PANTHER WOTD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10258 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

This match completely blew me away. The battle royal was fun and quick but then we get to the meat which is the Cibernetico. I love Ciberneticos in general and this was one of the best I have ever seen. Solar and Panther start immediately with a jaw dropping sequence straight out of their classic 1994 match. The rest of the pairings are also effective. I enjoyed the delight each competitor had when they secured a victory and knew their mask was safe. The first half of the match really is built around Panther and it is fabulous as he gains an arm submission but the referee says no. This frustrates him to no end and he ends up getting pinned based on that frustration. Finally, he locks on the arm submission on Solar and is able to gain a victory to save his mask. The second half of the match also has some great eliminations from the pin that Solar secures that I have never seen, to a great double countout tease, to the final threesome in the ring and the two rudos not listening to the referee and ending up being DQ’d. Eventually, we have Hijo Del Gladiator and Rancor as the final two. This segment is also excellent as Gladiator bleeds buckets and Rancor uses his speed to be effective. There is a distinct old vs new vibe here. The submissions and nearfalls are really dramatics and Rancor winning felt like a big moment for him. Gladiator is a carpenter type worker we haven’t seen much of at all in chronicling the 90’s but this led me to a lot of research and I saw he was a 29 year veteran at this point so this was a big deal with him losing the hood. In one final carny moment, Gladiator announces his last name as Ramirez to keep the gimmick alive even though that was untrue. I expected a fun match from this but got a surprise MOTYC. ****1/2 (9.2) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PANTHER WOTD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users