Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-10-Stardom] Hana Kimura vs Kagetsu

Kadaveri

Feel like I'm stealing Aguakun's thunder a bit here, just watched this today and it's probably my 2nd favourite match of the tournament so far.

At the start of the tournament Oedo Tai played rock paper scissors to decide who of them would win the tournament and Hana Kimura won, so Kagetsu announces that this will be a 10 second match as she's going to let Hana get 2 easy points. So don't anyone go crying and complaining, you were warned! She starts the match by lying down and lets Hana pin her, 1, 2 .... kickout! And goes flying into offense onto a bedazzled Hana, as if Kagetsu was ever going to just lie down for you. Kris Wolf on the outside doesn't know who to take sides with, so spits water in both their faces! It escalates into a brawl on the floor with Kimura being thrown into the crowd and a chair fight breaks out. Hana is playing babyface in this match and when the match gets back into the ring sells in peril very well, her strikes are way better from when I last watched a load of Stardom at the start of the year. Kagetsu at the end has to pull out a 450 splash to put her naive protege away. They then have a microphone segment where Kagetsu explains that one day Hana will beat her, but she's going to have to earn it.

Always love a match with a solid narrative throughout, and the ring-work was all very good not quite enough to make me lose my mind at any point. ****

• 2 months later...

To be honest, this was the one match in the entire tournament that I had the least amount of interest in and I only checked it out after reading positive reviews. I wasn't disappointed though as this was a really strong match. Hana had another quality performance here. I especially liked how she stayed saucy after she wasn't going to get her easy win. Kagestu looked great again and is definitely one of, if not the, best performers in the entire tournament. Everyone should check this match out, even if you can't stand Oedo Tai. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-10-Stardom] Hana Kimura vs Kagetsu