Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-06-Monterrey] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Perro Aguayo & Antifaz del Norte vs El Dandy & Pierroth Jr & Dr Wagner Jr & Shocker

soup23

So much talent in the ring and as a result, this match is good even if it was surface level sequences and not the MOTYC all eight probably could have against each other if they went all out. Dandy is a pretty strong rudo in Monterrey and I am looking at him and Shocker here since they weren’t on the big CMLL show. Dandy gets the finale pin on Antifaz with holding the rope and an assist by Shocker. The Pierroth vs Perro old man slugfest in the middle was really good. Shocker clowning around also added some strong character moments and he seemed to be going after both Casas and Santo at different points. *** (6.2)

• 2 months later...

A fun collection of guys but a tad underwhelming as an actual match. Shocker always seems to carry stretches of these matches with his charisma and fun bumping and I really appreciate him in this setting. Casas in particular had some fun interactions with him. Outside of that and a few moments between Aguayo and Pierroth this didn't feel very standout.

**1/2

• 2 months later...

A lot of big names in this but nothing terribly exciting happens. The Dandy vs. Antifaz beef continues to be underwhelming. That's mostly because Dandy is a boring rudo. There is one exchange with Antifaz where Shocker and Wagner take over the beatdown and the contrast between that pair and Dandy when it comes to rudoism is startling. I have no idea why Dandy is so listless but he blows in this feud.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-06-Monterrey] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Perro Aguayo & Antifaz del Norte vs El Dandy & Pierroth Jr & Dr Wagner Jr & Shocker