Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-05-MCW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Viscera

soup23

Tracy is back in MCW now. This is a true WTF match. The match is only two minutes but fun stuff from Tracy with him working underneath and Viscera looking good on his high impact sidewalk slam. The finish is Viscera trying to ram Tracy into the corner with a chair and Tracy moving out of the way and getting the surprise roll up victory. K-Krush and Viscera beat up Tracy after the bell until Lance Cade makes the save. ¾*

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Whatever Smothers tries against his much larger opponent, be it a collar and elbow tie up, top wristlock, go behind it doesn’t work. Impressive looking bodyslam from the big man. He whips Tracey from corner to corner before dropping him with a clothesline, and then shouts something about wanting competition. Belly to back suplex and Vis picks up a chair which he wedges between the turnbuckles. Huge sidewalk slam. As Smothers gets back to his feet, Viscera charges for an ‘Avalanche splash’, but Tracey side steps it and he crashes into that chair he’d just wedged there. Schoolboy roll up and Smothers with the upset win. K-Krush comes out to help Vis put a post-match beating on Tracey until Lance Cade makes the save and they think better of it.

Tracey does an effective job in making Viscera look like a monster right up until that ending which I didn’t like at all. I know it was the ‘slip on a banana skin’ finish, but I’ve never been a fan of a guy Viscera’s size being schoolboyed and pinned like that.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-05-MCW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Viscera