Japanese shoot-style wrestling of the 1980's and 90's. 
- "Would a USA-based shoot-style promotion work today? And who would you book for such a promotion?"
- CITY POP
- BJW / Masahito Kakihara Produce: KakiRide (8/14/17), including cigar- smoking Fujiwara, Tatsuo Nakano's mullet, the ongoing saga of Hideki Suzuki's fatherly love and destruction of Takuya Nomura and Minoru Suzuki as the best character on the planet.
- Deep Dive into the losing efforts of the terribly underrated Masahito Kakihara:
vs. Tatsuo Nakano (9/21/92) **BLOODBATH**
w/ Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Gene Lydick & Steve Nelson (6/10/94)
w/ Nobuhiko Takada vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Tatsumi Fujinami (6/26/96)
vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (8/17/96)

Youtube Playlist: http://tinyurl.com/fnf001

Follow us:
@fightfriends
@trillyrobinson
@bren_patrick on twitter

#2 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 9880 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

Huge recommendation for this podcast. It mixes in good chemistry between the hosts, a working knowledge but also advancement for discovery and neat production values with the Jpop that was inserted as interludes. I watched the Nakano blood bath for the first time and that match was awesome. 

#3 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

I'm a big shootstyle fan, I'll definitely give this a listen when I have some time and give some feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users